Mattel Proton Pack - speculation

Well, looks like there will be no " sorry " sign for me then. ^_^
( please check my comment page 2 )

Yeah, not surprised here, since even four pages of explanations of how Matty would do a decent pack managed to convince me. There was only the Googles left on their to-do-at-a-decent-price list, and there was no way the pack could have been made for less than 300$. Sorry guys... somehow I would love to have the same opinion than yours.

Love that Mattel is doing these but the goggles look a little cheap & plastic to me. I'll reserve judgement for now though because I'm thrilled with my PKE & trap. :)

So unless Mattel decides to either cancel the line after the goggles or make a really obscure prop, they've pretty much put themselves in the position where the Proton Pack is the only prop item worthy of being next.
I'm hoping I'm right...

So unless Mattel decides to either cancel the line after the goggles or make a really obscure prop, they've pretty much put themselves in the position where the Proton Pack is the only prop item worthy of being next.
I'm hoping I'm right...

Unless they go GB2 or animated GB.

Unless they go GB2 or animated GB.

Not sure what you mean by going GB2. There wouldn't be much else from GB2 that they could do, except the Giga Meter. The PKE meter looked exactly the same in GB2 as it did in GB1, and the trap came with interchangeable parts to make it look like the GB2 trap. Props from the animated series would be another option. I honestly don't see Matty doing a Proton Pack. It would be too big, and the cost would be way to high. The PKE meter (I managed to get one this time, missed out on the first release), the Ghost Trap(I'm hopping for a re-release of the trap), and the Ecto-Goggles(I'm getting these babies) are small enough and the price is reasonable. The next prop I'm hopping for is the Giga Meter.

I'm not convinced they'll do the Pack. Considering the mess that is the Hoverboard, I don't really see them do the Pack, so... maybe ( and this is a tiny tiny small maybe ) the Giga Meter, and stop there with some re-releases.

My two cents. :)

From what the talk has been on the board, it looks like the goggles will be the last Hurrah for the GB line unless there is a third GB movie. The GB forum at this point is pretty much killed off with the announcement fo them shutting down the franchise figures and not having a GB club this year.

I think a big part of their prop line future will be determined by the reaction to the Hover Board release in the next month or so. But the fault on that really lies with the individual production leader on that project unfortunately and it may reflect on everything else.

Not sure what you mean by going GB2. There wouldn't be much else from GB2 that they could do, except the Giga Meter. The PKE meter looked exactly the same in GB2 as it did in GB1, and the trap came with interchangeable parts to make it look like the GB2 trap. Props from the animated series would be another option. I honestly don't see Matty doing a Proton Pack. It would be too big, and the cost would be way to high. The PKE meter (I managed to get one this time, missed out on the first release), the Ghost Trap(I'm hopping for a re-release of the trap), and the Ecto-Goggles(I'm getting these babies) are small enough and the price is reasonable. The next prop I'm hopping for is the Giga Meter.

Or the slime scoop. But overall ya, not much that would be overly recognizable from GB2.

I don't know.

As much as I love the Matty trap I have.

There comes a time when you start to add up all that you have spent on 2nd rate (75% accurate) goods and find out how many times over you could have bought a first rate product.

I love the Matty trap but the thing with Ghostbusters is defying the make believe aspect of it all. I saw GB when I was 7 and believed it could actually be (the movie too lent itself to that).

Thinking about it now, if I think of a proton pack I can't visualise it in any other way than a real metal 55lbs backpack with real deep bass and mysterious lights.

That is what I would want to reminisce about a childhood fantasy.

Not a plastic 15lbs copy or whatever, but the actual "real" thing. If I have to save up, fine. Better than 100 things bought for $20 than the one thing that personifies it bought for $2000.

My house isn't going to be covered by a million childhood fantasy items anyway, 2 or 3 tops.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back