THE 1984 VENKMAN LEGACY PROTON PACK

thegreatgalling

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
THE 1984 VENKMAN LEGACY PROTON PACK

This pack has been a labor of love and I think it is at a point now where I can share it!

BACKGROUND:
This pack started as an Anovos Legacy “Spengler” Pack (which of course was actually cast from a Superhero, which is mislabeled as Spengler in the Sony Archives). Since the Superhero shells were cast for the main four packs, all the scratches pimples and bumps on the original 1984 master are evident in this cast. There IS some work to make a Superhero shell into a Venkman shell which I will detail below.

The goal here was a fresh new looking 1984 pack to match Venkman’s pack as it appeared with a fresh coat of paint in the Sedgwick.

I will eventually be upgrading with a Legacy shell produced by Arron Mack.

FEATURES:
- Shell cast from a Superhero that has been heavily modified to match the Venkman. I’ll detail these changes below.
- Vintage square fitting with softer lettering and Ohio, lettering.
- Vintage Clippard valve with unstretched Clippard lettering.
- Vintage Clippard hex fittings with wide bevel and no stamping.
- Vintage Nycoil tubing with correct lettering and placement to match the Venkman.
- Vintage Clippard tubing.
- Vintage Raytheon 3 part crank knob
- Vintage real Shock Mount/ Ion Knob
- Vintage 4mm Legris elbows
- Custom stamped vintage Ribbon clamp
- Booster frame cast from original
- Bumper cast from original
- Vintage resistors
- Motherboard rivets match locations as close as possible.
- Beam line and filler tube were custom adapted to match the Venkman.
- N-Filter welds attempt to mimic the Venkman welds.
- Danger label on the N-Filter is a two part foil and clear sticker.
- Fiberglass shell with hero metal components.
- Metal Umori wand.
- Spongeface “vintage incandescent” light kit in the powercell.

THANK YOU:
I have to thank all the experts here who have contributed the knowledge that made my pack even remotely possible. Firstly, Ray Cameron helped me find all the original Clippard tubing, chad schweitzer helped me with all the insane rivet placement on the mobo, Doug Solo, your notes on the GB2 Venkman were invaluable, Toby Canham-James who made the flashbulb in the wand possible.

Thank you Nic Farnsworth for hunting down the right LC1 frame and straps! Thank you Kevin Kemarly for your eyes and ears. Charles Fincher made the ribbon cable. Arron Mack and GB fans parts and labels filled in the rest of the important gaps. Julian Legge helped me nail the spacers and their attachment to the cross bars. And Cole Funseth helped me with the accurate location of the cyclotron bulbs. Matthew Burkit helped me with the cyclotron hole measurement.
None of this would have been possible without Mikhail Lynn’s Venkman pictures. Special thanks to Dan Harshman for the Spengler's 1984 Work Bench group.

V0SDSj.jpg

V0Stcb.jpg

V0SZKu.jpg

V0SLPe.jpg

V0SsV9.jpg

V0Sio7.jpg

V0S6tS.jpg

V0S4N2.jpg

V0SrAl.jpg

V0Sg94.jpg

V0SSSf.jpg

V0S8cG.jpg

V0SvFs.jpg

V0SNnt.jpg

V0SjtI.jpg

V0SOMX.jpg

V0SePn.jpg

Here is a little more of a deep dive on some of the highlighted features:

V0PvK7.md.jpg

One thing that was very important to me was including the distinct welds on the N-Filter that were specific to the Venkman pack:

V0P8l9.md.jpg

The serial numbers on the ribbon clamp:

V0PePS.md.jpg

PPD angle:

V0POV2.md.jpg

VERY big thank you to Mike over at GBHQPartsDepot on Etsy. Mike helped me hunt down a lot of the impossible to find vintage fittings, including these straights with the wide bevel.

V0Pjt4.md.jpg

Stickers were a PAIN but I went to great lengths to try to match their locations:

V0PhNf.md.jpg

Work on the filler tube:
V0PNol.md.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back