Ghostbusters Proton Pack - Fiberglass Cloth, Mat, or alternatives?

eviljbrian

Hello,

I have a Ghostbusters Proton Pack I made years ago, and it was great, however since I decided at the time to make the main body of it completely out of wood, it was also pretty heavy. I bought a replacement shell a while back so that it would be much lighter. Thankfully many of the parts I have I can probably re-use. This was back before 3D printing was widely used (or thought of really) so the new shell is vacuum formed. While it looks good, it is a bit thin. I would like to build up the thickness and strengthen many of the key areas before I start to cut and use it.
Some of the areas I would like to strengthen are primarily the outermost edges and corners, the gun mount, and any other areas in which I would need to build up to help support any weight.

Right now from what I see, some of my best options would be fiberglass resin and use either fiberglass cloth or fiberglass mat. I know very little (really none) in how to use it other than I would need to do the work outside, use a respirator, gloves, long sleeves (perhaps just get a painter's suit for it) and alot of small paint brushes.

If anyone has worked with this can offer any suggestions on what to use (fiberglass mat, fiberglass cloth, both, or an alternative) I would greatly appreciate it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back