Masters of the Universe: Revelation - Netflix series

Dudes: "Gal Gadot can't play Wonder Woman because she doesn't have enough muscle"

Also Dudes: "Teela has too many muscles! She looks like a dude!"
Yeah the Wonder Woman thing were fans being too picky I thought. I get that they wanted a Lucy Lawless type but Gal looked so great as WW.

wonder-woman-cosplay-02.jpg
wonder-woman-cosplay-01.jpg

When you mentioned Wonder Woman you reminded me of this woman, who to my estimation is far more beautiful than Gal Gadot. Strong, and yet still feminine. Not that I had any problem with Gal as Wonder Woman either and I've often praised that first film and still do, as being one of the most entertaining Super Hero movies ever.

Netflix is doing a separate He-Man show that connects to their She-Ra series. It isn't the same as this MOTU Revelations one.

IMG_20210722_144239.jpg

Netflix is doing a separate He-Man show that connects to their She-Ra series. It isn't the same as this MOTU Revelations one.
Ah, that makes sense. A friend of mine had shared the trailer linked on the first page with me back when it first came out, and us both being fans of the She-Ra series assumed MOTU: Revelations was the aforementioned He-Man sequel series. We were both wondering how they'd reconcile the different animation styles.

I presume that many people here disappointed by He-Man taking a backseat in this series may end up being more appeased via the He-Man standalone series.

I have heard that Netflix is interested in doing a crossover series after the supposed "He-Man show," which I suspect this will end up being to a capacity.

I, for one, enjoyed the re-booted She-Ra series, so I'd be interested in seeing an expansion of that universe.
I don't know how they'd do it, as the art styles are very different, but it could be interesting.

So the fans who didn't like it are now the lowest common denominator, is that what you're suggesting? It was certainly possible to create a show that was a tribute to the original but pushed it in a new direction without pulling a bait and switch. It was also possible that they could have been clearer and titled the show accordingly from the outset making sure people knew that Teela was the protagonist, not He-Man or Adam.

It definitely didn't help matters that Kevin Smith outright lied to fans and claimed he was a fan from the beginning when I think he would have garnered more respect from them if he said he wasn't a fan as a kid, but became a fan when he got the opportunity to work on the show.

The truth of the matter is, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Last edited:
So the fans who didn't like it are now the lowest common denominator, is that what you're suggesting? It was certainly possible to create a show that was a tribute to the original but pushed it in a new direction without pulling a bait and switch. It was also possible that they could have been clearer and titled the show accordingly from the outset making sure people knew that Teela was the protagonist, not He-Man or Adam.

It definitely didn't help matters that Kevin Smith outright lied to fans and claimed he was a fan from the beginning when I think he would have garnered more respect from them if he said he wasn't a fan as a kid, but became a fan when he got the opportunity to work on the show.

The truth of the matter is, they knew exactly what they were doing.
No man, it's just a math joke. I was simply pointing out that so far the holy tomatometer is ratioed one direction. That's it.

The first two episodes that I watched were pretty great! Most certainly there wasn't this much fighting in the original Filmation series! Some of the animation was a bit meh (also the somewhat random blood...) but yeah, pretty great start! Didn't mind the "bait and switch" as people call it. Although I would have loved more to have seen the original comics animated (where there was no Adam). But that's unlikely to happen. One can dream though, right?! :D

Imagine a TV series called 'Smokey and the Bandit Continues'. The trailer is filled with scenes of Burt Reynolds driving the Trans Am and the furious Sheriff in hot pursuit.

So you watch it. The first episode opens with the Bandit crashing, getting caught, and getting jailed for years. The Sheriff goes back to his Texas home. The series quickly re-focuses on the Sally Field character. It follows her adventures as she goes back to NYC, gets an apartment, makes new friends, and tries to succeed on Broadway.

Umm, yeah . . . I think it's fair to call that a bait-and-switch. Deceptive marketing. They were not honest with the fans/audience.

That means the filmmakers/studio have to expect some bad reactions. They were asking for it. They deserve it. The bad reactions are justified.

Whether this new show is good on its own terms is beside the point. It wasn't sold to viewers on its own terms.

Last edited:
Whether this new show is good on its own terms is beside the point. It wasn't sold to viewers on its own terms.
If you'll forgive my picking this bit out I must say, this point of view baffles the **** out of me.

"This thing isn't what I wanted exactly, but it's still OK."
"So you're happy because it's good?"
"Oh Lord no. I'm pissed as hell that it isn't the thing I thought it would be."
"But you said it was good?"
"I don't care if it's good, it isn't what I wanted!"

o_O

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back