Master Anubis suit WIP.

How about a scarab beetle motif for a bead design? You'd probably have to make the legs long enough to wrap around the dread, but I think that'd tie in nicely with the Egyptian theme.

Thanks everyone!

Here's a pic with gold and black.
Bead9.jpg

Looking good so far, like the color on the thighs
Thanks, but that's the way I got them and not even close to the scheme I'm after. I've been considering local reptile colors but I don't know if I can pull it off, so I might end up with a more traditional color scheme.

How about a scarab beetle motif for a bead design? You'd probably have to make the legs long enough to wrap around the dread, but I think that'd tie in nicely with the Egyptian theme.
I'm considering doing one. I got to figure out what all I want displayed before I look like a pet store.

I'm considering doing one. I got to figure out what all I want displayed before I look like a pet store.
I would consider doing the beetle on a solid P1 Bead instead of wrapping them around the dread. You can also look at Egyptian glyphs and stuff to help decorate your Pred.

I would consider doing the beetle on a solid P1 Bead instead of wrapping them around the dread. You can also look at Egyptian glyphs and stuff to help decorate your Pred.

Or make it gold and use it as the centerpiece of a trophy necklace...

That suit up is looking awesome and has some serious great potential. Can't wait to see updates!

Hi, Master Anubis, I'm assuming you are making an Egyptian themed suit?
Yep.
Thanks, I had seem some of that before. That Narin piece does help . I've seen it but never really looked at it. That is one awesome piece.

I've nearly finished my bio. This is what I got out of the mold late last night. I'm very pleased with it. I updated the bio thread with more pics.
maskOfAnubis8.jpg

Edit... I don't feel like bumping...
The bio WIP thread is done.
Here's what I got:
maskOfAnubis9.jpg

Edit... I don't feel like bumping...again.
Here are the eyes cut out and on my mask. I haven't decided for sure which direction I'll go with the lenses. I'm leaning toward the mesh plus backed with plastic.
maskOfAnubis10.jpg

I've been working on my feet lately... couldn't wait. I figured that they are small enough area with a lot of detail and that it would the best place to get rolling.
feet-1.jpg

I'm happy with my technique and how they're comming but I'm pissed at the yellow because of the green tint. I'm working with a basic set of colors and I have to mix colors to get what I want. I mixed the brown and I'm happy with that but that stupid yellow... I guess I need to pick up a bigger set of colors. What should be obvious is that I didn't spray silver and I need to cover the black again.

I think that the green on the feet looks good...just my opinion though. The bio turned out really well too, it def. has the Anubis feel to it. Maybe some weathering on the gold crown? All in all it looks great.

Thanks!
I like the way they look too. It's just that I was trying to do a desert theme and green just doesn't work. Besides, I'm not an artist and this mixing colors thing just isn't working well for me.

I'm trying to figure out a way to weather the bio, Gold doesn't tarnish. Definitely needs it, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks, guys. ;)

Just a quick update before I hit the hay.

Here is an overall pick of my cod piece a couple days ago.

codpeice-1.jpg

Here it is now. I'm ready to cast this bad boy up. I made a texture stamp off of a scrap from a purse, the same one that donated pieces to my boys suit. I used the one side to texure the top and the other, rougher side to texture all the flaps. before that I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to do the texture like the reference pictures.
codpeice-2.jpg

If it seems like I'm jumping around, it's because I am. Got to keep motivated and a little here and there seems to work OK for now.

Thanks again, everyone.

Thanks, everyone. :lol:

Usurper,
For this one, I’m trying to actually finish something and move on to new sculpt. I’m thinkin’ gauntlets (not related to my suit build though).

:lol: Unfortunately when I went to cast it up last night I didn't do an adequate job with the damn walls. I made a huge mess and barely was able to make the mold. But I did make it though I had to add a second pouring that I was advised against but that came out well. I had to have my boys help me with the mess before my wife got home. We got most of it cleaned up before she got home so that she’ll never know how bad it was. :D

I'll just have to wait to see how bad the sculpt got touched 'till after I get all the clay out of it and a pull done.

I did two practice pulls since my Bat Black is bad now. This is the third pull.
The permawet came out a little glossier then I wanted but overall I'm pretty happy.
I took my sweet time with the paint since this was practice and I'm still a little subtle with the colors.
codpeice-3.jpg

Well, I ended up sculpting and making the butt flap too. I finally got my shipment from The Monster Makers on Wednesday. This, after they 'delevered' it last Friday... to the wrong street.

codpeice-4.jpg

While I'm enjoying this sculpting thing, making everything from scratch is kinda getting old. I've decided to start on my shins :)
I really wanted to do gauntlets, but if I don't get these done I'll be messin' with my time table.

leg1.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back