Master Anubis suit WIP.

Wow ..those came out great. Dont worry to much about those seems .they can easily be removed. Cut them off with cuticle scissors ..now ..its ok if there is a sort of crevice in between the seems. Make up some latex bondo ..or cabopatch. You mix cobosil with prosaide into an almost frosting like consistency. Then you sort of spackle it into the seem with a sculpting spatula..or broken popsicle stick ..then use a damp sponge and wipe it smooth ..the seem will even out ..and will hardly be noticable when you paint

Thanks!
I have tried cuticle scissors but I ended up with a crap pair that didn't do anything but hurt my fingers. :) You get what you pay for some times. Thanks for the tip about the cabosil. It looks fairly cheep to be able to fill like that.

I think your shins turned out very good. I've never molded or cast anything before, but I don't think the seems look to bad. Just one question...how did you cast it with both ends open? Did you have to put a base at one end, like Plexiglas?

I think your shins turned out very good. I've never molded or cast anything before, but I don't think the seems look to bad. Just one question...how did you cast it with both ends open? Did you have to put a base at one end, like Plexiglas?
Thanks! No, it's not open on both ends. The mold is two pieces and the top of the shin is blocked off. The picture lookes a little wierd because of the contrast so this may give you a better idea of what it looks like. I cut out the disc at the top and trimmed off the bottom before test fitting. I'm being a little different with the seam line but I don't think I'll do it exactly like this again.
shinSet5.jpg

dude those shins look awesome well done your suit progress is looking way good.o_O
Thanks, I've slowed up on my progress recently due to distractions but I'm really get'in close.

Progress looking really good bro, keep it up.
Thanks.

Quick and small update.
I got quite a ways on my staff and moched up the leather parts.
My intention is to be a lot like the Lost Predator staff with the bone being the transition from the blade to the handle. That will be the top of the foward leather grip.
The handle is 3/4" PVC and the blade is 1/8" ABS plastic doubled up. The handle lookes shiny but it isn't done. Overall it stands shy of 7' long total.
khopesh01.jpg

edit:
I did a drawing today. I cheated and traced a lot of it from my picture and changed/updated what I foresee happening with my setup. I will continue on this drawing since it's not complete but this give me a good idea what I'm looking forward too.
MaserAnbubis2.jpg

WOW!
I can't believe I've been working on this this long!

Here are some pics from Phoenix comicon. They are the only ones of me in full costume. So if anyone hasn't seen the PCC thread then here are pics.

This turned out to be one of best pics. I really liked this pose and tried to do it when I could.
AnubisClan001.jpg

The Kopesh Staff turned out pretty good. I cut strips of leather and wraped the PVC 'T' and strung my turkey neck bones around the joint and some off of stringers. The handles are piecs of leather wraped crudely around the handle. Then a self drilling screw held them in place but I had stripes of leather tied around it and glued in place just in case. As a matter of fact, everywere that leather was touching leather got at least a drop of glue just in case. These are real hyroglifics, just randomly picked out. Before I go out with it again I will put a rubber foot of some sort on it to keep it from sliding around.
khopesh02.jpg

AnubisClan002.jpg

Big Evil calles this a 'Rock Star Shot'. I like it cause it's clear. On my sternum you can see the hyroglifics read 'Anubis'. All of my beads are gold with black wash. I had a half dozen regular beads with my families names or initials writen with hyroglifics on them.
AnubisClan003.jpg

This one makes me laugh. It's the guy who stand in front of a lion for a picture. "Oh, I'm a badass."
AnubisClan004.jpg

Overall a VERY successful run as Master Anubis. I'll be doing some sort of high heel/lift shoe thing to give me a 'cheat'. As it was I was the second tallest next to Big Evil.

I want to thank everyone that was there and that helped out... especially Glendon. Without him fixing my dreads I would have been a bed head pred.

I want to thank everyone that was there and that helped out... especially Glendon. Without him fixing my dreads I would have been a bed head pred.
It was my pleasure man anytime I agree that it was a very successful day and I can't wait to do it again with you next year or any event for that matter. (y)

Thanks!

This was a good group and we had a very big impact when we were together. Next time I'll remember to have pictures taken of just me from all around. That way I can see what others see. I'm searching for the perfect pose picture of me too.

I love those Face hugger Dred Rings, they are genius...The snakes look good for your theme yes, Still, the face hugger just genius. I would not have thought to use dollar store adhesive silicon for molding but its good to see small items can be cast this way. A good tip for people on a budget.

The modified spear weapon is very well done. You might consider a heiroglyph translator to write your predator's name or even just your own, just a minor customization technique, though hardly nessicary if your happy with the way it looks.

You did a great job with the shadowing on your legs and the yellow desert coloration seems to be sported well for your theme.

Nice work Master Anubis!

How didpeople reacted when you push your blades?
Ah, sorry for the delay on this one... I was cool the few times I got to do it. It didn't get the screaming I hoped for. :( I did get a few wows. I had two little kids looking at me and one was just staring at them and I let them come out and his eye got really big. o_O That was fun. He just starred more at afte that.

I love those Face hugger Dred Rings, they are genius...The snakes look good for your theme yes, Still, the face hugger just genius. I would not have thought to use dollar store adhesive silicon for molding but its good to see small items can be cast this way. A good tip for people on a budget.

The modified spear weapon is very well done. You might consider a heiroglyph translator to write your predator's name or even just your own, just a minor customization technique, though hardly nessicary if your happy with the way it looks.

You did a great job with the shadowing on your legs and the yellow desert coloration seems to be sported well for your theme.

Nice work Master Anubis!
Thanks! My sternum piece does actually say Anubis. I had no time to go to the computer let alone figure out Ancient Egyptian before writing them on the blade though. Time was up when I did that part.
There are people that have done large molds with that technique, I just won't recommend it.

The suit looked great in person. I cant wait to see what else you have planned for the beast brother.
Thanks! The next step is to finish my damn slicone mask. I keep getting side tracked. Focus. Focus. Focus.

Pic from Tucson Comicon.  I got my cod piece attached.
MasterAnubis001.jpg

Finally got my gloves painted.  They are a pain in the ass to keep straight but I will be putting in new inner/under gloves soon.

Pic from Prescott this weekend
MasterAnubisAdjusted_zps22e2b618.jpg

Oh, I haven't seen this before . . . 

I like the khopesh blade on the staff.  It's a nice Egyptian touch.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back