Mass Effect Femshep N7 Armor Build

I wonder if you lighten the black you're using a little if that would work? The screenshot black looks more faded so it's matching the carbon fiber better.
I tried that, but the issue is that the *gray* on the carbon fiber doesn't match any of the grays/silvers I've found. The one I'm using in the picture is too warm toned, but everything else is way too cool toned/glittery. The other thing is that the vinyl is quite glossy, actually, but gloss top coat looks awful, imo and I prefer satin. Any suggestions on the paint are greatly appreciated!

Just a thought, if you need to darken the CF elements, have you thought of window /headlight tinted vinyl?

a) Apply tinted vinyl to CF vinyl, squeegee out the air bubbles, let dry overnight
b) Heat gun to make bond permanent
c) Use new "laminate" vinyl material and apply as per normal to armour

Just a thought, if you need to darken the CF elements, have you thought of window /headlight tinted vinyl?

a) Apply tinted vinyl to CF vinyl, squeegee out the air bubbles, let dry overnight
b) Heat gun to make bond permanent
c) Use new "laminate" vinyl material and apply as per normal to armour

I really like this suggestion! I'll check it out.

Alright, I believe I've found my solution. I've ditched the vinyl all together and used non-slip shelf liner from my corner store to spray on the pattern. It's not ideal, as I really really liked the vinyl, but I just don't think the vinyl will work out. At least, for now, I want to use this method instead and focus on other things. Maybe some day in the future I will find a way to use the vinyl!

This method is actually the method I was using before I started this thread and before I discovered the vinyl, but I was using a really poor quality liner that was leaving residue on the armor. I bought this new liner that is much better quality and worked like a charm.

I've still got a lot of detailing and weathering to do, but here's how it's looking so far!

20211116_235254.jpg

Good to know that you'll use the "old" way of doing things. Sometime, it's not about re-inventing the wheel, but to get the results you know you're going to get and be happy with it(y)

Alright, I believe I've found my solution. I've ditched the vinyl all together and used non-slip shelf liner from my corner store to spray on the pattern. It's not ideal, as I really really liked the vinyl, but I just don't think the vinyl will work out. At least, for now, I want to use this method instead and focus on other things. Maybe some day in the future I will find a way to use the vinyl!

This method is actually the method I was using before I started this thread and before I discovered the vinyl, but I was using a really poor quality liner that was leaving residue on the armor. I bought this new liner that is much better quality and worked like a charm.

I've still got a lot of detailing and weathering to do, but here's how it's looking so far!
This is a really clever idea and I'm stealing it.

On to the new abs! My old abs were heavily damaged when I moved, so I could not revamp them. BUT i took the opportunity to 3D print them instead. Here is the final print.

20211204_071137.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1408832

I'm staying my parents long term, so I haven't been able to work on cosplay much, but I've been working on modeling the M-23 Katana shotgun 3D printing! I chose the Katana because it is one of the very few guns that are also in ME1 (as well as 2, 3, and Andromeda) and it is one of the first guns for Vanguards. I don't see many Mass Effect cosplayers with this gun so I'm very excited to print it!

This thing is far more complicated than I expected though. My model is highly detailed and extremely accurate. I'm very happy with my progress so far, so here is a side-by-side comparison with my reference! I'm using the ME3 and Andromeda models in XNALara for reference and Fusion 360 for modeling.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing this model to print one for themselves?

Hey, I'm really interested for the M23 Katana model to print :)

I've stopped putting a due date on this armor lol. I really want it to be perfect so I'm taking my time and taking all the breaks I need. I've learned a lot more Fusion 360 and have continued modeling parts of the armor. Unfortunately they have stopped selling Styrospray 1000 in small amounts for hobbyists/consumers and now only sell it in industrial amounts. I can't use it for this build anymore which is why I've switched to 3D printing.

In the meantime I have uploaded more free patterns to match the breastplate pattern: shoulders, back, neck, biceps, and abs.

Some amazing cosplayers have been using my patterns to make their own Femsheps, so check them out:

Makermage:
Lady Toxie:
The download is available at the link in my Instagram bio. I am not putting the direct link bere because the link will change in the near future as I work on rehosting everything on my upcoming website.

png_20230117_052019_0000.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back