Mass Effect 3 Ending, opinions and feelings?

I just watched all the endings on Gamespot plus one showing the evacuation just before you go up the beam, which explained how some of the people with you on the final raid managed to survive and then show up on the Normandy after the crash landing.

The new endings really didn't do anything for me. All it really did was change some information from implied into explicit.

I did like the new fourth option where you tell the Citadel to shove it.

I just watched all the endings on Gamespot plus one showing the evacuation just before you go up the beam, which explained how some of the people with you on the final raid managed to survive and then show up on the Normandy after the crash landing.

The new endings really didn't do anything for me. All it really did was change some information from implied into explicit.

I did like the new fourth option where you tell the Citadel to shove it.

I didn't even know about the 4th ending lmao I was like you know what screw it and shot the boy! He was like... nah uh uh uhhhhh.... LMAO WHOOPS!

I haven't seen the other 2 endings but my husband did do the GREEN choice (hehe) and said it was a little different then the RED... will watch em' all to see what the differences are but all in all all the DLC did was add some information.... and then of course left it open....

I'm bothered by the fact that the Citadel now resides over Earth. I loved how it used to be located in a part of space that wasn't owned by a single race. But at Earth? I don't think so. If this is going to be the home to the leaders of all the advanced races of the galaxy, it shouldn't belong to one of them.

If the Reapers could move it to Earth there must be a way to put it back where it was before. Likely just easier to rebuild it at Earth first and then move it back. In a Control or Synthesis ending that's no problem at all, Destroy might make it a little dodgy.

I didn't even know about the 4th ending lmao I was like you know what screw it and shot the boy! He was like... nah uh uh uhhhhh.... LMAO WHOOPS!

I haven't seen the other 2 endings but my husband did do the GREEN choice (hehe) and said it was a little different then the RED... will watch em' all to see what the differences are but all in all all the DLC did was add some information.... and then of course left it open....

There's more difference than before, but that's not saying a whole lot. I feel they really overdid it trying to sell Green as the best choice.

lol well I'd like to see the other endings... i've seen the red and the one where you kill the boy thing and the red one was like... ok.... tell me something I don't already know.... so i'm curious about the other two... :)

I blacklisted EA and all their subsidiaries a long time ago. So you can imagine my sadness when BioWare became a part of them. However, I stuck with them because I loved NWN, KOTOR 1 and 2, Jade Empire, DA:O and of course, the first two Mass Effect games.
Then it all went downhill from there. DA2 sucked which was followed by the controversy on Metacritic and the bannings at the official forums. Played the SWTOR beta and it was unbelievably bad. Mass Effect 3 restored my faith in them and then the last five minutes of the game happened. The EC did nothing to make me think that BioWare will recover from the ****storm they got themselves into and they are now a part of that blacklist. Only way I would purchase any new product from them now is if there's a KOTOR 3.

Solo, another vote for playing ME2. It's a great game and self-contained enough that you can walk away satisfied.

Okay, just finished my playthrough of the new endings (chose synthesis) and I have to say, the biggest improvement (even better than the epilogue, which added a lot of closure) was in the conversation options with the citadel AI (otherwise known as the godchild). I never thought I'd say this but the idea of him being an AI that went rogue and then reaped his creators... is kinda awesome.

AND with that new explanation, it fits into the bigger story here (synthetic vs organic). There was an ending to every alteration of THAT plotline, even if they weren't perfect options. For those of us who struggled and got the Geth and Quarians to agree, and worked with EDI all the way through... we get synthesis. The cynics, or those suspicious of AI tech... get destroy. And for those who thought Cerberus was right? Control.

I don't want to get into the whole controversy past my feelings on the ending itself, so I'll leave it at that.

I was going to replay it. I decided to watch them... I watched one and then decided I no longer give a damn.

Sad, because I really used to like Mass Effect.

I still love the entire ME universe but the endings just felt kind of... meh... I don't want it to end because I love the games. The DLC endings actually explained things though.... The ME3 guys SAID we were gonna get a lot of things with the game but... I don't know... it will probably be multiplayer crap which got boring afterwhile.... I guess we shall see..

8. (GOOD DESTROY ENDING ONLY) Shepard still wakes up from the wreckage for a gasp.... somewhere. None of the epilogues acknowledge his/her survival.

Technically, it also has Liara holding the Commander Shepard nameplate and looks like she has a feeling that Shepard is alive, and she doesn't hang up the nameplate. The other 2 endings they hang up the nameplate.

I like that at least cover that the Relays didn't go supernova, and can be rebuilt. It adds a little more closure, but the destroy ending still makes you assume the Geth are destroyed, not for sure. Still, I am not thrilled with all the green going on in Synthesis. The Control ending makes Shepard sound like a god and how he will destroy anything that tries to hurt us....

Not overly thrilled, but they give me a little more closure.

Closure was one of my biggest problems. I knew there wasn't gonna be much done with the endings. Granted, the endings in general still weren't as great as I would have expected for a trilogy game.

Bioware screwed the pooch, end of story.

It adds a little more closure, but the destroy ending still makes you assume the Geth are destroyed, not for sure.

They are dead. Starbrat says that all synthetics will be wiped out, EDI's dead (her nameplate is on the wall), and there's no Geth clip in the slideshow.

So there's two endings that let's us believe Shepard "might" of survived? The green ending freaked me out... the Krogan were scary as hell! I was like OH HELL NO! Like demon lizards.... ack!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back