Mass Effect 3 Ending, opinions and feelings?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Flecktarn92, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Flecktarn92

Flecktarn92 Active Member

I couldn't find anything on the site. Anyway for the players of this game what did you feel about the game/trilogy's end?

I'm not going to write any spoilers if they come up please write a notice first. I don't want to ruin in for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

RANT ALERT

In my opinion, I hated the ending, plain and simple. First of all it made no sense what so ever, it was awful. It essentially alienated the fans by pretty much making every thing you did in the previous games almost unnecessary. I have never felt so bad about a games end before. I usually feel a little bad when a game/series ends because it has ended and I accept it but its not the actual ending that gets me down its knowing that the story has concluded. This was not the case for ME3. The actual ending made me feel sick. I honestly do not want to touch a Mass Effect game again because I know I will have to deal with that ending again.

What do any players here think?
    This is becoming big, there is a massive movement to have it changed here is the movement's facebook page:

Demand a better ending to Mass Effect 3 | Facebook

It seems Bioware is doing a fantastic job of alienating their fans (no pun intended). DLC drama, Tali's face being a Getty stock photo and now this.

Anywho discuss.

2. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I haven't heard the DLC drama issues but I know the glitches like the import function not working has alienated folks and some of the game play controls I've had make it so hard to play without being ticked. I do find it funny that some of teh stuff you did in ME2 gets undone by Bioware in ME 3. Did you get all the endings or the lame one? Apparently you have to do everything just right to get the really good ending, they're using it as a reason to force you to play multiplayer as that makes it easier to get the ending

I'm not sure how much is bioware and how much is EA sticking their noses into thing as they're now telling developers they publish how to do things. They want Dead Space 2 to play like Resident Evil 5 even if the guys making DS don't want to. You wouldn't think making a face for Tali would be that hard since they could have scanned her actress like they did with Miranda. The game feels rushed, i don't think it was ready to release.

I'd join the movement but i don't have facebook. Maybe they'll do what happened with Fallout 3 where the ending was so poorly received they used a DLC to change it and add on to it.

3. Flecktarn92

I looked up the whole multiplayer singleplayer connection and its ridiculous. It pretty much affects what happens to Sheppard and Earth but regardless there are three options to end the game and they are all terrible. They implement a Deus Ex Machina to resolve the story and end it on a awful note. As one person said somewhere "The ending seems to be written by a person who had a 15 minute explanation of the game and just kind of winged it". They have got to fix, one way or another.

4. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Yeah Deus ex's ending was horrid too, i was hoping for some closure via DLC but as always Square dropped the ball. I heard that unless you did everything absolutely right to make up for not playing multiplayer you get a lame ending. I know that the bioware forum has implemented new rules as apparently the game makers were being insulted lol.

5. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

6. MasterDurangus

MasterDurangus Well-Known Member

Gonna put my whole thing under spoilers because I don't want to talk "vague" :lol

I liked the ending in a sense. Before you shoot me and call me an indoctrinated agent of Bioware, let me explain.

The ending made sense. The Citadel has been key since the beginning, it's always been there - The Protheans discovered it and used it, as did the Asari/Turians/etc/Council. It's revealed in ME:1 that it's actually a Mass Relay and that it was built by the Reapers (or so the Prothean VI thought).

In reality, the Citadel houses the VI responsible for controlling the Reapers. One thing I wish Bioware would have explained is the connection to Harbinger (the most powerful Reaper is hardly ever mentioned in the story :confused ) but nonetheless, Shepherd finds this VI and then you begin the fun discussion of - "To kill, or not to kill, that is the question."

If you choose to destroy the Reapers, all synthetic life is destroyed (including Reapers, Edi, Geth, etc) as well as the Mass Relays and the Citadel itself (wiping you out along with it). If you don't have Galactic Readiness to 90%+ or whatever, most of the fleets are decimated in the final attack so almost everyone dies.

Is it a good way to end the series? Sure. You destroy the cycle of destruction that you discovered at the end of ME:1, you save humanity (your #1 priority) and give your life in the cause (Shepherds purpose). But, as Bioware loves to point out, everything has consequences - the penalty of destroying this cycle is losing the technology the Reapers created, namely the Mass Relays. Thus humanity is now forever separated from the Reaper threat/technology, but also from further Galactic Exploration.

Are there loose ends? YES. THAT's what bugged me the most. I had at least 20 different questions AFTER I beat the game. The game's ending SHOULD have answered all of them.

Questions such as -
    - The Reaper VI - who created the VI? How has it survived for so long? Why did it take the form of the boy?
    - The vision of Shepherd and his "son" - what the hell is this here for? If you're going to die doing the right thing, then it's not going to happen, so is it just some pointless "if the Reapers didn't exist and you never did any of the stuff you did, you could be doing this" thing?
    - What exactly just happened?
    - What happened to the fleets in orbit around Earth? How are they going to get back to their respective home planets without the Mass Relays?
    - What exactly was the Illusive Man? How exactly was he tied to the Reapers?
    - What happened to the rest of your crew?
    - Is it possible to rebuild the Mass Relays?
    - The future of the Protheans. If you do the From Ashes DLC, you get a (spoiler) a Prothean on your team. If he survives, he's the last member of his race, one of the most prominent races to have ever existed. C'mon, go somewhere with this!
    - What exactly did the Crucible do? We see an image of the beam washing over Earth and people getting vaporized, well what the hell? Did it just destroy humanity anyways? What exactly did it blow up?
    - Etc, and etc.

I think the ending was good, but not enough. I had to do a lot of reading online to sort of close some questions but even then, I'd love for some more answers. The basic structure of the ending was correct when you think of the ME series as an Epic, Shepherd as the Hero and the Galaxy as the people.

The Hero must save the people by sacrificing himself to stop the unbeatable power.

It's a pretty common story-ending, and it's been in ME since the beginning. Bioware followed up with it, but they should have worked through all the holes it left.

Those are just my thoughts. Bioware's mentioned that they won't make an ME:4 (Shepherd's series is done) but that they might make more games with the Mass Effect world (I, for one, would love to get an RTS game for ME based off of the game Star Wars: Empire At War. That would be incredible). They might go into more detail in those.

Should be noted: I've only played the game through once, and I barely did any of the side-quests. I'm on my second playthrough using a different ME 1 - 2 character that I'll do as much as possible in, and choose a different ending.

7. C0mmand3rC0dy

C0mmand3rC0dy Sr Member

After all the negative feedback, which I can see why so many people feel cheated, I haven't even started the single player yet to not be disappointed :lol

Instead I've been chilling as a Drell Adept on the multiplayer, which I think is quite enjoyable,

oh, and I'm GeraltORivia online if anyone wants to add me :thumbsup

8. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Rumor has it this isn't the end of the franchise just the end of the Shepard trilogy. I honestly think they threw in the multiplayer to make up for the story shortfalls thinking it'll distract most people who are into online gaming. Sad part it leaves those of us who hate online gaming twisting in the wind.
    Checkout the amazon reviews, it's averaging 3 stars.

read this (CONTAINS SPOILERS):
    http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423/1

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  9. MasterDurangus

The Multiplayer is fun, but has so many glitches. For instance - one game, it was as if I didn't exist. It was Wave 8, and my shots didn't count (as in, I could put a whole clip into someone and they wouldn't get damaged at all). I couldn't pick up more ammo, my powers didn't affect anyone, I couldn't melee, but I could get shot and killed.

It was the weirdest glitch. I just had to run around and let my teammates kill them until Wave 10.

I like it though. If they fix the glitches and add some more options rather than just facing wave after wave of enemies, I think they could pull it off.

As to the other ME games that won't involve Shepherd - there's a fair amount of info that Bioware will work on another ME game. I'd kill for an RTS similar to Star Wars Empire At War that involves Mass Effect.

10. neosporing

neosporing Sr Member

after i finished the game, i anger googled, "ME3 ending WTF" and was amazed at the hits and discussions i found. seems i wasn't the only one feeling this way.

16 different endings, with three variations of 'color' and a grandpa telling shepard stories after all life in the galaxy was expunged... wtf

definitely rushed from the dead characters inexplicably showing up emerging from the crashed ship in the final cut scene to characters holding weapons that weren't even in their loadout... plenty of things pointing to bioware 'mailing it in'

11. C0mmand3rC0dy

C0mmand3rC0dy Sr Member

MasterDurangus, that glitch happened to me a couple times, and at least for me it was when I didn't have enough bandwidth at home, and yeah it was annoying as hell :lol

My teammate was telling me how bad I was lagging. No idea as to what else might have caused it.

12. MasterDurangus

Making a list of things I think should/could have been improved in ME:3 single-player:

Relationships -
    - It was my understanding that it'd matter who you hooked up with in ME:1 as opposed to ME:2. EX - I went with Ash in ME:1 and Miranda in ME:2. When I see Ash in ME:3, we talk a little about it, but she's cool with the whole thing. That makes no sense whatsoever! I was expecting some conflict, as in a "you told me you loved me, but you went and slept with her!" sort of stuff.

Ending -
    - Here's how I would end the series. It's cliche, but how I would have done it. Reapers are sentient machines, but they're connected to their VI aboard the Citadel. Some form of QC communication, most likely. The plans for the "Crucible" aren't some doomsday superweapon :rolleyes but a machine that taps into this network. Once you have access to the network, it's just a matter of destroying all the information (like securely erasing a harddrive or destroying a brain of a human) to end the Reaper threat. But, the final piece - the "Catalyst" - is that you have to connect it to the VI (the key that all Reapers connect to) in the Citadel.
    ^^ That's the basis. Now, let's go into decisions:
    - A. GETH - The GETH are also synthetic beings. If you complete the Paragon option involving the GETH and Quarians, then they give you the option of using them to connect remotely to the Citadel VI. Unfortunately, if you do this, it will destroy every GETH as well because it destroys that "neural" network.
    - B. The Prothean VI - You can connect the Crucible to the Prothean VI and disable the Reaper's connection to the Citadel VI. The Prothean VI would have full control over the Reapers, and then Javik could have his revenge, and the Reapers would be repurposed. Plus, information could be gathered about their significant technology from the Prothean VI and humanity jumps forward in technology another 200 years. To do this, you MUST save the Prothean VI at Cerberus HQ.
    - C. Control the Reapers. You connect to the Citadel VI, but instead of erasing all the data, you upload your own virus/program that "destroys" their "free will" and lets you have full control over them. You're now the most powerful man in the galaxy, and feared above all.
    - A. Give control to the Council, the Reapers are now the personal weapon of the Council and SPECTREs. They're used to explore parts of the galaxy and settle disputes, and extremely strict rules are set in place for their usage.
    - B. Humanity's interests - you team up with Cerberus and use your new control to further humanity, gaining massive control over the Council and other races.
    - D. Destroy the Reapers. You erase the network and the Reapers shut down, forever destroyed.
    - A. Choose to study the Reaper remains for technological advances, which brings up its own pros/cons.
    - B. Deposit the remains of the Reapers in an abandoned part of the Galaxy and destroy the ME Relay.

So many options... THIS would be how to end it. What do ya'll think?

The A-B are supposed to be UNDER the main option, as decisions on a decision.

13. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I'm enjoying the bioware link i posted. The entire ME3 forum is about how bad the endings are and all the boycotts that are planned. Bioware is pretty quite other than one game guy said to keep all the ME3 saves you have. This game is getting attacked left and right.

14. MasterDurangus

Just now checking it out... I'll be interested to read what everyone thought about it. Call me an optimist, but I really didn't think it was all that bad. :unsure

15. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Everyone is betting that they'll be adding DLCs to it like with ME2 to make up for it by having the ending you got not be the real one. I also hope they fix Tali's face. I'm thinking maybe they couldn't get a scan of the actress in time like they did Miranda and put that there until they could. Heck maybe it's actually a joke where tali Photoshopped a photo on purpose.

16. MasterDurangus

There was DLC for ME:2? .... I missed something. :lol

17. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

18. MasterDurangus

Thanks for that... show how much I know about gaming! :lol

The theories on that website you shared are great. If that's true, Bioware gets a standing ovation.

19. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

If not I have a lot of their games not selling after this as people are already losing faith after Dragon Age 2. It wouldn't be so bad if Bioware actually would say something but they're like the council pretending there isn't any issues.

20. C0mmand3rC0dy

C0mmand3rC0dy Sr Member

If anything, get Lair of the Shadow Broker. It is the best of them all. Arrival isn't too bad either.

21. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Shadow Broker is so huge that it probably was originally part of the game.

22. MasterDurangus

Guessing that has something to do with Liara?

I'll take a look at it. DLC... very new to me haha. :lol

23. MasterDurangus

Thought of this...

Not going to put spoiler tags because it only deals with ME:2, not ME:3 (though be forewarned!)

What if Shepherd did die in ME:2? Was I the only one who thought it was kind of convenient... he dies in orbit around a planet... gets picked up and repaired over a 2 year period by Cerberus.... this leads to all the craziness we see in ME:2.

I'm not sure how this could play into ME:3, but it's interesting to consider.

24. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Oddly enough ME 3 forces you to create a new Shepard if he/her dies at the end of ME2 at the collector base. It would have been interesting for them to give people who had that happen to have a new commander pop up but since this is Shep's story that couldn't happen. Man bioware has a lot of damage control to do, they and EA are losing customers like mad.

25. Flecktarn92

Man this movement is growing rapidly. The facebook page is very close to passing 20,000 supporters. MSNBC, Forbes and various others have articles about it. The lead writer of Bioware stated that he is reading peoples statements but is not ready to comment yet, looks like we really have Bioware squirming.

26. MasterDurangus

I think Bioware's ending was okay, the problem is that they didn't create ENOUGH endings. After reading at least 20+ pages of material and 8 different articles, that seems to be what players are complaining about the most - their choices didn't matter, the ending didn't feel like enough (and some say it's too sad (really?! It's an EPIC. It's going to have a somewhat tragic ending, we knew this from the start)).

BW's ending might have worked. They just need to create about 5-6 more optional endings that you can do depending on the actions you take to complement their original ending. That would help, I think.

27. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Check out the bioware forum, turns out they gutted the game of a lot of stuff. they also seemed to want to focus on multiplayer and the kinnect crap more than anything. Also the guy who wrote the other two plus the 3 novels isn't involved in ME3.

28. MasterDurangus

Drew Karpyshan isn't involved in ME:3? Wow. That explains a lot.

29. SqueekinOrka

SqueekinOrka Well-Known Member

Reading this thread i'm eager to get to the end just to see how it ends and what ending i will get.

I've been playing multiply player and my war readiness is very high almost 100 on all sectors. I had a few glitches yesterday in MP. One i couldn't fire,reload,melee or do anything. I could switch weapons but do nothing with them. Then the game after i got another glitch. I died and i got revived but i could just stand there and not move. All i could do was take hits and die lol

By the sounds of it it's quiet disappointing and it's a real shame that there's been alot taken out of ME3. I guess i'll soon find out.

30. SqueekinOrka

SqueekinOrka Well-Known Member

Sorry. Some reason it posted my message twice. Sorry.

31. outlander

outlander Sr Member

ME 1&2 were not multiplay games. If I wanted to play a multiplay game I would have bought a multiplayer game in the first place. Now, after the first two chapters they are gonna waste their time and resources triying to entice me to aeperience the multiplayer aspect of ME?

Those resources would have been spent more wisely on original artwork for Tali.

If I wanted to associate with a crowd of mouthbreathing basement dwellers with over-caffienated reflexes and an inexhaustibal amount of free time to practice, I'd have purchased Game "X".

32. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Right now most people aren't that against the multiplayer but once the rage over the endings and glitches ends they will. Bioware has a PR nightmare on their hands and even if they make a DLC unless it fixes the ending somehow nobody's going to buy it. The mods over on the forum are shutting down threads too. Turns out some of the development team are global mods for the forum.

EDIT: G4's attack of the show is actually being pro gamer for once and covering the issues and the petition for a new ending. Bioware employees pop up to BS us on the forum while the one mod goes around calling everything negative spam and deleting it and locking threads when people voice opinions. Plus they're forcing people to register their games in order to post in the area of the ME3 forum that allows spoilers to be posted and customer service isn't responding. Sounds like the entire place is collapsing.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  33. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

How in the heck is anyone finished yet? I've been playing it 3-4 hours a night since last Tuesday and I don't think I'm even half done with it. I'm doing every single thing I can find. Maybe that's why they are getting a bad ending?

34. Flecktarn92

Yes and no. If you do every single mission and collect every single war asset and then go ahead and get the galactic readiness up to 100% you will get a better ending but it will still be the same ending as if someone did not do that, the only difference what happens to Shepard and Earth (and then only if you select a certain ending).

Its the options that players are given at the end of the game that is causing the uproar. You could have just gone through and done all of the priority missions and nothing else or done everything and you still will still get the same decisions.

So basically
    [​IMG]

35. MasterDurangus

I did a basic run-through on my basic run-through Shepherd. I do hardly any of the side-quests and just play the story, I have one that I've done that since ME:1. Took me 22 hours to beat it.

Now I'm going back with my second Shepard to do everything (I've done everything in the other 2 games with him).

36. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Actually they're complaining about every ending. (that's as nice as i can put it without spoiling things)

Man the mods on there are shutting down thread left and right.

edit: this is interesting. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9931116

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  37. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Before I begin, I would like to say the following.

I respect what Bioware/EA's has made, I respect the story they have written, I respect their right to defend and stand by their product 110% and I respect their decisions in whatever they're going to do with the product in the future.

Now, without further ado....

THE ENDING
    This ending.... I can only it summarize in one word.

BETRAYAL!

Betrayal! This ending betrays everything that Mass Effect has done! Everything that Mass Effect has set up! Everything that made sense in it's universe! There is just no reason for any writer to come up with these conclusions unless it was a writer who has never played any of the previous games, doesn't know all the details to this particular entry, and was told to just end it on artsy note. It doesn't freaking work.

Remember that stupid, pathos driven kid who was turned into the most important thing on Shepard's mind? He is now revealed as a god like being who is in control of the Reapers. STUPID. He also resides on the Citadel. MORONIC. And his motivation as to why all advanced civilizations must be wiped out? BLOODY OFFENSIVE. What really bothers me about this kid/god being is that they're only exclusive to Mass Effect 3 only. For the whole series to introduce this one element and declare it the most important part of the entire franchise not only short changes the series, but contradicts elements from the previous games! Where was this god like being when ME1 happened? How come it didn't turn the Citadel into the Mass Relay that would bring all the Reapers back from dark space if that was it's plan? And why did it take the form of that stupid, hood jacket wearing kid? There are DOZENS of characters in Mass Effect who are much closer to Shepard who gave up their lives that still inhabit Shepard's conscience. For this kid to take the most important spot is a huge misstep.

And the Reaper motivation? They destroy all advanced forms of life because they don't want them to create synthetics that will one day wipe them out. The civilizations, not the Reapers. That would have made a little more sense, but still be stupid. So these Reapers, who have committed genocide on countless TRILLIONS of life forms over the past millions of years are doing it as a favor to us. This is like that one running gag from "Mars Attacks!" where the translated keeps saying "Don't run! We are your friends!", only this time it's taken seriously here.

Here's another problem with this motivation. Remember the Geth? Some would generalize that they turned on their creators and tried to annihilate them, but that's not true. They merely rebelled and kicked them off their world so that they could be free and safe. They never went set out to hunt down and destroy the Quarians, or any other race. The only time the Geth were ever blood thirsty, murdering rampage machines of death was when.... wait for it.....

SOVEREIGN (A Reaper) INFLUENCED THEM! Did Sovereign at any time show us how his Geth would one day represent what all synthetics are capable of when he took them over? No. Soverign only used them as he used Saren. As tools to further his own plans. So not are the Reapers and this god child killing trillions out of mere speculation, but they're also causing synthetics to do what they specifically don't want them to do! This is like telling someone who owns a gun that it will eventually lead to their death. This is like someone believing that in order to stop someone else from killing themselves with their own gun, he takes the gun, shoots you with it and says "Told you so". See how that logic is flawed?

And the crashed Normandy? First off, everyone who was onboard the Normandy was on Earth fighting the Reapers. Why would Joker land on Earth, take everyone out when there is clearly still fighting to be done (as seen in the cutscenes) and fly pass some anomaly? Why, after crash landing on an unknown planet would they walk out of the wreckage with smiles on their faces? Hey Liara, Kaiden, Joker, Ashley or whoever was left alive on the Normandy, WHAT ABOUT SHEPARD? What about the rest of the galaxy? What about anything?? Did you lose all your memory when you crash landed and all you can think about is how pretty the scenery looks? This part makes no freaking sense at all. It's just thrown in with no set up and no point.

So there you have it. The Director has already gone on record saying that he stands by this ending for no reason other than it will create discussion. Mission Accomplished. He also reassures us that there will be single player pre-ending DLC for us to buy so we can experience this ending again, and again.

And with that, Mass Effect is done, and I'm left feeling emotionally low. I haven't played the game since it ended, and I had three Shepards with different ME1&2 play throughs to look forward to. But why would I want to go through all that trouble again for something this bad? I'm not going to, and no amount of pre-ending DLC is going to change my mind. Especially when so many areas in the game are just cheap (Tali's face, quest tracking, quest breaking bugs, character flashbacks). I'm just going to let it go and move on to other properties that actually want to mean something.

38. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Bioware's got a PR mess on their hands and people are already trying to find ways to sell off their copies and get at least some back as they're refusing to buy any DLCs that come out. Forbes magazine has run 3 articles calling out Bioware for it and a few members of the bioware forum are thinking of selling their EA stock over this. There are to be other Mass effect games but nobody is going to buy them.

39. booksandcorsets

booksandcorsets Well-Known Member

My feelings: Anger and disappointment. I have multiple Shepards, who made many different choices through ME1 and ME2. And at the end of ME3... they will ALL have the same ending. That's *terrible*.

Add to that: I don't know the specifics of what my choices bought. There was no epilogue that wrapped up the world for me. A slideshow, ala DA:O, would have gone a long way to making me feel better about the game. What happened to Wrex and the Krogan? Will what I did with the Geth/Quarians work out?

Just ugh.

I'm really disappointed by those two aspects. However I'm tentatively okay with the endings... if the discussions that are happening on the Bioware forums HERE turn out to be true. (Spoilers, obv): Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

40. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Even with the ending, there are still some elements that really show that Bioware did go the cheap route in a lot of areas.

Tali's face reveal is nothing but a Getty Image with poorly photoshopped elements that violates the Quarian physical structure (Note the fingers).
    http://i.imgur.com/EX2fE.jpg

The significantly dumbed down quest system that doesn't tell you exactly where to go, whether or not you've finished what you set out to do, or where the next objective is. All of which was featured in both ME1 and ME2.

That day one DLC. Despite Bioware's claims that it was done by a different studio after the game was certified and finished, it's new squad mate can be unlocked WITHOUT DOWNLOADING the DLC by just modifying one line of code.
    Requiem for EA/BioWare - YouTube

Bugs that prevents players from doing Kasumi Goto's quest (BIG NONO).

A bug that prevents your ME1 face and in some cases ME2 face from being imported at all.

That stupid kid.

41. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Oh, if you're considering voice acting and you think you won't make the cut, here's a morality booster.

LINK

If you can say COMMANDER, you're more talented than she is.

42. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Let's not forget that BW promised 16 endings for the game and we ended up with the 3 that make every choice from ME1 to this game mean nothing.

43. MasterDurangus

So the game was rushed? Or just not planned well? Or both?

Maybe BW has the 16 endings planned but yet to be revealed... oh hell, I don't even know. :behave

44. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I'd say it's both plus just being really lazy. I swaer they did it to ruin the name of bioware (who owns them) because of how they're being treated. Visceral is being treated badly by EA too. If they wait any longer to release anything they won't have any customers.

45. sycor

sycor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There are 16 endings. But they are basically variations of the 3 main endings.

I haven't finished the game, but if the endings like I've read, I'm kind of looking forward to it. I've read a lot of theory about the meaning and different people's interpretations. Personally, I think it sounds interesting. People just can't see past the anger. Of course, this could change once I do finish it.

46. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I'm waiting to see how low the reviews on amazon go. We all agree that most game sites are paid by the industry for good reviews and half of them never finished the game.

47. lingarn

lingarn Well-Known Member

Thank you for reminding me. One more negative review posted.

48. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I should ask my dad if he can find out from the walmart return desk how many games they're getting back. then again you're stuck as once it is open you can only return it for another of the same game.

49. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

I finally finished the game today and got the option for the third ending, and chose what you could call ending 14. I didn't have my readiness percentage up high enough for the slightly better options.

While I can appreciate what they were trying to do, I think they missed a huge opportunity to wrap up the story. Before today, I was totally psyched to start my next playthrough. Now, I'm not so sure. I might wait till when/if the DLC comes out with better endings.

50. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Anyone read the Mass Effect comic involving Aria? The last issue ended with this.

[​IMG]

--She will return..
    TO BE CONTINUED IN MASS EFFECT 3

And the result? Aria taking refuge on the Citadel and sitting on a couch the whole time. Sure, she's obviously upset over losing Omega, but all she does is spout off empty promises that she'll "eventually" retake it. Does she eventually go back to Omega?

Well, since she's still on the Citadel when it was retaken by the Reapers, I'm guessing not. So everyone on board the station, including Aria, Conrad Verner, Kelly Chambers, the Council, Thane's son, Baily, Matriarch Aethyta, Khalisah al-Jilani, Doctor Chakwas/Dr. Chloe Michel, Aeian T'Goni, the Elcor Diplomat, the Batarian preacher, the Hanar, Dominic Osoba and many, MANY others who you helped save when Cerberus attempted to take over the station.... are dead.

Now, this will most likely lead to DLC, but one has to ask themselves. First we have a comic that ends on a cliffhanger, than we have the continuation in the game that doesn't end on anything, now there's the possibility of DLC for Aria to retake Omega. That's three separate mediums all sold separately to tell a story... THAT ISN'T ESSENTIAL TO THE MAIN PLOT!