Marvel Puts the Captain America Shield on Display at Comic-Con

Shannon510

Okay, Captain America is what I wanted to see more then anything at this years Comic-Con. This morning Marvel put the shield from the film on display at their booth and it looks amazing in person. It is machined out of a single piece of metal and just perfect.

I've been a huge Captain America fan for about 35 years. I think that is just about the coolest thing I have eever seen!

I wonder what the dimensions are.

-Mike

that is so damn epic.
cap has always been one of my top 3 characters and to see the shield brought to life in such a manor gives me goosebumps!

I kinda wish it looked like one solid real world piece , instead of the assembled look (spaces between the colors, and the lines on the back, rivets on the star), but that is just the anal retentive comic nerd in me bitching.

It looks amazing, and I cannot wait to see if someone starts a replica of this piece. The brushed metal look is pretty sweet.

Chris

Alright, somebody get Russ on this! Hell, get any machinists on this!

I like the back!

captain-america-shield-rear.jpg

Rylo,

Can't help with the dimensions other then to say they are Captain America Shield Sized. However, I took a bunch of photo's of it. If you want them PM me an email addy to shoot them to.

Shannon

Done, thanks!

Yep...I really like this piece.

Rylo,

Can't help with the dimensions other then to say they are Captain America Shield Sized. However, I took a bunch of photo's of it. If you want them PM me an email addy to shoot them to.

Shannon

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back