Marty McFly's Jeans...Let's Talk

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

67Beatle88

As as for the sizing, Guess DOES NOT size denim based on women’s charm sizes.
As far as I can tell: 4 digit style numbers were women’s and 5 digit styles were men’s when it came to Guess jeans.
These are women’s jeans. I don’t know why no one ever wants to believe this. Go look through tons of vintage shops and swap meets and literally 10s of thousands of listings online for vintage guess jeans like I have and let me know if you come to a different conclusion, but all the evidence points solely in one direction.
s-l500.jpg
Size 12 and a 5 number style code. Currently on eBay.
s-l1600.jpg
Size 10 and looks to be 5 numbers, also on eBay.
Has anyone contacted Guess to see if they know if it was a men's style? I seriously doubt Michael J. Fox would wear women's jeans.

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
View attachment 821244
Size 12 and a 5 number style code. Currently on eBay.
View attachment 821245
Size 10 and looks to be 5 numbers, also on eBay.
Has anyone contacted Guess to see if they know if it was a men's style? I seriously doubt Michael J. Fox would wear women's jeans.

Interesting. That "T" in the first style number is also throwing me. These aren't children's/Teen's jeans, are they? In the 80's a size 10 or size 12 pant would be about 27-28 inches, so it's within Guess' wheelhouse if they are adult charm sizes,.

I'd be interested to know what year those are from. Anything 80's styled and anything today that I've seen is done strictly by waist measurement. Maybe everyone at Guess got really confused in the 90s. haha

67Beatle88

TheNickFox I'll PM you the links, but one does say girls, but not the one with the T. These are definitely early '80s based on the tag style and button.

Last edited by a moderator:

McflyFox85

Thanks for helping me find the jeans Michael Fox wore in part 1. Now that that mystery is solved I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of jacket Michael J Fox wore in Teen Wolf. The jacket is all blue, looks like a mix between a members only and a baracuta. Can't seem to find one close.
MAC27_TEEN_WOLF_POST021.jpg
artworks-000430311831-pg8fqt-t500x500.jpg

67Beatle88

I want to say that's a generic Harrington jacket. I was finally able to get a pair of 1050s in a size 32. They're a bit tight still, but would be bearable to wear at a con. Fit pretty accurately length wise to me too. I have the whole outfit now except the jacket and vest. I may have to find another Shah Safari shirt as my Large is way baggy IMO. If anyone wants specific pictures or anything let me know. (Style tag, buttons, etc.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.