Mark 46 build 3D print

Thanks Jamundsen. :)

tijojo98, if you used the one in the link below and the color didn't come out right, weather could possibly have been a factor and had an effect on it (temperature, humid etc) . I had painted some of my other parts when there was just a little humidity (rained that morning) and it caused the paint job to come out foggy and had to prime and repaint again.

http://www.autozone.com/paint-and-b...-gold-metallic-perfect-match-paint/59674_0_0/

So I have definitely decided to re-do my chest. Will probably put the one I have on Ebay. Would probably make a neat bust display. Do3D is doing some major rework on it. They have added some details under the vent, water tightening some of the pieces, updating some of the lines on the chest to match the movie.

I have been following your thread man loving what you are doing! I actually just bought the DO3D files today and was told that I would get the updated files in a few hours, I also just bought the Ultimaker 2+ printer and am excited to get underway on printing this bad boy!!! Keep up the good work TKCC71!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Domonator - Sent you a PM

Thanks Mikesnead, send me a PM if you have any questions or ever need any help. That's a really nice printer you got. I'm also thinking of adding a second Robo printer to help speed things up a bit. However I am waiting for them to release the Robo R2 which will have dual nozzles and a 10"X10"x10" build platform for around $1500.

Do you get notifications of updates on the suit? I have no idea if they are still updating the MK45...

I've been working them very closely with them on suggestions based on my prints. As soon as they update them they will usually send me an email when its finished. They have been working on some major updates on this one for about 2 weeks now.

Thanks TKCC71 I will defiantly let you know if I have any questions! And ya that sounds like a good deal on the Robo R2 10x10x10 platform with dual nozzles would be nice!!! Im debating if I should start printing from the bottom up? I uploaded the faceplate last night in Cura just to see about how long it would take to print in ABS on the highest setting...Whoa couple days lol but I think for the chest up I'm going to print everything in the highest setting for the detail to save on prep time and to keep the lines as crips as possible, I'm in no rush so I can let it just run and make a few time-laps videos. What are your thoughts on that?

Not to sure about ABS as I've been printing with PLA. I started printing with ABS but had lots of problems with warping etc...during my print. If I could do it in ABS I would, but your printer might handle it better than mine. I have been going with the medium settings and not loosing to much detail. Regardless, you will have to do some prep time in the end using high or medium.

I would definitely would start from the bottom up and making sure you scaling the suit all together first. That was my first lesson learned.

Ive been printing in ABS on a Da Vinci Pro. Ive had pretty good success, no warping. I dont have even that high of settings, I just rub my elbows in and get it sanded down.

Some people have asked about paint scratches etc on the costume. Here's the stuff I am planning to use to protect it.

54d30ecf2ec84c74d4331d5661e0a385.jpg
186c97530417b4b12d35fb43a49e72da.jpg
this is the clear coat i use for my duplicolor paint its really great its is made by rustoleum

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

I've been working them very closely with them on suggestions based on my prints. As soon as they update them they will usually send me an email when its finished. They have been working on some major updates on this one for about 2 weeks now.

I wonder if they will send me the updates since i bought the same files..

Any of you 3D print guys try 1080 3M car wrap yet? I am curious as to how it will pan out with your builds ( I don't have a 3D printer so I have never tried) I have been playing with it on my heartbreaker/tank hybrid I am making with petty go results ( can flex.. Ect no cracking and is hard to scratch)

6194c6ee533d9711c6cdc5e9ee5a27f8.jpg

fc295e0e3c0ae9ad463d5cf6f2ec1966.jpg

That's awesome! I was thinking about the idea a few weeks ago, glad to see someone give it a shot! I might do that around the upper biceps and upper chest.

Thought I would share the latest update, finally got some red on the cod lower back and abs. Still need to add some gold and silver on there.

Maybe I said this before, but man I hope mine will turn out as smooth as yours.

Great job.

Thanks Leylander.

Does anyone have a good 3D file they could share that has been created for a helmet hinge set up that would work for the Mark 45,46? Would like to print it if possible? I was thinking a small box that would sit in the middle with two arms and a rod that would go through it.

Man I had one of these. I would be done with this project in about 1 week. Unfortunately its $120,000 minimum. ($40K a year subscription) and around $90-$300 per resin cartridge

<

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back