Done / Completed Mando Beskar Ingot in METAL - TWO RESERVES LEFT

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all.

Who wants a Beskar brick in METAL with details taken directly from the screen prop?

Background:
Using a special method that I came up with for my GotG Drax and Gamora knives projects, I transferred the Imperial stamp directly to my 3d model from the screen prop, as it looks in the show. These are hand-cast aluminum with an uneven (billowing) surface (so it reflects light like the screen prop) with the embedded Imperial stamp and slightly soft edges and surface pitting (a tell-tale sign of sand casting), to make it as accurate as possible. The wavy pattern (also transferred from the screen prop) was added to the ingot after casting. Since these are hand-cast, polished and finished, each one is unique (even if they have the same base wavy pattern).

Here are some photos of the first two metal copies.
1575209798828.png

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

NOTE: I currently have a couple RESERVE COPIES I can let go. I am not planning on making more. These last two are $225 SHIPPED WORLDWIDE. Send me a PM if want absolutely one and I'll give you payment details.

Confirmed signups:

Sni9er (SHIPPED)
The Game Guru (SHIPPED)
enterprise0216 (SHIPPED)
BigBoss (SHIPPED)
Padawan311 (SHIPPED)
JoeG (SHIPPED)
B-Movie Zombie (SHIPPED)
Gen0 (SHIPPED)
JediJohn182 (SHIPPED)
HIWATT (SHIPPED)
ProfKSergeev (SHIPPED)
enaswede (SHIPPED)
xwingercrash (SHIPPED)
sideous (SHIPPED)
Maybewade (SHIPPED)
Brodie53 (SHIPPED)
jhowe1997 (SHIPPED)
Mpops89 (SHIPPED)
LTsmash1200 (SHIPPED)
pepperbone (SHIPPED, SHIPPED)
saranac (SHIPPED)
Howmuch (SHIPPED)
TheKorr (SHIPPED)
FakeBritishAccent (SHIPPED)
ChissGoddess (SHIPPED)
Darkchylde80 (Shipping with Blaster)
cytochrome (SHIPPED)
GhostofThrawn (SHIPPED)
phantompickle (SHIPPED)
beefmalone (SHIPPED)
FuzzyWampa (SHIPPED)
ventuoguy (SHIPPED)
jazar (SHIPPED)
warpcell (SHIPPED)
Coldvizjerei (SHIPPED)
Johnnyboy94 (SHIPPED)
Ghstop6 (SHIPPED)
goldcylon (SHIPPED)
smugglr (SHIPPED)
symmetric (SHIPPED)
Ghstop6 (SHIPPED)
fekali (SHIPPED)
Cmarlow (SHIPPED)
ConFu (SHIPPED)
ThePawn(SHIPPED)

Cheers everyone and thanks for the support of my little projects! : )

Attachments

• 1574373744085.png
    1574373744085.png
    591 KB · Views: 2,828
Last edited:
I just heard back from the foundry after an initial check. I still have some wheelin'n'dealin' to do with them, but it's looking good to do metals casts at the lower end of my guesstimate, provided we get a few onboard!!! (I told the foundry to expect 5-20 copies.)

With that in mind, I removed the "resin print" option, since it isn't viable any longer.

I AM also in discussions with another RPFer about doing resin cast versions for those on a budget... more on that as soon as I know (and it would not be me handling that list.) MORE SOON!

I'm already committed to a couple of other projects right now so I couldn't afford the aluminum, but I would probably be interested in a resin one down the line at some point.

The original could have just been pattern welded. Even if they didn't have anyone to forge the material for them you can buy pattern welded steel pretty easily.

Short on time so I'll update the list later, but here's a quick update. I did some experimenting yesterday... and to my surprise, I managed to come up with this VERY sloppy test:
Keep in mind this was a very hastily done test and I'm still tinkering with the methods AND pattern.

(*deleted the rest of this update so as not to confuse everyone, because it became irrelevant very quickly* See the update in post #17 instead!)

(A resin option IS still in the works too, partnered up with another RPFer, but nothing definite yet.)

Last edited:
OK, everyone... here's the latest test. I'm very happy with this one and it's still being tweaked. I had kinda given up on copying the screen pattern closely, but had another one of those "screw it, lemme try something..." moments.

1574373899193.png

As noted, I'm till tweaking this, but I hope everyone will agree that this is the best, and only way to go?

Put me on the list please. What about the other side with the two grooves on it?
I didn't figure they were worth showing of, since they're such a simple detail. They are just two horizontal bars with rounded ends (like the lights in Imperial buildings), a couple mm deep. But of course they're on there!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back