Mandalorian Season 3

One of the biggest fails in Clone Wars for me was what they did with Mandalore
I appreciate that George -- almost certainly inadvertently -- left us a "certain point of view" out with Concordia. That the show called it a moon is erroneous. It may be smaller but it masses pretty much the same (probably denser due to the beskar deposits). It has the same gravity and atmospheric density. They're co-orbiting trojan planets. And Concordia sure looks and feels a lot like the EU Mandalore -- plus that being where all those who wouldn't sign on with the New Mandalorian pacifist worldview were exiled. It would not surprise me in the least if -- since both are planets and both occupy the same orbital position in the system -- the "True Mandalorians" on Concordia consider that world the real Mandalore.

We know nothing about the settlements on that world, but unless and until something disproves it, I maintain the capitol city was Kedalbe/Keldabe (the spelling changed over the years in the EU) and somewhere off to the North, up in the mountains, past an outpost town called Kirimorut, there is an enclave of hardliners even other Mandalorians think are a bit extreme -- family name of Skirata. They're in a Shroedingerian state of quasi-existence, and I choose to believe until I am forced to stop.

I think Karen Traviss could have retconned some of that, but she sticks to her having a scheduling conflict that wouldn't let her do the next book. I don't know if that's to save face or true. They could have said that the True Mandalorians moved to another planet and renamed it Mandalore.

I wish they would add in some of the Mando language into the Mandalorian as well. They had Sabine in Rebels speak Mando over the ship radio when she first went back to Mandalore, but that was the last time it was used, that I know of. My nephew even used to have a Clone Wars game (forgot the name) where one of the Clonetroopers yells "Oya!!!" "Let's hunt!" I would use it sparingly, but it would be cool.

SDCC is this week, then D23 in September, so I'm sure we're going to be getting some official trailers/teasers soon.

I wonder if Pedro being in HBO's "The Last of Us" is going have any complications with the Mandalorian going forward.

I don't think so. He's only (mostly) performing the voice anyway at this point. There are 2 (?3) stunt actors who wear the costume the majority of the time.

a597e-16446508681802-1920.jpg

The-Mandalorian-Brendan-Wayne-and-Lateef-Crowder.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back