Mandalorian Reference Thread

Hypothetically speaking... If I were to cut the barrel and add add a 12 inch extensions to the top and bottom rods, it would be pretty close to the correct length... I really could care less if it actually fires anything... but adding that extension seems like it would be a pretty simple matter. 2 careful cuts, 2 lengths of pipe or rod the correct length, some epoxy, and some putty to smooth things out as needed and a good paintjob... Seems totally doable to me...

Thoughts?

Jedi Dade

Yeah, but if you compare a picture of the Nerf rifle next to a picture of the Amban, you're going to see many things that don't match other than just the length. The stock has a different shape for one.

I guess I'm going to need to do a bit of research and see how far off it really is. If the entire thing is squashed by 20% it might not be worth it - but if its primarily the length is 20% off and the rest is only off by 5% I think I can live with it by adding a barrel extension to be "close enough". I mean as a nerf gun its NOT going to be a prop replica - its going to be a cool toy, and good enough for a halloween costume, or going to a Con... 501st maybe not... but likely good enough for me. gotta go do the math :)

Does anyone have some good profile shots they don't mind sharing?

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

This was posted back in December 2020...

NERF vs REAL:

1642698948359.png

Mr.Moldmaker has a good eye...the complete shape is wrong.Painted ok for a Cosplay I would say...but as a replica..no.

I don't usually say this when it comes to the Black Series helmets, but this is quite literally just a toy. Of course they have to make a ton of changes to make it a functioning nerf gun.
Yeah, I honestly think it's a bit odd that people are so bothered by it. It's a toy. I bought one and I love it. Chased my nephews around with it and had a blast.

Criticizing a nerf gun as if it were a $1000 replica is kind of like judging McDonalds as if it were Michelin Star cuisine.

Criticizing a nerf gun as if it were a $1000 replica is kind of like judging McDonalds as if it were Michelin Star cuisine.
I expect McDonald's to be McDonald's. That's why I'm going there in a minute, rather than getting takeout from Sogno di Vino. I pre-ordered the Amban after seeing the comparisons. I knew what I was getting. I have the files to 3D print an accurate one. I'm covered both ways. :)

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy). She was personally sued by MacDonald's for this ad. They not only sued Burger King but Sarah herself. The little girl. Something about it being the first time one company mentioned the other by name.

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy). She was personally sued by MacDonald's for this ad. They not only sued Burger King but Sarah herself. The little girl. Something about it being the first time one company mentioned the other by name.

I don't know that she was sued. She was named in the lawsuit and had to testify and then banned from McDonald's. Probably why she still looks good and is still petite... No super-sizing.

I expect McDonald's to be McDonald's. That's why I'm going there in a minute, rather than getting takeout from Sogno di Vino. I pre-ordered the Amban after seeing the comparisons. I knew what I was getting. I have the files to 3D print an accurate one. I'm covered both ways. :)
It seems like the major grief is the butt of the rifle. I wonder if it’s possible to 3D print the butt to fit the nerf gun

terrible

So I came across this today - and immediately thought of you guys...

Its not perfect - but is pretty cool.

Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade
Thanks for sharing

Alright folks, looking for some help to identify the white case used in TBOBF Ch. 5 aka Mando s3 ep1

Heard some people say it's a Pelican case, but I've looked through all of their products and none of them are a close match. The form factors are closer to the style of some camera cases I've seen before. Does anyone recognize this?

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.59.08 PM.png

Jedi Dade

It's more accurate in scale than the Nerf version, but the parts are just 3D printed and not very well. You can see definite print lines. Also, in the video he admits that if the prongs are bumped into something with enough force they'll break and he shows it getting bumped into a door that wasn't all that hard and they did break. The prongs look way too big to me, but I haven't actually compared it to any screenshots.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back