Making foam look like porcelain?

Chris Moliere

I plan on building a Funtime Freddy replica, using 3d models from the game. The outer shell has a plasticy, almost ceramic quality that I want to replicate; however, I also want to build it out of foam, so that the shell is thick and flexible, while also simulating the texture on the outside. I'm assuming that plastic-coating is the best way to go about it; however, I feel that this can be done more easily through some other means. However, I'm drawing a blank on what ways this can be achieved. Any ideas?
1599269677329.png

I once learned of an environment-friendly and easy way to plastic-coat, which is with Acrylic Gel such as Impasto Gel-1 by Lascaux.Used in its undiluted form it will turn hard as plastic.Then paint with acrylic paint (gloss).

I plan on building a Funtime Freddy replica, using 3d models from the game. The outer shell has a plasticy, almost ceramic quality that I want to replicate; however, I also want to build it out of foam, so that the shell is thick and flexible, while also simulating the texture on the outside. I'm assuming that plastic-coating is the best way to go about it; however, I feel that this can be done more easily through some other means. However, I'm drawing a blank on what ways this can be achieved. Any ideas? View attachment 1344996

Vinyl covers? Something like what punt14sep uses here:

if you are making a 3d print, coat it in resin with pigment. like XTC and so strong pigment.

or

I made some Ghost in the Shell geisha mask with smooth cast 325 and white, So Strong pigment, people thought they were porcelain until they held them.

or

vacu-form. That's a lot of vacu-forming. PetG for springy outer shell.

or

Plasti-dip, but you may have trouble finding those colors

or

if you really want the outer shell to be springy, coat with Urecoat

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back