Making a bodysuit with non-stretchy material? (Marvel's Daredevil)

Immortal Goat

I need to make a bodysuit, but I'm not going the spandex/skin-tight rout. I'm working on putting together a Daredevil from the Netflix series, but every pattern I come across for a bodysuit is for 4-way stretch fabric, and his suit is anything but. Any patterns/tips/tricks from more experienced costumers would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

I think the thing to consider is that this is not going to be a one piece bodysuit, but several pieces that all match up. Not unlike Moto armor that all goes together to form a head to toe suit. Also, there are going to be elements of stretch that will need to be incorporated into the pieces. The place to begin is with the layout of the overall costume. Examine that and decide where the different pieces are, how they line up and where you can build in the stretch components for movement.

I had not, Hazmat, thank you very much :)

I was mostly looking for tips on making a body suit on general, not necessarily Daredevil exclusively (though that will be the first project with it), so the Daredevil specific threads weren't really turning up much in the way of what I needed. Again, big thank you for posting that thread, Hazmat, and a preemptive thank you to SMP Designs for the help your other thread will provide, lol.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back