Magneto and Mystique: First time post

That Mystique is FANTASTIC! Great work! I've wanted to try doing a Mystique in prosthetics like this for awhile now. You've really pulled it off! May I ask how much of the AA makeup you went through for this coloring?

And I love that you set up one of Dexter's kill rooms to paint in!

I just have to say that Mystique is absolutely stunning. I've seen some stellar things done here on the RPF, but I think this tops them all in its uniqueness.

The only costuming techniques I know are sewing, and I find it rather easy since I've been sewing since kindergarten. And I've seen a lot of builds go on here with the foam and pep and the armor and helmets that all looks monstrously difficult to me.

But THIS!! Gee, I know it's called 'a costume', but it is sooooo much more!!! Truly in a unique class all by itself!!!

I would add that she was a brave lady to do this, but hell, with a body like who needs bravery??---just FLAUNT IT, sister!!!!

Oh, and Magneto looks great too :)

Shylaah

That Mystique is FANTASTIC! Great work! I've wanted to try doing a Mystique in prosthetics like this for awhile now. You've really pulled it off! May I ask how much of the AA makeup you went through for this coloring?

And I love that you set up one of Dexter's kill rooms to paint in!

haha thanks buddy, sure, I'd be glad to let you know what we used. first off I bought, 8 oz blue, 4oz blue-purple, 4oz blue sheen, 4oz electric blue, 8 oz white, and 4 oz black. I used about 3 oz blue and 1 oz blue-purple on the base coat. The purple was laid down to off shoot the yellow in the skin tone, otherwise the base coat would of been more green, after the base I mixed roughly 1 oz blue, 1 oz white, and 2 oz blue sheen for the final layer, I then proceeded to take a spray bottle of black and white and mist the colors on to create a marbalized effect.
Keep in mind that only alcohol based paint will work on silicone prosthetics, but you might wanna get some water based paint to get around the eyes, but alcohol based is a ***** to get off. We had to use denatured alcohol to get the majority of it off. The paint we used was temptu-pro
Good luck and let me know if you need anymore help.

HAHA thanks Shylaah!! the magneto costume was just an entree to the main course!! our next costumes might require some sewing, you will have to give me some pointers. :thumbsup

I just have to say that Mystique is absolutely stunning. I've seen some stellar things done here on the RPF, but I think this tops them all in its uniqueness.

The only costuming techniques I know are sewing, and I find it rather easy since I've been sewing since kindergarten. And I've seen a lot of builds go on here with the foam and pep and the armor and helmets that all looks monstrously difficult to me.

But THIS!! Gee, I know it's called 'a costume', but it is sooooo much more!!! Truly in a unique class all by itself!!!

I would add that she was a brave lady to do this, but hell, with a body like who needs bravery??---just FLAUNT IT, sister!!!!

Oh, and Magneto looks great too :)

Shylaah

Very impressive, your gf would have been pretty brave and cold to go out in public has she did.

Nice work on the helmet as well.

I am not sorry to say that I personally find your costume here not funny not cool not clever and more than HIGHLY OFFENSIVE. As the father to my 5 year old mixed race son. I feel the need and I want to say that racism of any kind is not appropriate, not welcomed (by me) and not necessary. Between this and your tactics that you pulled in the Costume thread. I have to say as far as I am concerned you no longer exist on this site. You have now been added to my ignore user list. I really find it a shame that ignoring your posts from now to whenever you end up getting yourself banned is the only avenue of action that I have.

Steven "Captain America" Rogers.

Thanks fellas! I appreciate the compliments.
We've pretty much decided her costume for this coming year, Were gonna get started on it soon, cuz its gonna take a ****load of time. Believe me though, its gonna be sick! Im super cited for it. :thumbsup

In the mean time enjoy my last year's halloween costume. It's one of my personal favorites.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

anyway this is one of the most popular costuems of 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UtPzh_4lmA

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back