Mad Max: Fury Road

This just doesn't even feel like the same universe, really, at least from the look of things.

It's reminiscent of the old Road Warrior film, but otherwise, it seems to me it might as well be an alternate universe video game.

I agree with that assessment.

But I also don't think Miller & company are implying anything otherwise.
This movie started development as a sequel, but the end result seems to have landed squarely in the realm of "inspired by".

It looks like a big budget, CGI remake of Road Warrior in a vain attempt to make an epic summer popcorn blockbuster for a new generation (see Robocop 2014 and Red Dawn 2012)... Sigh

Everything looks SO over-designed to me. Loved the first MM because it was a low-budget movie that kept everything grounded. The second and third...not so much. But, I'm sure the kids'll love it! :lol

Everything looks SO over-designed to me. Loved the first MM because it was a low-budget movie that kept everything grounded. The second and third...not so much. But, I'm sure the kids'll love it! :lol

Honestly...I wouldn't be so sure of that. I think a teens now are bombarded by films like this, and it's difficult for any of them to register. My guess is that this one doesn't end up going anywhere. Old fans will be put off by it (or at least, many of them will), and it won't really generate new fans because, to them, it's just another action movie. Tonally and visually, it won't build fans of the old franchise, either, because it's not like any kid is going to watch some old film from 30+ years ago. They're busy watching the next big thing, and the next big thing after that, and the next big thing after THAT.

I agree, I really don't see a big success here. The MM franchise will not sell tickets on its name. The movie will look like a million other movies/TV/scenes/games that were influenced by MM in the first place. This movie would really need to be a strong piece of work to make much of a dent on the 14yo audience. And even if it is, it's probably only strong in the uncompromising sense, not in the money-making sense. At best I think it might be a movie that doesn't sell very well in theaters but earns some respect over time.

i think the film will be a big hit.it already has the pop culture interest and cult following from the the first 3 films that has not waned over the years.it's got that mad max look to it although bigger and flashier due to a larger budget.
there is no other movie like it coming out this year.a great cast,great director and a straight forward plot with hopefully some clever george miller twists.
the film looks brutal and unrelenting,this should knock the popcorn eating disposable cinema audience out of there comfort zone,hopefully they want see it coming so it will leave a bigger impact and last more than 24hrs in the next big thing mentality.
i showed the trailer and 3 other major 2015 releases to my 20 year son and his 15 year old step brother and friend and they all got it and can't wait to see it on the big screen.
the other 3 trailers got mild interest.
really hope the film does well:popcorn

Honestly what the **** is it with all the assumptions? The trailer looked fantastic, and the movie isn't even out yet. When it comes out buy a ticket, go see it, and then bitch about it if it's bad. If it's good which it probably will be then great! You'll have nothing to bitch about. Until then keep you're bull**** to yourselves.

Rotten Tomatoes ratings/reviews carries a lot of weight with me these days if I am thinking about going to see something.
Early word helps temper my expectations to not get too geeked up and take a hard crash.

I'm looking forward to seeing this,except for the pointless destruction of the pursuit special......why..WHY? I will take it as a alternate Max or just a stand alone film,but then again i can't wait for Terminator,and i love some real crap films too

I agree it sounds good. But I'm pretty jaded on those kinds of comments.

21st-century movie directors always make a bunch of comments like "we didn't wanna use a lot of CGI" and "CGI is nothing without a good story." Half the time they still proceed to release an idiotic no-plot CGI-fest.

Last edited:
This won't necessarily be a CGI fest, but plot wise this movie indeed won't have much of it. It has been reported early on that this movie is pretty much one long chase sequence. It's very unconventional but I am on-board with it and looking forward to see how well it plays out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back