Mad Max: Fury Road Costume Thread

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road Costumes Thread

They are close but not the same pouches. Note the relative position of the elastic strap is different.

I think it´s a 5.11 tactical single mag pouch. May be black.
511-58711.jpg58711_019_magazine_600.jpg511-58711g.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks MFP rookie for the picture i am making the corset thing mask out of metal.

Looks great, Deaths Head! I love the tactical look the battle jacket adds to the leathers. Hopefully more info comes to light in the coming months so we can all start modding and adding details to these accurately.

It's a condor in Black, with a ton of scenic work done to it. Took me about 6 hours a holster to finish.

It's a condor in Black, with a ton of scenic work done to it. Took me about 6 hours a holster to finish.

Thanks for the info Arlo and thanks for coming back to post! Augofett, you called it on the gun holster too, good work.

Great to know that is a black Condor indeed. Thank you Arlo, and thank you CG!
I wonder if it´s a Glock, Bertta or 1911 holster (seems to be a slight difference in proportions of the holster). Since he uses a Glock, it would be logical it´s a Glock
I bet the leg panel is a black Condor too.

The clear shoulder tubing, based on the visible end, looks like the tubing on a nebulizer or oxygen mask.

It is a great trailer. Still no great pics of Max's costume and the ever elusive lower right side of his battle jacket though. :(

Not too clear but gives you an idea of the right side. At least we know without a doubt the large bottom pouch on the battle jacket/vest is removed. You can also see another brown/ tan pouch on the leg gun holster.

MMFRT_zps856c4115.jpg~original

So I managed a 3rd screening of MMFR this past Monday (YES, people hate me; NO, I've no idea why I keep getting the invite)
The one costume thing I noticed is that Max's brace is different from previous films.

-Not all flat metal pieces; towards bottom, on outside of leg, is a piece that's connects to the flat piece, resembling an upside-down tuning fork. (no idea what kind of piece it really is)
-The flat metal pieces of the brace have remnants of blue paint (NOT blued metal), fairly dark blue, a navy blue, perhaps.

For anyone working on a FR Max costume, I found an outlet which has several genuine SADF M83 assault vests for sale at a very reasonable price - in the all important NUTRIA color.

They are going for only about $77 and are original. Company is Vintage Operator Enterprises and they are based in FL.

http://www.vintageoperatorgear.webstoreplace.com/item/-south-african-pattern-83-battle-jacket/121504896003/

I am picking up one myself (maybe even two at this price...) I have a feeling one may need to be cannibalized for parts. And if not, it will also make a great disaster grab and go or piece of field gear..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back