Limited Run Macrobinoculars belt clips in stainless steel

Here’s a few shots of my Hero and Stunt Macros, for size comparison of the belt clips. I don’t know how terribly accurate they are, I’m pretty sure I just eyeballed them, but the clip on the Stunt is right at 4.5”.
thank you Dann for chiming in on that :) it seems that the short clip I'm offering will be a good candidate for the stunt macros then :)

I would like two short clips and one long one if possible?
sure Dan!
I just think I under-estimated the proportion of long clips compared to short clips and i'll probably need to do more long clip after I put the first batch for sale. We'll see :)
just a reminder for everyone that if you intend to use electronics or something that you want to place inside the Eumig, you'll not be able to open it if you use the long clip, that's why the short clip is there :)
cheers

Hey Guys,

almost there with the belt clips!
I received the laser cut stainless steel today :) I had them cut with the short and long clips attached together with small tabs as it was the same price as ordering one un-attached clip :)
I started cutting them appart and will fold them as soon as possible :)
I'll need to redo the holes as well as I drew 3.3mm and got 3mm, so the rivets are not fiting, anyways, no big deal!

so, this is the "bad" side showing here, so far, I think I'll keep the protective sheet on the other side and you guys can remove it and degrease the thing just before painting it, it will stay protected that way :)

IMG_20220713_164906.jpg

IMG_20220713_170513.jpg

hello guys,
some more news about the belt clips :)

so, it turns out bending 1mm thick stainless steel is not so fun! but I managed :)
I wasted a few short clips though because I realized a bit late that there is a small part on the eumig body that gets in the way if the first fold is a bit too long. I'll correct that for the next 12 clips!

in the meantime, here is what the clips look like with their protective film and after it is removed. feel free to tell me what you think :)
as you can see, the surface finish is completely different on the protected side :)
IMG_20220714_193127.jpg

IMG_20220714_193135.jpg

IMG_20220714_193158.jpg

IMG_20220714_193226.jpg

I hope you like it :)
this is obviously still handmade so it's far from machine made clips, but then again, the originals were far less perfect I guess!

Hey guys,

not too bad for something bent by hand! :):):)
IMG_20220715_112752.jpg

alright, and here is the final short version with a flat base as short as possible to fit between the hinges and the opening button on the hood:
IMG_20220715_172539.jpg

IMG_20220715_172551.jpg

this is the best I could do, I hope it will be posible for anyone that wants to open the hood to do so, it's definitely pretty hard to do shorter than that.

I am currently preparing the photos and listings o my website and will be releasing the clips + the new batch of focusing knobs ina round an hour from now :)

oh, and final price for the clips is 29€, well in the low range of the price I announced, I hope this is good for everyone :)
cheers

Hey guys,
alright, the clips are in stock as well as the new batch of focusing knobs (25 without screws). It is now possible to get clips, focusing knobs and triangles at the same time finally!

I have separated the clips in two listings, short and long.

On top of that, the short listing has a drop down menu, "normal short" or "stunt". the Stunts are just 3 short clips that I did first and the flat spot at the base is 2mm longer, preventing them from working on the Eumig hood. They are the ones visible in yesterday's photos. those will not work on a Hero version with a Eumig camera. they will be perfectly fine on a Stunt set of macros though. if you want to built a stunt version, please consider those so I don't loose my work on those :)

photo of a long clip for attention :)
DSC_0984.JPG

don't hesitate if you have any question :)
and I hope you'll like the clips! the stainless is really nice and they are strong :)
cheers

Last edited:
I have Hero Macs but I ordered a short clip as I did not want the clip to extend so far as the long one did.

I will not be mounting it in the door but on the body of the Eumig like the above picture.

This is what I ordered:

Short Macrobinoculars belt clip - Variation: Short

Is it correct for the Hero version?

Okay looked again. I think I got the right thing. Just Short.

Options are:

Long.

Short.

Stunt.

Honestly your last post here confused me, but then on your website it made more sense. Remember I am slow, like a sloth.

o_O :love:

Okay looked again. I think I got the right thing. Just Short.

Options are:

Long.

Short.

Stunt.

Honestly your last post here confused me, but then on your website it made more sense. Remember I am slow, like a sloth.

o_O :love:
sorry for the confusion, that damn button in the middle of the emig door was a lot of trouble!

in your case, if you want to attach it to the back in the "screen-accurate way", either stunt or normal short are fine actually :)
cheers

I have edited my confusing explanation about the stunts in the previous message, i'll go take a photo of the 3 clips next to each other for more clarity right now :)

alright, here are the 3 clips, sorry I should have done that right away, this was the best explanation!
IMG_20220715_210143.jpg

as you can see, the short and stunt are the same length, the first bend on the short just starts before to make sure to go over the opening button on the Eumig hood.
I hope this clears everything!
sorry again

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back