Luke's X-Wing

Has anyone tackled this scale before...? I'm curious to see what proportional differences exist, and um, who has the room to display one.... Thanks for posting these up...

Other than some cosmetic differences, fuselage length etc..., the CC X-Wing is the same overall dimensions as the Red 3 in the pics above.

My Finished CCX
http://www.blockheadpictures.com/CCX-WingFinished.html

Originally posted by Clerval@Mar 19 2006, 04:38 PM
Has anyone tackled this scale before...? I'm curious to see what proportional differences exist, and um, who has the room to display one.... Thanks for posting these up...
[snapback]1209037[/snapback]​

I think this the really big one ....4ft if my memory serves..it was at the Boston Museam of Science..quite large...would look nice by my desk. :)

Originally posted by Less than Super Ostrich@Mar 20 2006, 10:21 AM
Did I miss something in Chicago? Or was this from the exhibit back in the earlier half of this decade?
[snapback]1209432[/snapback]​

This was from some years ago...due to various events in my life the Zip I put all the pics on disappeared. I found it shoved into a box of old bills and papers.

Originally posted by Lord Abaddon+Mar 20 2006, 03:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lord Abaddon @ Mar 20 2006, 03:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Less than Super Ostrich
@Mar 20 2006, 10:21 AM
Did I miss something in Chicago? Or was this from the exhibit back in the earlier half of this decade?
[snapback]1209432[/snapback]​

This was from some years ago...due to various events in my life the Zip I put all the pics on disappeared. I found it shoved into a box of old bills and papers.
[snapback]1209435[/snapback]​
[/b]

What's with the markings? Luke was Red 5...

It's not Luke's X-Wing. But some details are alike. It is the large "more-than-3-feet" model from ESB or ROTJ ? Don't know exactly. But it is definatly Red 3 and not Red 5 (which Luke still uses in ROTJ).
But it's size is the reason why it is so super-detailed.
The 1:24 X-Wings from ANH have less detail and the weathering is not so spot on like on this model, especially Luke's Red5 which is kind of cheapo airbushed (Many heavy black spots done by wild airbrushing).

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back