Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Hey FarStarbuck ! No, not really. Though they share similar shapes, the REAL PARTS Obi-Wan Lightsaber is made from Inconel, Brass, Steel, Chromed Brass, Steel, and Chromed Plastic and Stainless Steel, whereas the bulk of the V2 is made from Aluminum. Sure, the thickness of all the different parts of both lightsabers might end up bringing their weights close to one another, but I would think that it would be an awfully unlikely coincidence if they were the same weight.

Hey Halliwax ! Did you ever purchase a Solo's Hold V2? Chalk one up in the weight lineup if you can, I'd love to see how they all compare!

Ahhh okay.
Well I’m sure it might in that ball park?
Who knows as they say but I take your point that given the materials it would be heavier the Obi Wan.

I can tell you the solo's hold is LIGHTER than the real one... but it's also hollowed out more for electronics

Thanks for adding your perspective Scottjua!

You remember those Math questions at school?
So Scott has a Bag of Sugar, a Pineapple and a Luke Skywalker V2 lightsaber.

Which one is heavier?

hahahha.

But seriously thank you for coming into this

Hey FarStarbuck ! For reference, my Roman's MK1-FX weighs in at 28.275 oz. / 1 pound 12.275 ounces. / 1.7672 pounds.

I'm thinking the Obi-Wan would be heavier than the V2, especially when you factor in some sort of steel rod and nuts holding the Obi-Wan together and a real booster (which wouldn't be hollowed out for electronics like the one on my MK1-FX).

Oooh, neat new forum feature - click to view posts that have been added while you were typing so slowly! Must be time for my dinner.

Hey The 48th Ronin ! That settles it, Obi-Wan is short for Ole Beefy One! ;) That lightsaber is a monster!

I forget, was Anakin Starkiller 's first V2 run static or FX?

Oh! And yes thank you scottjua for your hefting hand!

O.K. Off to the kitchen! Hmmm, Gorton's Beer Battered Fillets or Spaghetti and Meatballs with Prego White Sauce?

Yes, BOTH, IS the correct answer! But I've gotta lose a little weight, so... why am I typing this??? Talkatcha Later Gang!

Ok the weights are in!!

V2 Official Weigh In

weigh in copy.jpg

First up, The Anakin Starkiller gen1 V2.

AS g1 copy.jpg

1lb 6.5 ounces

Next up, The Anakin Starkiller FX edition
AS FX copy.jpg

12.4 ounces

Up next, The Anakin Starkiller Builders kit
AS BK copy.jpg

12.2 ounces

Up next, The SolosHold gen2
SH 2 copy.jpg

14.0 ounces

Up next, The KR sabers V2 (NOT ECO VERSION)
KR copy.jpg

14.7 ounces

Up next, Roman Props "Steel is Real" V2
(empty with out Rubys crystal chamber)
RM v2 copy.jpg

2lbs 1.9 ounces!! :eek:

and just for fun, Roman Props MK1 with rudys Crystal chamber, and 3d printed upgrade parts from shapeways
MK1 copy.jpg

2lbs 5.9 ounces!!!

Up next, PoopaPapaPalps Foundry Cast project
View attachment 1304228 View attachment 1304229

View attachment 1304230 View attachment 1304231

(quote from PoopaPapaPalps) I had to remeasure my raw cast as I forgot to reset it back to zero after weighing the stunt (like an idiot). So, measuring my latest raw cast, it weighed in at 1 lb. 7.95 oz, or roughly 679 grams.

View attachment 1304232 View attachment 1304233

Heaviest to lightest
p1dgeb1a761tdnqamee51gcuoos8.jpg

Roman Props Steel is Real V2 ------------ 2lbs 1.9oz
PoopaPapaPalps Motorized Stunt----------1lb 12.16oz
Halliwax "Legend Edition" ------------------1lb 11.1oz
PoopaPapaPalps Aluminum cast blank---1lb 7.95oz
Anakin Starkiller gen1 V2------------------1lb 6.5oz
KR Sabers Gen1 V2---------------------14.7oz
Solohold gen2 V2------------------------14.0oz
Anakin Starkiller FX V2-------------------12.4oz
Anakin Starkiller Builders kit-------------12.2oz

Thats it folks! Halliwax is hitting the hay, good night! :whistle:

Attachments

• AS g1.jpg
    AS g1.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hey FarStarbuck ! For reference, my Roman's MK1-FX weighs in at 28.275 oz. / 1 pound 12.275 ounces. / 1.7672 pounds.

I'm thinking the Obi-Wan would be heavier than the V2, especially when you factor in some sort of steel rod and nuts holding the Obi-Wan together and a real booster (which wouldn't be hollowed out for electronics like the one on my MK1-FX).

Oooh, neat new forum feature - click to view posts that have been added while you were typing so slowly! Must be time for my dinner.

Hey The 48th Ronin ! That settles it, Obi-Wan is short for Ole Beefy One! ;) That lightsaber is a monster!

I forget, was Anakin Starkiller 's first V2 run static or FX?

Oh! And yes thank you scottjua for your hefting hand!

O.K. Off to the kitchen! Hmmm, Gorton's Beer Battered Fillets or Spaghetti and Meatballs with Prego White Sauce?

Yes, BOTH, IS the correct answer! But I've gotta lose a little weight, so... why am I typing this??? Talkatcha Later Gang!
Thanks buddy!

Enjoy your chow!
Yeah I’m realising that it probs won’t be the same. But a little heavier wouldn’t hurt right for a V2? Bit of heft!

Ok the weights are in!!

V2 Official Weigh In

View attachment 1303840

First up, The Anakin Starkiller gen1 V2.

View attachment 1303842
1lb 6.5 ounces

Next up, The Anakin Starkiller FX edition
View attachment 1303843
12.4 ounces

Up next, The Anakin Starkiller Builders kit
View attachment 1303844
12.2 ounces

Up next, The SolosHold gen2
View attachment 1303845
14.0 ounces

Up next, The KR sabers V2 (NOT ECO VERSION)
View attachment 1303846
14.7 ounces

Up next, Roman Props "Steel is Real" V2
(empty with out Rubys crystal chamber)
View attachment 1303848
2lbs 1.9 ounces!! :eek:

and just for fun, Roman Props MK1 with rudys Crystal chamber, and 3d printed upgrade parts from shapeways
View attachment 1303853
2lbs 5.9 ounces!!!

Heaviest to lightest
View attachment 1303863

Roman Props Steel is Real V2 ------------ 2lbs 1.9oz
Anakin Starkiller gen1 V2------------------1lb 6.5oz
KR Sabers Gen1 V2---------------------14.7oz
Solohold gen2 V2------------------------14.0oz
Anakin Starkiller FX V2-------------------12.4oz
Anakin Starkiller Builders kit-------------12.2oz

Thats it folks! Halliwax is hitting the hay, good night! :whistle:
Thank you so much Halliwax this is great information for reference. Delivered with all the good humour I’ve come to expect from you.

So the Sumo is the Steel huh? nice.
I think you’re probably right about the original Anakin run being closest to the real deal. 1.6lbs sounds about right as I agree it wouldn’t be as heavy as the Obi prop.

Goodnight and thank you for all your help

I mean, we dont really know but you can guess that a bunch of thin walled aluminum parts fit together will weigh a lot less than something not made to get as much space to install electronics.

Thank you so much Halliwax this is great information for reference. Delivered with all the good humour I’ve come to expect from you.

So the Sumo is the Steel huh? nice.
I think you’re probably right about the original Anakin run being closest to the real deal. 1.6lbs sounds about right as I agree it wouldn’t be as heavy as the Obi prop.

Goodnight and thank you for all your help

youre very welcome, remember we are here to help one another achieve their goal, not make fun of each other

..even though i tend to throw mud all the time. typical hypocrite ;)

FarStarbuck

Just measured my cast stunt hilt configured to the full V2 assembly (so, minus motor and switch but keeping the driveshaft), and it weighs in at 1 lb. 8.16 oz, or roughly 685 grams. With the full motor assembly, it weighs in at 1 lb. 12.16 oz, or roughly 798 grams.

Measuring my latest raw cast, it weighed in at 1 lb. 7.25 oz, or roughly 659 grams.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back