Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

So is Satin Black the paint we're looking for?

Originally I was going to use the stencil, but now I'm thinking "where's the fun in that?" and considering free-handing it.

is the stencil out?!?

another question i had was i sanded my pommel and inside the main body so the pommel will slide in it, is there suppose to be this gap or do i need more sanding?
little%20space.jpg

is the stencil out?!?

another question i had was i sanded my pommel and inside the main body so the pommel will slide in it, is there suppose to be this gap or do i need more sanding?
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/V2 saber/little space.jpg

I don't think the stencil is out... but I'm not sure I don't wanna try it on my own instead.

hm.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to put that V2 the hell away and get cracking on more of my City in Crisis episodes! The saber can wait!

5 scripts will be handed in this Friday... then it's off to boards, animation etc... so it will be a few months...

Is the mystery chunk on the exact opposite side of the D Ring cube?

Yes, but i don't think it's positioned directly over the center of the pommel cube. It is on the opposite cube from the D-ring, but I think it is shifted to the left a bit. Possibly centered directly over the left edge of the pommel cube or even centered over the gap between cubes.

Yes, but i don't think it's positioned directly over the center of the pommel cube. It is on the opposite cube from the D-ring, but I think it is shifted to the left a bit. Possibly centered directly over the left edge of the pommel cube or even centered over the gap between cubes.

If the thinking is that the holes are at the same place on both, the Shared Stunt photos could be used to help position the chunk, right? You can see on the SS that the hole is in the gap between cubes.

Here's what I'm seeing. Does everyone agree? it's almost a straight angled line from the point of the cone, to the center of the chunk, to the left edge of the cube.
ScreenShot002.jpg

Hey, someone should do a run of Graflex clamp coffee mugs. That's what I saw when I saw this picture.

I believe there have been similar idea done... but one out of tin, or with that metallic look like ones I've seen at Starbucks would be cool... :thumbsup

the thing that has me little stumped is, I'm wondering if i should try and dull the aluminum a little to make it look older. by the new pictures we got a celebration 7, the aluminum looks dull... i was curious if anyone else thought that dulling it was something they wanted to do? maybe rub some vinegar on it and let it sit for a hour? i wouldn't want to dull the body rings or neck, but it seems like the pommel is dull in a few of the new photos, and where the paint is chipped on the "booster" part.. decisions decisions

I feel like if it was a square headed set screw, it may have been coated in zinc, and it then would oxidize easily, leaving it a slightly different color than the aluminum seen on the main body of the saber, which is still shiny. The screw itself might still be made out of aluminum, but most screws usually aren't, and most screws made out of aluminum usually don't change color so drastically.

the thing that has me little stumped is, I'm wondering if i should try and dull the aluminum a little to make it look older. by the new pictures we got a celebration 7, the aluminum looks dull... i was curious if anyone else thought that dulling it was something they wanted to do? maybe rub some vinegar on it and let it sit for a hour? i wouldn't want to dull the body rings or neck, but it seems like the pommel is dull in a few of the new photos, and where the paint is chipped on the "booster" part.. decisions decisions

That's what I did on the booster section. From the images that part is much darker and beat up than the other aluminum parts.
After beating it with a hammer, I dusted it with silver spray paint and then spot misted it with gray primer in random spots.

I feel like if it was a square headed set screw, it may have been coated in zinc, and it then would oxidize easily, leaving it a slightly different color than the aluminum seen on the main body of the saber, which is still shiny. The screw itself might still be made out of aluminum, but most screws usually aren't, and most screws made out of aluminum usually don't change color so drastically.

or just a trick of the light. There are some shots that show it as silver where in others it looks darker. Same goes for when I tried to take pictures of mine to get the position correct. It looked darker when it's actually the same silver as the rest of the saber.

That's what I did on the booster section. From the images that part is much darker and beat up than the other aluminum parts.
After beating it with a hammer, I dusted it with silver spray paint and then spot misted it with gray primer in random spots.

Thanks for sharing that technique. My wheels are turning

I'm working on the weathering of my V2 and I think the clamp on the reference pictures doesn't has the same position on every picture.

To help making clear what I mean:

Vergleich V2.jpg

This is what I see. Does anybody see the same.

Just make sure to use the knurled cone knob as reference point when you could see it on the pictures you are using.

Are there any pictures of the rear side of the saber?
I can find only this and I can't see the whole "booster" section.

attachment3.php.jpg

And that is my progress so far:

20150815_112632.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back