Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Those look great, and would work just fine until such time as any evidence is found that it's something different. Would you be willing to return to the store and clean them out and off a small run of them here? I'd love to get one. You could even quadruple the price. :D

The V2 has a diameter of about 1.5" at the clamp, while the "hero" has a smaller diameter closer to 1.25" at the same location. Here's a pic comparing the MR versions of each. Of course we now know that the MR V2 dimensions were slightly off, but it still gives you a good idea of the size differences.

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums...k/MRLukeROTJHeroVsV2_zps382df082.jpg~original

Thanks man,
I have a Rylo hero version and was noticing it was thinner. Just wanted to make sure.

The MR hero saber is undersize.

Very interesting—I didn't know that. Was the MR version 1.25" diameter at the clamp area, and the true diameter is a bit larger? Or is the true diameter of the hero 1.25" at the clamp area, and MR is smaller than this?

While we're being exact, the diameter of the V2 at the clamp area on my Korbanth LS6, which actually includes the clamp itself, measures 1 7/16" (or 1.4375")/36.5125 mm around the outside of the Graflex clamp. So slightly smaller than the oft-quoted 1.5" clamp-area diameter of the V2.

The hero doesn't have a clamp sleeve, so it's clamp-area diameter is usually measured around the machined body itself.

The MR was based upon a resin casting of the original prop at least 3 generations removed from the hero that had proportionally shrunk by at least 1/4" in length

Those look great, and would work just fine until such time as any evidence is found that it's something different. Would you be willing to return to the store and clean them out and off a small run of them here? I'd love to get one. You could even quadruple the price. :D

DEAL!

Many thanks again @Trooper_trent for his generosity. For anyone else wanting one of these set screws, I bought a handful at the hardware store and have a listing up in the JY. They'll also come with gaffers tape if anyone wants that detail, as well.

How far out of the nipple does the metal rod stick out?

About this much. :lol
ScreenShot002.jpg

DEAL!

Many thanks again @Trooper_trent for his generosity. For anyone else wanting one of these set screws, I bought a handful at the hardware store and have a listing up in the JY. They'll also come with gaffers tape if anyone wants that detail, as well.

I had to. Your avatar reminded me of an SPCA commercial with Sarah Mclachlan playing in the background.
Untitled.jpg

If you use primer, it'll be harder to scrape off and you'll have gray edges to all of your chips.

Sorry for the delay in the stencils BTW. I will make more progress as soon as I can.

So is Satin Black the paint we're looking for?

Originally I was going to use the stencil, but now I'm thinking "where's the fun in that?" and considering free-handing it.

So is Satin Black the paint we're looking for?

Originally I was going to use the stencil, but now I'm thinking "where's the fun in that?" and considering free-handing it.

You need to put that V2 the hell away and get cracking on more of my City in Crisis episodes! The saber can wait!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back