Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

As far as I know, the only ones offering them immediately is TCSS (but I think they're Parks' and without the "Graflex" stamp) and Roman is currently holding onto his current ones for this Obi-kits.

Personally, I'm waiting on Roman when his Graflex production gets up and going; hopefully he'll have more clamps in stock. Either that or if Roy ever decides to produce them. ;) Whoever's first, really.

Thank you Roy for making these parts available to us. I just ordered 4 V2 levers! Out of curiosity, I placed an order just yesterday on your site. Will both orders be packed and shipped together?

Thanks again!

Also ordered circuit cards from Bradley too. I sent you an e-mail BTW, when I ordered with PayPal I gave you the wrong shipping address.

Thank you both for offering these parts.

Last edited:
I'll be visiting some flea markets this weekend to see if I can track down a real clamp :rolleyes

Otherwise I'll probably wait for Roman to restock his

Speaking of real Graflex Clamps, I came across this tonight at work. While walking by the magazine rack this cover caught my eye. The most interesting thing about this Graflex flash is that the rectangular nut is visible as the weld must have broken off the side bar of the clamp. Plus it's tarnished just like the one used on the V2 Lightsaber. I take it that the weld breaking off may have been a more common phenomenon than I thought.

Nice pic, but what "weld" are you talking about, if I may ask?

On all Graflex´ I own (at least IIRC), this threaded block is not welded, but press fitted/ clamped into the sidebars. But yes, it seems to be prone to come off that way

Markus

On all Graflex´ I own (at least IIRC), this threaded block is not welded, but press fitted/ clamped into the sidebars. But yes, it seems to be prone to come off that way

Markus

I think the two original clamps I own look welded in that particular place.
I'm at work now, but can confirm this claim tonight or maybe not ;)

I guess the originals were press fitted. I've mostly dealt with replica graflex parts and those appear to be welded or soldered in place.

Markus

I guess the originals were press fitted. I've mostly dealt with replica graflex parts and those appear to be welded or soldered in place.

You are right.

I have two original, a Parks and two Romans.

From left to right: vintage Graflex - Parks - Romans

20150715_182712[1].jpg 20150715_182750[1].jpg

Original: Press fitted, no welding marks.
Parks': Looks like press fitted from above but welded on the sides.
Romans': Not even the right measurements for the nut and clearly welded.

I have learned something today and could have sworn that my original clamps were welded eight hours ago ;)

Thank you both.

Attachments

• 20150715_182728[1].jpg
    20150715_182728[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 198
There's always the slight posibility a photographer or someone 'fixed' your clamp sidebar ... of course ... with solder or welding ... unless more of you can confirm welds on your genuine sidebars? I'm not at home so I can't check my G R A F L E X clamps right now ... though I don't recall any welds or solder :)

Chaim

I haven't even begun to tell you how to pop a flashbulb or better yet take a 'damn' picture with a G R A F L E X camera ... how a back curtain shutter works on a Speed Graphic or how to set the rmain release button or timer on a Graphic Special . . . not to mention how to focus a single frame at night ha,ha,ha! ;)

Chaim

That was the best bit of info digging i've seen in a while! Thanks again Roy, just ordered my lever and I can't wait.

I happen to have a pristine original I picked up in a prop transaction.....so..sorry everything *grin*

That was the best bit of info digging i've seen in a while! Thanks again Roy, just ordered my lever and I can't wait.

I happen to have a pristine original I picked up in a prop transaction.....so..sorry everything *grin*

Aren't the pristine ones nice? At one point I had 11 graflexes. Sold a few a while back. I still have a nice stack, but I wish I had all 11 still.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back