Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Just wanted to put it out there that Burroughs computer cards are close to what is on the original prop in terms of vintage clamp cards. A good thing about them is that 1- They seem to be affordable - 2 - They are common - 3 - They pre date all the original trilogy-

I've been on the search looking at different vintage circuit boards, including the arcade machine boards, and this has been my closest find.

Has the correct board ever been found yet?

s-l960.jpg

\

Wow even the material! How'd that get figured out?

vadermania owns a cast hilt from production of Star Wars, the very same used to make the stunt/FX hilts that became the V2 and V3 respectively. It was x-ray scanned by a process called "XRF (Micro X-Ray Fluorescence Analysis)" at the Natural History Museum in Berlin (if I recall correctly), and he got a technical data sheet containing the material composition to compare to other metals.

I did a brief write up of it here in my RnD thread on my cast project. It also contains a link to the original post about the analysis made by vadermania and LOM ; two members here that really jumped the research into these things by lightyears.

vadermania owns a cast hilt from production of Star Wars, the very same used to make the stunt/FX hilts that became the V2 and V3 respectively. It was x-ray scanned by a process called "XRF (Micro X-Ray Fluorescence Analysis)" at the Natural History Museum in Berlin (if I recall correctly), and he got a technical data sheet containing the material composition to compare to other metals.

I did a brief write up of it here in my RnD thread on my cast project. It also contains a link to the original post about the analysis made by vadermania and LOM ; two members here that really jumped the research into these things by lightyears.
pretty neat stuff

Yeah the Burroughs aren’t very close. I’ve seen similar ones to teecrooz’s and the silver solder was very fragile, peeled right off when I cut the board lol

The prop has some heavy solder in bands that lie under the clamp edge, which I find interesting.

Yeah the Burroughs aren’t very close. I’ve seen similar ones to teecrooz’s and the silver solder was very fragile, peeled right off when I cut the board lol

The prop has some heavy solder in bands that lie under the clamp edge, which I find interesting.
What are some of the boards people have come across so far that seem to be similar?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back