Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

i just googled gaffers tape. makes sense now, they used it to tape down the lines going to the cameras, go figure! i thought it was tape you put on hockey sticks! LOL way off!

Is anyone going to put blue fishing line on the pommel, used for the force grab in the throne room? :lol

I've been thinking a lot about the original ANH colour scheme as I'm hoping to strip my Russrep V2 & repainted it as an ANH obi stunt Saber once I get the one from the new run,

I'm sure that these are just the same pictures we're all looking at but this is the best picture I've seen of the ANH paint

I always thought I could see some brass on the windvane in the Emperor's chair pictures but I'm not sure if it's just the light

I quite liked the hint of brass showing through on the windvane of the MR V2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
The brass color in the Emperor's chair pic seems clear, but it extends to the top ring of the grenade section, so I'm tempted to say it's a trick of the light...but who knows? If I had hair, I'd be pulling it out lol.

Slightly off topic but in the video of the panel Brandon mentions that there is photo evidence of a graflex in early rotj set or pre pro pics. Does anybody have any of these pics?

Now that I'd like to see!

with the paint job - given the whole ANH duel set was under weird lighting, I think the lighter emitter color may just be a trick of the light. The neck, however does seem not to be black, and the V2 today doesn't show this feature. Tom is confused, without more photo evidence this may be moot

It was mentioned above of a theory that the entire upper part was originally painted black and then the brass was painted on top and then things started chipping. But I think at some point after A New Hope, the entire upper part was painted black covering what was left of the brass and then that black started chipping revealing hints of brass.

The reason I think that is based on the top of the emitter of Sir Alec Guinness hold the bladed hilt. Note that the face of the emitter appears to be bare of any paint.

I think in the AG pic above the emitter is painted a gunmetal grey to match a weathered, but not black, Derwent balance pipe, while the lower grip section beneath the clamp is actually painted black to match an oxidized booster. That said, the emitter looks to be black, and not just dark gray in ROTJ. Who knows...? Also, the brass color of the windvane area is very dark in the AG pic above.

Hi folks!
Here's an update on the new clamp lever development.
It's a terrible picture coming from the factory, but it's nearing completion (100 units). The levers still need the nickel plating. But in a couple of weeks (I'm off on a holiday first) I'll add them on wannawanga.com and start selling & shipping them!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434820019.397991.jpg

Look what showed up today...

015.jpg

It dropped right in to my V2, no filing or sanding.

The only difference I see between my normal batch of these and the new V2 batch is the plating isn't near as glossy/reflective. The board material also seems to be a lighter color, which is a good thing.

They sure are pretty.

The base plating color and the gold plated color are very close together, you see differences in certain light, so silver soldering for a little extra contrast might be what people want, not sure.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 82

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back