Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

New picture popped up on Facebook - Publicity Shots and this one has the V2 in all it's shiny and ugly glory...if at a really crappy resolution. ROTJPub.jpg

Started reading through this thread because I know little to nothing about Luke ROTJ sabers - an now may know more, but understand less...:(

Either way, you drop back 7 years and everyone is making Luke V2's...

What happened? Someone should do a run for us noobs. I'm short a saber or two in my OT collection.

Here is my first go using one of the longer levers. I am going to try it with the one of the short levers and then see how it turns out. I think it may be the short lever to get all the top details to line up right. Of coarse there are only 2 shorts on the pair of boots and one is a bit bent so i wanted to give it a shot first on the long. I did not trim the cross pin yet so it sticks out too far and looks like it's in the wrong spot.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu18/88844733/Lever1.jpg

I keep coming back to this and my pic/drawing...

It has to be right...

It was mentioned that the V2's were cast from a wood master. Is that to say the wood master would be of the dimensions on those blueprints above. If so, I got a guy who could do me a wood version, but may as well make sure it's the right one...

Has anyone MADE a wood "master" version before? Is this a thing?

Those blueprints are not quite the same as the wooden master ... since the wooden master had uneven rings ... there's a picture within these threads of it page 16 if I'm not mistaken ... check it out.

Chaim

I figured I'd share my 2 v2's I have in my collection. One I picked up on eBay recently (I'm 99% sure its a RussRep); I weathered that one myself. The other is my LDMcustomsabers MKVI V2. Its the only one in my collection that will ever have electronics in it. Here's some shots of them together.

And lastly, my RussRep sitting on the shelf like the V2 on the Emperor's arm rest.

The V2 is by far my favorite of all the lightsabers in the Star Wars trilogy.

Here is my Russrep, converted with electronic last year (and being reworked with even better electronic and Crystal Chamber as I speak).

Build-V2-X1.1.jpg

Build-V2-X0.jpg

Build-V2-X2.jpg

And here is another budget V2 I just completed, not accurate tho (the owner I gifted it to doesn't care anyway), but still good looking :)

15-SFLukeV2_Final.jpg

19-SFLukeV2_Final.jpg

16-SFLukeV2_Final.jpg

More pictures available through my clicky sig ;)

Fantasic sabers here guys...I love the Luke ROTJ saber.I would be happy to have a accurate one next to my Vadersaber.Who is making the best Luke ROTJ sabers now?
I´ve heared from Russreplicas but I´ve no idea how accurate his sabers are.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back