Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Considering Brandon still doesn’t know ( Original V2 owner), I was kind of hoping to...
Confirm the find.
Complete some research.

It could be really special (for everyone) to create an opportunity for further commentary and discussion with him about the original V2. Without proceeding kindly and cautiously (with care) that might not wind up being a possibility for any of us.
Hence, I’m not trying to create a debacle. I’m also not trying to create a scenario where bitterness springs up if, heaven forbid, the item does pop up again to be acquired.

Hopefully that helps.
For those who know they’re trying to allow that to happen

The V2s in the junkyard have nothing to do with this find. Replicas have not even been discussed. It’s actually been the opposite. Trying to find a way to offer the vintage items at or around the same price as the replicas that are in the market. If made public, then the scalpers would swoop in before that could be arranged.

Nothing is being shared because the items are not yet in hand. Bryan found them 2 weeks ago and we did hours of research and searching locating some.

Some good faith info. These do not attach via nail or screw.
Sounds good. I like a bit of intrigue with just the right amount of information not to give it away but to get the mind working [emoji2]

I'm glad you've got the community in mind - the scalping / price gouging doesn't benefit anyone apart from the seller. That's the only down side to this hobby.

Count me in as interested if the part turns out to be correct.

I thought the 'I know but I'm not telling' stuff was just for the Vader helmets. Sad to see it's infected the lightsabers now.

They just said the information will be shared, the parts will be available affordably and protected from scalpers...

giphy.gif

I thought the 'I know but I'm not telling' stuff was just for the Vader helmets. Sad to see it's infected the lightsabers now.
I get what you're saying but this doesn't feel like that this time. Sounds like they're wanting to confirm it's the correct part before it's revealed.

Apart from the odd member here and there, information's shared relatively easily. As it should be in a community like ours. I've got no issue with someone making a couple of quid on something but the quadrupling of prices is what annoys me.

It sounds like it's another rare part, so they don't want anyone swooping in hoarding all the parts then charging the earth for them. [emoji846]

I read what they said. I thought the 'I know but I'm not telling' stuff was just for the Vader helmets. Sad to see it's infected the lightsabers now.

Alternative is to have not even report finding it.

Remember what happened with booster and balance pipes? Everyone contacted the sellers immediately driving prices through the roof day 1. Even years later on the group engine buy, the price more than tripled because people couldn’t keep their pants on. The three of us that bought it then turned those around to people, including you, at cost.

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"

Look, it's all good. When the part is 100% identified and it's time to share, I'll be as interested as everyone else to finally find out what the part actually is. I don't get all the cloak-and-dagger stuff but whatever, no worries.

Last edited:
It's funny that some folks are chiming in, not to say what the newfound item is, but just to make sure the rest of us know that they are also in the club that knows about it. :D:D:D

I don't think it is any secret Bryan and I are partners and work together. We have multiple projects in flight to demonstrate that?

Not sure the purpose of pointing out the obvious.

I may not have identified it but I was on the phone with Bryan and able to purchase the first one with his blessing. Several hundred dollars later and I’m still waiting for parts to arrive. I’m sorry if that upsets people that the source hasn’t been provided before they are actually in hand. It’s not a conspiracy.

I may not have identified it but I was on the phone with Bryan and able to purchase the first one with his blessing. Several hundred dollars later and I’m still waiting for parts to arrive. I’m sorry if that upsets people that the source hasn’t been provided before they are actually in hand. It’s not a conspiracy.
Several hundred dollars???? F

No I’ll wills intended in the slightest, but it does seem to be quite a bitter mood developing which is making me feel absolutely ill myself.

I’ll admit I don’t know if I’m going about this correctly? I’m not trying trying to alienate the board in fact... as with most things I’m trying to surprise, delight, and create some intrigue for just a little while... especially if we can do that for the owner of the original.

I wish I’d had a more solid idea before PoopaPapaPalps went and bought all those hobnails to checker. Sorry mate.

The honest truth for those who are trying to figure out the thing is that. I was literally talking *with* Teecrooz when I came across it. As he said.
I can’t truly afford to budget and buy this thing so it also became a matter of ‘I need help to get this’... or someone I know well needs to. My wife and I just bought our first home if you don’t know. So despite finding it it’s not a perfect time to go prop hunting.

However there is more than one out there in the world so it’s not the end is it? The discovery is barely 2 weeks old and still yet unconfirmed by these hands.

The best I can do at the moment is apologize and ask you to bear with me. I’ll re-iterate. I’m sorry! Perhaps I should’ve waited entirely for the timing to be better.

I told roy; this is clearly my first rodeo (I have never found original SW parts)
My caution seems to be getting the best of me.

I’m just kind of hoping everyone can take a moment and breath. These will come in, more info will come out.

Last edited:

This is exciting! Haha. People are so anxious even for a tiny square little part on a 37+ year old prop. Funny if you think about it.

Thank you for protecting it from scalpers. Seriously.

Im not a fan of info costing money or being quid pro quo unless it affects legal matters. If this caution and tiny hints are to protect it from hoarders and price gouges we are indebted to you.

That is precisely all it is. Clearly all you have to do is look at the RotJ Hero work Bryan and I have done and publicized to clearly demonstrate we don't fall into the cloak and dagger crowd just to play cloak and dagger.

teecrooz and I have both contacted the company who manufactured the original in order to determine if a stockpile exists somewhere as well as to get details on the history and information surrounding it. This is all to both help ensure it is protected from scalping and gives us time to procure possibly a supply to provide the community without gouging as well as providing all the accurate info to make it into Seth's book and publicly available here.

There are no shenanigans happening. We are trying to exercise some caution because honestly, we all have seen the scalping and information hoarding. And yes, it DOES happen with sabers too. And it's not new. I have experienced this firsthand now that I am on the inside and working to design hilts and perform runs with Bryan. It's honestly disgusting the amount of information hoarding and dog eat dog happening. Bryan and I don't want to be of the same ilk, but we also now know to exercise some caution so we don't get burned and ergo the community too. In many cases when they don't even know it is happening.

We are not out to be sneaky. And I think we have proven that. Look at the MoM Hero thread to see clear evidence of that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back