Limited Run Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber- based on the new info from SWCA (UPDATE PG 37)

Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber- based on the new info from SWCA

Hmmm, and I imagine it would be far too much of a chore to drill and tap some but not others. I personally would prefer it to be drilled and tapped but I can totally understand not doing so for those that aren't going the V2 route.

Boba Debt has a pretty easy step by step instruction guide for how to do it and I will include instructions for building when the parts are ready.

Is one of those steps... "Buy a drill press"?

As as it is now, I don't have anyway to ensue a quality drilled hole in a round piece of metal. At least in a way that doesn't have a high rate of messing up.

I'm in the same boat. Is there anyway we could do a quick survey of the 60 people on the list, and see if there is anyone doing a shared stunt version? If 58 of us are going to install a cone knob anyway, it would be great to have that drilled.

I'm in the same boat. Is there anyway we could do a quick survey of the 60 people on the list, and see if there is anyone doing a shared stunt version? If 58 of us are going to install a cone knob anyway, it would be great to have that drilled.

One would not be able to make a shared stunt replica with this run. The shared stunt lacks the protuberance (better word than "nipple") on the emitter. We are talking V2 circa ANH V.S. V2 circa ROTJ

Last edited:

One would not be able to make a shared stunt replica with this run. The shared stunt lacks the protuberance (better word than "nipple") on the emitter. We are talking V2 circa ANH V.S. V2 circa ROTJ

Someone could take this saber, cut the nipple off, drill out the emitter hole and make an idealized shared stunt. It would still be more accurate then most replicas to date.

Ok. from now on I'll be handling most of the discussion about this order through PM. So please, if you have a question or concern, message me rather then posting here.

OK, seems like I missed the run...

Possible to get on the interest list in case somebody drops out..?

Is one of those steps... "Buy a drill press"?

As as it is now, I don't have anyway to ensue a quality drilled hole in a round piece of metal. At least in a way that doesn't have a high rate of messing up.

Ditto. The only holes I WOULDN'T want drilled are any that are unclear/unconfirmed. I absolutely would want holes for the cone knob, fillister screw, etc. I have no good way of doing them myself.

EDIT: Sorry, I responded before I Saw your request not to respond here! :lol

Last edited:

In a side note, anyone with a small or large drill press, invest in a v block! It will hold cylindrical objects pretty well, and at least give you better holes than a jig. Just make sure the surface you want is facing straight up and the block is centered.

I would prefer to have the hole drilled/tapped already.

though I can do it myself, knowing dan did it for me makes me feel more comfortable knowing its in the exact right location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, I don't have a tap and die set, nor do I for see getting metric taps..

Ok. So it looks like only one person is planning on modifying this saber into a Shared Stunt saber. So, **** that guy :devil Just kidding. I'm going to ask my shop to make one of the saber bodies without the cone knob hold drilled. The rest will have the hole drilled and tapped and should be all set for you v2 guys without drill presses ;)

Ok. So it looks like only one person is planning on modifying this saber into a Shared Stunt saber. So, F%$#K that guy :devil Just kidding. I'm going to ask my shop to make one of the saber bodies without the cone knob hold drilled. The rest will have the hole drilled and tapped and should be all set for you v2 guys without drill presses ;)

My bad... Less holes is cheaper, right?

Hi all,

Today I spend some time on the lever design. I used some of my CAD magic to determine the correct shape and size according to new and old v2 pics. Of course I also read almost all of the 42 pages of the other v2 thread LOL! (@Scottjua: no more tooth!)
I will now try to find out various manufacturing techniques for a run of 100 or more and find out what the price will be. Material for the lever is unclear for now, I hope stainless steel is possible, but what do you think?

And I wonder about the screw and nut: maybe it's possible to get them from Roman's (as used in his replica clamp assembly), I will send him a message, since that screw is correct and already exists. Which would mean I can focus on the lever itself. Unless any of you has another good solution for the screw/nut? It's a 1/8" threaded eye bolt (swing bolt, lag screw, whatever is the proper name) and a square/rectangular nut.

So here are some images I made.
They are already approved by Master Chaim!!

So please let me know what you guys think and if I can proceed.

untitled.2674.jpg untitled.2675.jpg
ScreenClip.png ScreenClip-1.png

Ok guys. I've sent the most updated designs to the factory. Hang onto your butts :)

Roy, if you want to get more feedback on your design, it might make sense to spin this off into it's own thread in the SW prop section.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back