Limited Run Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber- based on the new info from SWCA (UPDATE PG 37)

LOL you sound like me. I had every movie saber soon after EpIII hit, a lifesized sandtrooper, Vader, and even an R2 at one point. Then it was all gone to pay for other more "serious" life events. But now I'm slowly trying to sneak my collection back into my office without my wife noticing.
"Is that a new helmet?"
"oh that one? hmmm... no that's been there."

She actually did not notice the big new Master Replicas Stormy blaster in it's case. She said it was just because it's been crazy which is probably true. When it was sooo much bigger I could get away with sneaking in stuff but now with so little left new stuff does stand out.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a guestimation or any idea when this next run is expected?

I think next month he said. He is recovering from surgery, etc.

Thanks! Yeah, I saw all the love and get well wishes Anakin Starkiller has been getting lately, then I saw the photos he posted of himself....ouch! I really didn't mean to come off like an inconsiderate a**hole by asking about the next run, if I did, SO sorry to Starkiller! He should take all the time he needs to be 100% again. I wish him the best for a speedy recovery.

My kit comes today.Awesome!Thanks a lot for the fast shipping.
But how it to built and what I need?Must I sand the pommel to put it in the grip?
I ordered the stencils and a card.Now I need a clamp...and what?

Well the reason why I never really followed up on the tutorial is that so many people posted their construction setups so quickly after I shipped the kits, it kinda seemed superfluous. This thread already had all of the info one needed.

Just to update everyone. The second v2 run will be postponed a while more because I need to use most of my spare funds to complete some other Timey Wimey projects that I've been working on. Once those other projects have wrapped up, I'll come back to these sabers.

Dan

Well the reason why I never really followed up on the tutorial is that so many people posted their construction setups so quickly after I shipped the kits, it kinda seemed superfluous. This thread already had all of the info one needed.

Just to update everyone. The second v2 run will be postponed a while more because I need to use most of my spare funds to complete some other Timey Wimey projects that I've been working on. Once those other projects have wrapped up, I'll come back to these sabers.

Dan

Excellent. More time to save.(y)cheers

Take care.

Tom

For what is this part?

23464867ld.jpg

But how is it to use?The metalstick must be fixed with 2 allenscrews on the top of the emitter.And after that you must plug it in the swords body.But its not fixed.When you hold the ermitter to the ground it will drop out of the sword.:confused

Sorry this is my first lightsaberbuild!:D

Not if the blade is attached to a motor fitted inside the hilt... Connected to a battery hidden on you with wires going up your sleeve!

But how is it to use?The metalstick must be fixed with 2 allenscrews on the top of the emitter.And after that you must plug it in the swords body.But its not fixed.When you hold the ermitter to the ground it will drop out of the sword.:confused

The plan was to glue the bearing to the rod, than put it in the hilt and after that put the emitter on and fasten it with the screws.
Better working (and without glueing so you can readjust how far the rod sticks out of the emitter) is an shaft collar instead of this bearing.

You need to add a stop to the interior end of the steel rod. The bearing will then be trapped between the lightsaber neck and the stop on the end of the rod. That will keep the rod from falling out :)

There are a few different methods we have used:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238654&p=3739438&viewfull=1#post3739438

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238654&p=3727055&viewfull=1#post3727055

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238654&p=3727081&viewfull=1#post3727081

- - - Updated - - -

Any pics,guys?:confused

And what is this?

On the original prop, some sort of small chunk of metal plugs a hole at that location. It does resemble a square set screw in some pictures and so some replicas have proceeded to add that screw. Dan was unable to determine an exact identification of that part and so he did not include it in this run of parts.

These look amazing! I hate I missed out on this run. I look forward to a second one. I vote for the ISYHCANLS version. I hope you are feeling better!

You need to add a stop to the interior end of the steel rod. The bearing will then be trapped between the lightsaber neck and the stop on the end of the rod. That will keep the rod from falling out :)

There are a few different methods we have used:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238654&p=3739438&viewfull=1#post3739438

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238654&p=3727055&viewfull=1#post3727055

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238654&p=3727081&viewfull=1#post3727081

- - - Updated - - -

On the original prop, some sort of small chunk of metal plugs a hole at that location. It does resemble a square set screw in some pictures and so some replicas have proceeded to add that screw. Dan was unable to determine an exact identification of that part and so he did not include it in this run of parts.

Ah thanks.Now I know whats to do!:):thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back