Luke ROTJ reveal saber showoff

That's the exact saber ....I will be wanting in my collection....wow...gorgeous... This is the version I love more then any other....that's amazing work

Thanks guys :)

I actually had this saber out just the other day, admiring it (I tend to revisit it from time to time). I'm itchin' to get started on my V2, so this one is good inspiration. I just wish Roman would hurry up, as the Graflex clamp is the only thing that I'm missing (I have a spare 3 cell, but I'm hesitant to sacrifice it just for the clamp).

Thanks guys :)

I actually had this saber out just the other day, admiring it (I tend to revisit it from time to time). I'm itchin' to get started on my V2, so this one is good inspiration. I just wish Roman would hurry up, as the Graflex clamp is the only thing that I'm missing (I have a spare 3 cell, but I'm hesitant to sacrifice it just for the clamp).

"Out the other day" You must have it out always.

My EFX Luke reveal is the first and last thing I see each morning and night,...well almost as I check sites in the morning first thing and last thing at night and it's next to my desk.

You can't ever put props away. They must be displayed, played with and held with love.

Tom

You can't ever put props away. They must be displayed, played with and held with love.

Tom

Not neccessarily.

I have a good amount of real part blasters, but they are now stored in a pile on a part of my basements workbench.
No idea why, but I lost a big amount of my interest in them due to the fact that there are now to much replicas out there, or coming soon. They are to common to be special, now.

I´m afraid same can/will happen with my lightsabers with all the planned part runs.

Not neccessarily.

I have a good amount of real part blasters, but they are now stored in a pile on a part of my basements workbench.
No idea why, but I lost a big amount of my interest in them due to the fact that there are now to much replicas out there, or coming soon. They are to common to be special, now.

I´m afraid same can/will happen with my lightsabers with all the planned part runs.

You have lost interest in props you like because there are too many other versions owned by other people??????

Aye.

For example - a ANH Solo Blaster was something special for me. Once, cause it was rare.

Now, with hundreds or thousands out there - it´s way more boring. One day i will be taking that pile and store it in my basement in boxes on shelves.

Don´t understand me wrong, i still will keep it, my Wetzlars, other parts - and also will buy more as soon as i have a good opportunity ..... but i´m not that much thrilled by it as i was once it was rare. That days it made me feel a little bit Han Solo when handling it, now it´s just a metal decoration piece. Still somehow nice, but.....

I love my DV ROTJ stunt build on a real Graflex. Not sure if i can keep that feeling when they pop out at every corner. ANH and ESB already went down a good way on my personal "like" list.

"Out the other day" You must have it out always.

My EFX Luke reveal is the first and last thing I see each morning and night,...well almost as I check sites in the morning first thing and last thing at night and it's next to my desk.

Tom

For me, it's a matter of space - just not enough room for *everything*.

My all-real-parts Obi Wan is on permanent display - I never get tired of looking at it... and marveling at how all of the various parts remarkably fit together perfectly.

I've been thinking maybe I should get in the habit of rotating the pieces in my collection, display-wise.

And for me, I don't think I'll ever get tired of my sabers, even "with all the planned part runs," because all of mine (with the exception of the ROTJ sabers) are all comprised of real vintage parts. There will always be something special about that.

Aye.

For example - a ANH Solo Blaster was something special for me. Once, cause it was rare.

Now, with hundreds or thousands out there - it´s way more boring. One day i will be taking that pile and store it in my basement in boxes on shelves.

Don´t understand me wrong, i still will keep it, my Wetzlars, other parts - and also will buy more as soon as i have a good opportunity ..... but i´m not that much thrilled by it as i was once it was rare. That days it made me feel a little bit Han Solo when handling it, now it´s just a metal decoration piece. Still somehow nice, but.....

I love my DV ROTJ stunt build on a real Graflex. Not sure if i can keep that feeling when they pop out at every corner. ANH and ESB already went down a good way on my personal "like" list.

Personally the rarity of an item never affected the way I collect. If I like it, I get it, if not, it could be the rarest thing on Earth and wouldn't care less. Also I think having a replica made of original parts will always be better than a regular replica, even if the latter is licensed. So if you own a prop replica made of genuine parts, you shouldn't be tired of it no matter what other replicas are out there, and not just throw it in some boxes in the basement, instead proudly display it as being the closest thing to what was used on screen.

If i don´t like it, it doesn´t bother me if it´s rare or not - i´m just not interested in it.

And i agree that i believe my real parts are "better" than any replicas, many of todays cnc replicas in fact look wrong for me from a close distance, even with perfect measurements (it´s the small tool marks/to perfect without the tiny irregularities that ruin the illusion for me) - but seeing a build thread once or twice a year (due to part rarity) made looking at it special for me, seeing one or two a week makes it boring. And due to that feeling of "always" seeing it, looking at another one (even my real ones) makes it less thrilling.

But i still love to look at build threads of those more strange/unloved SW props - hoth-scanner, macro-stunt or Holyday special saber, such things that not everyone builds/owns.

I like what I like no matter what. Like JKNO said there could be a million or just one and I could care less. I say the more the merrier, but I hear ya.

There are about 10 known Blade Runner Deckard Vidphones in the world and I have built five or six of them.

I fell in love with the Vibro Axe because it was a super cool prop only a few people made. Again I have only seen about 10 to 12 accurate ones and I have built about 7 of them.

Both of these I should say were only possible because of other peoples amazing work and research.

I am also always looking for cool props no one else is interested in. Makes it a lot easier to find parts :)

I love real parts, replicas, and any combination there of.

I just never let what other people have or do affect what I like. I like what I like whether it's super popular or not.

Joe Versus the Volcano is a Cinematic Masterpiece as far as I am concerned.

Tom

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back