Lt. CMDR Data (Brent Spiner) sculpt

Re: Lt. Data (Brent Spiner) sculpt

Awesome, so when do you start selling?

As for electronics I have a schematic for the right panel. I need to get the shape and dimensions of the panel to layout a board/panel. What I would ultimately like to do is get a plate made to the dimensions of the port. I would like to cut most of the port out on the head leaving maybe a 0.25 inch lip. The plate would be built with the electronics and would mount to the lip over the port hole. I think that would work best. Let me know what you think.

Re: Lt. Data (Brent Spiner) sculpt (new pics page 2)

Awesome, so when do you start selling?

As for electronics I have a schematic for the right panel. I need to get the shape and dimensions of the panel to layout a board/panel. What I would ultimately like to do is get a plate made to the dimensions of the port. I would like to cut most of the port out on the head leaving maybe a 0.25 inch lip. The plate would be built with the electronics and would mount to the lip over the port hole. I think that would work best. Let me know what you think.

I suppose I could start an interest list pretty soon and see what happens.

As for the electronics that sounds good, I was worried that I didnt make the insets deep enough but they can be cut out and modified easy enough. My main goal was to give them the overall (generally) correct proportions.

Here are a couple more shots...still a WIP.

DSC06519.JPGB.jpg
DSC06515.JPGA.jpg

Last edited:

Im no Star trek fan but that looks friggin amazing Vadermonkey....nice work mate.

As someone in the same paygrade as Data, (I am a LCDR in the Navy) I just cannot keep my pie-hole shut about the title of this thread. Data is a Lt Cmdr (as the show designates Star Fleet rank) not an LT (or Lt as the show designates Star Fleet rank).

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Carry on.

BTW: Nice work

As someone in the same paygrade as Data, (I am a LCDR in the Navy) I just cannot keep my pie-hole shut about the title of this thread. Data is a Lt Cmdr (as the show designates Star Fleet rank) not an LT (or Lt as the show designates Star Fleet rank).

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Carry on.

BTW: Nice work

Its all good...its better than posting that I need to cut his face off and start again...:lol. Its funny though because I had this very conversation with a friends husband just last week.

Got the eyebrows/lashes on...needs some tweaking but its getting there.

View attachment DSC06646.JPGA.jpg

Wow! The eyebrows strangely pull the look together. That first photo looks dead on in thumbnail form! Way to go!

Did you add glass eyes? Really nice!!

Interested in a resin cast, pending price (and electronics kit, of course!)

Did you add glass eyes? Really nice!!

Interested in a resin cast, pending price (and electronics kit, of course!)

Thanks for the kind words everyone!:cheers

As for the electronics, I'm working with a guy now who may consider making them available in a limited number to interested folks. Another friend of mine suggested we take a cast and make a prop from "Datalore"... more on that very soon.

I plan to start an interest list...I was going to do it this weekend but I was out of town working so look for it to happen in the next few days with the details.

As for the eyes...I have some very old prosthetic glass eyes that I formed over (I know) and painted from the inside for what you see in the last couple shots, it made a huge difference as did the eyebrows and lashes though they still need some tweaking.

If anyone can suggest a reliable place/person that makes good Icars panels, I'd like to get a custom one to display him against.

COMPA.jpga.jpg

OMG they call him LT on the FB page too! That's it, turn in your nerd cards!

(Very nice sculpt BTW)

Mercy...:lol...and thanks! :cheers

Interest thread is up.
MOD EDIT: Please do not post Junkyard links, thanks.

Oops, my apologies. :cool

Last edited:

Just a heads up, been catching up with TNG on netflix, and there's another shot of Data's electronics in S4E14 "Clues".

Chris

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm going to be working on an electronics kit for this excellent sculpture. I wanted to get some opinions what people would like to see. I was thinking the panel on the right side of his head... the one that appears in "Best Of Both Worlds" and "Times Arrow" just to name a few episodes. I feel it's the most iconic.

That being said, there are numerous panels that have appeared. In "Datalore" we see a small section of electronics exposed when Lore kicks him in the head. In "Q-Who" we see a panel on the left side that folds back. In "Times Arrow" we see a panel in the back of his head were Geordi finds the iron filing. In the "Generations" movie the whole top of Data's head rotates and pops off to reveal the place for Geordi to install the emotion chip. That is just a few examples.

So opinions!!! What panel(s) would you like to see with this amazing sculpture!!!!!

The one on the side, and the one on the back seem to be the most used ones.

I'd be interested in some more info about the electronics for the side port.

Chris

As noted, the right side panel is the most iconic (at least for what I have planned for mine!).

13doctorwho - be sure and start a WIP thread so we can follow along! :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back