Lt. CMDR Data (Brent Spiner) sculpt

Vadermonkey

This is my 3rd attempt at a human sculpture...it has been quite the learning process but I think I'm finally getting somewhere with it. Note the head is actually shaped correctly but this photo is with my phone right up on it. The felt uniform is just to help my brain to visualize...a long way to go yet...

Comp_zps68ba7324.jpg

**edit: Finished pic.

View attachment 192946

Last edited:
Re: Lt. Data (Brent Spiner) sculpt

I have always wanted to sculpt a Data bust. I've always thought it would be awesome to make the bust with the access panels and add working electronics for all the flashing lights. Great work!!

I forgot to ask, any chance of a run of these in hollow resin. I would love to have one and add the lighting. I'm thinking "Times Arrow"

I forgot to ask, any chance of a run of these in hollow resin. I would love to have one and add the lighting. I'm thinking "Times Arrow"

Sure, even if there isnt enough interest for a run I dont mind making you a copy. I'd like to have the electronics as well but not necessarily for time's arrow...I think I'm going to do a full lifesize...mainly because my wife thinks it would be creepy. ;)

And thank you for the comments, Carsten you've been very helpful...I appreciate you being honest in your critiques, it will only help me to improve.

That would be awesome. I work in electronics so getting an electronic board made to run a lighting sequence wouldn't be hard. When you really watch there are a lot of lights but the pattern is pretty simple. I would also want to put a variable resistor so the speed could be adjusted.

Times Arrow was just a passing thought. There was also a Disaster Episode where they use Data's body to disrupt a high energy electrical arc. After that they remove his head and hooked it up in engineering... that would be cool too!!!!

Last edited:

This looks great!

I've always wanted to see a really good Data head with full electronics. Strange that it hasn't happened before.

Well it definitely seems there is interest for a group run!!! It's nice to no I wasn't the only geek who wanted a disconnected Data (and/or Lore) head. I work in electronics for a living so I'm already daydreaming about the electronics. I need to pull out "Times Arrow", "Datalore", "Best Of Both Worlds Part II" and start researching the access panels.....

Looking pretty cool!

I think years ago someone had offered castings of Data's head from that episode Time's Arrow, but I think it was in the back of a magazine.

I've always wanted one but never could find a decent looking piece, and just don't have the talent to make one myself.

Color me interested if you do a run. It's a hell of a WIP so far!
Chris

Well it definitely seems there is interest for a group run!!! It's nice to no I wasn't the only geek who wanted a disconnected Data (and/or Lore) head. I work in electronics for a living so I'm already daydreaming about the electronics. I need to pull out "Times Arrow", "Datalore", "Best Of Both Worlds Part II" and start researching the access panels.....

Well it looks like I'll be doing a run then...lol.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I try to work on it for a bit each night so I'll post new shots soon with the progress I've made.

I did some internet searching... isn't the internet awesome!!! This is what I was thinking for electronics, I think this is the most iconic version. With this decent resolution closeup/capture it should be pretty strait forward to reproduce. Take a look...

data-positronic-brain closeup.JPG

I love how simple that mess of wires and LEDs look now. So hi-tech when I was a kid.

It's still impressive on screen with the lights flasing fast and the resolution of the TV... When you look at it in a still image it's a little more obvious how simple it really is.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back