Lost in Space B9 robot with lighting kit

From what I could tell in that one pic, it is a nice surface and pretty convincing metal look
I think it's pretty close to what it's supposed to look like, but who knows. I have all the B&W episodes but it's been decades since I've seen one of the color episodes. Ehh, it works for me

Ok, it's getting close to being done. Got a message from work that we're going back May 1st so my binge building will be winding down. What I did in image one and six was cut slots for the wiring to pas through the torso. there was a small glue in retainer pin to hold these together but the lower outer piece had a warp to it so I found a tiny screw and washer to join the two. I put the sound module in the left track but had some trouble positioning so I removed the inner track cover and hacked out an access. I got it all together with the speaker down there as the wires to the speaker was only like an inch long, you could barely hear it. Soooo, I took a chance that I could fish a pair of wires down through from the top and I got lucky. Now the speaker is up just below the head assembly, much better. Once I tested it I found that the light blocks I made weren't getting it done. the two 5mm LED light below the mouth was bleeding up on the sides. So I cut some thin pieces of evergreen, painted the black and glued them in place. Now there is nothing by a full red glow when it talks. All that left is to attach the iddy-bitty wires for the lights in the glass dome and assemble the arms.

Attachments

• dwr1.jpeg
    dwr1.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 141
  • dwr2.jpeg
    dwr2.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 125
  • dwr3.jpeg
    dwr3.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 121
  • dwr4.jpeg
    dwr4.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 123
  • dwr5.jpeg
    dwr5.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 126
  • dwr6.jpeg
    dwr6.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 130
  • dwr7.jpeg
    dwr7.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 132
  • dwr8.jpeg
    dwr8.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 146
  • dwr9.jpeg
    dwr9.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 154
well that wraps up this one. I messed up a bit with the lights in the head. in the process I lost 2, the one that illuminates the finger spoke things and one in the upper brain. well at 3 still work. the sound was still really muffled so I drilled a bunch of holes around the outside edge of the acrylic where you can't really see them, it's better but not what I would have liked. I should have scratched up a stand for it and mounted the speaker there. oh well. I seem to mess up something on every build.

Attachments

• b9dun1.jpeg
    b9dun1.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 152
  • b9dun2.jpeg
    b9dun2.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 149
  • b9dun3.jpeg
    b9dun3.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 145
  • b9dun4.jpeg
    b9dun4.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 174
  • b9dun5.jpeg
    b9dun5.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 165
Thanks my friends, most appreciated! Looks like I'm going back to work next Monday, finally. I'm gonna see if I can squeeze in one more build. Revell simple Simon snap-tite Imperial Shuttle. Seems pretty close to 1/72 and does the AT-AT I was encouraged to acquire.

I have never seen any other build come out better than that one! Well done.
What? Well I really appreciate that, thank you. I have to say though that I'm one of those self deprecating yahoo's that don't take compliments very easily because I know where my shortcomings (with my modeling) are. There's some guys here that do some incredible things way beyond my skill level, but I am learning from them...maybe I don't suck as bad I think I do :unsure::lol:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back