lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

So I have one from Sonya, but I'm not sure what you mean by the denim...

Also, there were two screen used jackets sold. One was a hero model and the other had a hole in it from when Marko gets staked. I had at the time well over $3,000 in savings and they both went above and beyond that in price. The actual selling price I can't remember, but it was me and another friend bidding. She went higher but you know how ebay is, they have those automatic bidders that always beat you when it's something like that and that is what happened to her. Otherwise she would have one. Very frustrating.
As I said this was a "special" project her and I worked on together. It is NOT her regular patch. She embroidered the design on a swatch of black denim then I cut it out and frayed the edges like the real one. See the pictures, you can see the white and black threads. Real black denim is white on the back, hence the black and white threads you see.
original-lost-boys-jacket-rare_1_f4fac4d03ebbdcc6319cca4ca8e85bcc.jpg
Alas-the-mystical-and-gorgeously-elaborated-jacket-worn-by-Alex.jpg
The-Lost-Boys--Marko-jacket-replica-2_2.jpg
20.2.jpg

Yeah I understood that it was a special project, I just wasn't clear about it being on denim as I have bought the patch from her but was going to try and fray the edges as is. The other way you just stitch or glue it on a black piece of denim? I'm wondering if I should ask her about it and maybe see about ordering it again or just using what I have. Because I really like this idea. Stickler for details and all.

Yeah I understood that it was a special project, I just wasn't clear about it being on denim as I have bought the patch from her but was going to try and fray the edges as is. The other way you just stitch or glue it on a black piece of denim? I'm wondering if I should ask her about it and maybe see about ordering it again or just using what I have. Because I really like this idea. Stickler for details and all.
I already tried that with the SweetlySynnD patch, they don't fray. You can cut off the outer marrowed stitch (there's too much outer black material on her patch anyway) and sew it to black denim. Sewing is the way to go NOT glue.

Well we got another! With the help of 7centsvern providing us with a good photo I paid the digitizing fee and got us another patch. $7.95 plus shipping from SweetlySynnD. She is having some issue with her etsy store right now but you can order them from another store she has called PatchManiaCo. It's the same person. The patch is 3×3 and is more accurate than the Popculturecrafts patch.
20210714_175818.jpg
2021-06-19.jpg

Last edited:
Well we got another! With the help of 7centsvern providing us with a good photo I paid the digitizing fee and got us another patch. $7.95 plus shipping from SweetlySynnD. She is having some issue with her etsy store right now but you can order them from another store she has called PatchManiaCo. It's the same person. The patch is 3×3 and is more accurate than the Popculturecrafts patch.View attachment 1476220View attachment 1476243
Awesome!! I actually paid Popculturecrafts to redo this one as well but I haven't heard anything about it or seen anything in over a month...

Last edited:
Awesome!! I actually paid Popculturecrafts to redo this one as well but I haven't heard anything about it or seen anything in over a month...
I asked them literally months ago multiple times about re-doing their's and got zero response so I had SweetlySynnD do one. They finally got back to me a couple of weeks ago and said they were super busy with their normal job and would be back to making patches after the 4th of July and that was a week ago and I still haven't heard back yet. I understand this is just a side gig for them but I wish they would communicate a little better. Oh well I guess we just have to wait some more LOL. I don't doubt they will be back at some point, but the question is when....

One thing I did notice about this patch is there is at least three variations of it same as some of the other patches. This version is 3" and the skulls glowing yellow eye part is the medium size. Some of the other variations I've seen on Marko's jacket appear to be slightly larger, maybe 3-1/4" and the glowing yellow part is bigger. The two versions I've seen in person were both 3" with smaller yellow and to try and hassle with telling SweetlySynnD how to add more yellow would have been a pain. Maybe when you do contact Popculturecrafts you can have them do the 3-1/4" version with the larger yellow eyes. I'd be curious to see that one as well.
2021-06-19 (1).jpg
Capture+_2020-06-01-14-39-00.png

Last edited:
Awesome! Can someome upload pictures of their jackets where the tapestry’s start and end? I printed of the back and front tapestry from contrado, in the size that was suggested but the front women seems to be a bit short but n the width side.
I will get them done again with the accurate measurements to be screen accurate, thanks to the awesome guys who have given pics with ruler measurements.
I have a size 40 jacket but it’s not Levi’s so maybe that’s what’s throwing the pic it seems too close to the colour and has a big gap by the shoulder/arm part

Awesome! Can someome upload pictures of their jackets where the tapestry’s start and end? I printed of the back and front tapestry from contrado, in the size that was suggested but the front women seems to be a bit short but n the width side.
I will get them done again with the accurate measurements to be screen accurate, thanks to the awesome guys who have given pics with ruler measurements.
I have a size 40 jacket but it’s not Levi’s so maybe that’s what’s throwing the pic it seems too close to the colour and has a big gap by the shoulder/arm part
Page 29 post # 570

Yeah but the lady on the front seems wider?
Did you cut off the piece of red that was added, because that was intentionally added to give it more width and that part goes under the matador sky part piece. I'm at work right now but I have a real tapestry and a repo and I'll measure both to compare the size and let you know. I do think the repo is correct though. Do you have a photo of what your talking about?
Test Cleo Print V5~2.jpg
20210620_103955~2.jpg

Yeah but the lady on the front seems wider?
Okay I hate admiting I'm wrong, but you were right and I was wrong LOL. The front snake lady the width we are currently using is 85% meaning it is a little less than 1" overall of what it's supposed to be and the height is 90% meaning it's about 1/2" smaller than it should be. The pattern boarder for the collar however IS correct. I did not know this information because I just recently acquired a real tapestry. Also my repro red just isn't red enough and the yellow could be brighter. I don't know if Contrado can darken it up a bit or maybe adjust your color extra vibrant before placing the order. Here is another picture someone may want to use to have printed.
20210715_155804.jpg
20210715_160156.jpg
20210715_160616~2.jpg
20210718_164941~2.jpg

Last edited:
Okay I hate admiting I'm wrong, but you were right and I was wrong LOL. Okay the front snake lady the width we are currently using is 85% meaning it is a little less than 1" overall of what it's supposed to be and the height is 90% meaning it's about 1/2" smaller than it should be. The pattern boarder for the collar however IS correct. I did not know this information because I just recently acquired a real tapestry. Also my repro red just isn't red enough and the yellow could be brighter. I don't know if Contrado can darken it up a bit or maybe adjust your color extra vibrant before placing the order. Here is another picture someone may want to use to have printed.View attachment 1476452View attachment 1476453View attachment 1476454
Is the jacket you are showing here the first one you made?

Okay I hate admiting I'm wrong, but you were right and I was wrong LOL. Okay the front snake lady the width we are currently using is 85% meaning it is a little less than 1" overall of what it's supposed to be and the height is 90% meaning it's about 1/2" smaller than it should be. The pattern boarder for the collar however IS correct. I did not know this information because I just recently acquired a real tapestry. Also my repro red just isn't red enough and the yellow could be brighter. I don't know if Contrado can darken it up a bit or maybe adjust your color extra vibrant before placing the order. Here is another picture someone may want to use to have printed.View attachment 1476452View attachment 1476453View attachment 1476454
Ah that’s ****! But a good thing that you picked up on it now, so you can rectify it If you so wish. And I’m pretty sure you do
thank you for uploading it again with the measurements, I like your version of the woman’s face. I will get it printed off with contrado when I get paid. I bet they are thinking what’s up with these guys

Ah that’s ****! But a good thing that you picked up on it now, so you can rectify it If you so wish. And I’m pretty sure you do
thank you for uploading it again with the measurements, I like your version of the woman’s face. I will get it printed off with contrado when I get paid. I bet they are thinking what’s up with these guys
The Cleopatra and collar piece are correct in size and color, and actually very good reproductions. The snake lady is only slightly under size and in my opinion pretty good. If someone is wanting total perfection I can appreciate that, and that's why I uploaded another photo of her.
The problem is we never had all this good info until the last year. I had voiced my frustration about that on this post awhile back about people not sharing information. So that is why I try to be as helpful as I can and share as much as I can and it seems other people are doing the same now which is really awesome.

So appreciate your help! So thankful this exists. <3 If ever I can help I will. I know when it comes to putting it together I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I don't want to screw it up.

So appreciate your help! So thankful this exists. <3 If ever I can help I will. I know when it comes to putting it together I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I don't want to screw it up.
All the Jackets are different and we don't have any complete photo documentation of any specific one, so were left with looking at multiple jackets to get an idea. Honestly, I just say have fun with it and don't obsess over the details to a point that it becomes unfun. There is room for interpretation.

All the Jackets are different and we don't have any complete photo documentation of any specific one, so were left with looking at multiple jackets to get an idea. Honestly, I just say have fun with it and don't obsess over the details to a point that it becomes unfun. There is room for interpretation.
For sure. I do want it as accurate as I can get it though. My main worry is cutting wrong on the only tapestries I have. I'll still be fun regardless.

For sure. I do want it as accurate as I can get it though. My main worry is cutting wrong on the only tapestries I have. I'll still be fun regardless.
Before you start cutting PM me, I can tell you things to look out for if you want. I used pinstripe masking tape to lay out my cut lines first so I knew exactly how I wanted to cut it. Like for example, the leopard is cut at an angle at the top NOT straight across, and make sure there is some blue sky left around the ear. For some reason I struggled with that on both jackets. Also the back left piece from the peacock that has the building, there is two ways to do that depending on what direction your peacock faces. That also applies to the tail feathers on the arm, there is two ways for that too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back