lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

1C5E4002-A2DA-4992-BCC0-A767CE63202F.png

It’s funny how many alternative versions their are off the designs on the marko jacket, this is on eBay right now, unfortunately not the correct one and a crazy price.
but it’s cool to see

View attachment 1474281
It’s funny how many alternative versions their are off the designs on the marko jacket, this is on eBay right now, unfortunately not the correct one and a crazy price.
but it’s cool to see
Yeah I saw that, it sucks its blue. They're basing the price on a correct one that sold on ebay two weeks earlier, I bid on it but it got higher than I wanted to pay. I'm sure someone here bought it.
I messaged the seller with the blue one and explained that to him and he still thinks he'll get his price LOL.
Screenshot_20210707-180204_Chrome.jpg

Hey thanks for all the
These pics are an update I got from Brandon and the Jacket he made that started this thread... He's put a LOT of research in and after he told me about the Chain Stitching, you just can't un-see it in close ups of the Original Jackets. If you zoom in on any pics you have of the Originals (the prop store pics are the best which I've attached... This is an Original Jacket. Zoom in on Pic 4 & Pic 6) - I'm 110% certain both are defiantly Chain Stitched. It's case closed for me ;)

I'm always happy to help btw but you're all wayyy further on than me with actually putting yours together. I've been collecting bits and gathering knowledge for 7/nearly 8 years now and I'm in no rush whatsoever to make mine until I know and have everything to do it 100% correct :)

I believe you (pennywise) and myself are only two of a few lucky ones to have a Cleo and a Snake Lady? They're out there (I even spoke to the son of the Ha-Va-Ti company and even he couldn't help telling me what the two lady taps were called! I'd love to one day find the paper each tap came with)

I've also spoke to Susan Becker who made the Jackets and she said roughly 6 Jackets were made in total. I know the whereabouts of a few but no owner has ever wanted to help have replicas made (which I understand) one even blocked me when I asked for pics of his.

I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about what I've uncovered/collected/dead ends/pics etc but in all honesty... Over the past year or so you've all dug up wayyy more info than those of us who have been researching this for like I say 7/8years for me.

If I think of any other useful info I'll happily share. My build literally just needs a few Original Patches (or super close replicas) and I can finally begin making it (I've enough bits to make two or three and an inverted Jacket too)

I don't think I'll be cutting into my Cleo or Snake Lady mind... I intend on taking super hi res pics and getting the best prints possible made from those.

I'm based in the UK too so it's been a costly process so far (that's why I dip in and out of the whole process) the daily search for Lady Taps was so gruelling that now I have them I kind of kick back and be patient for any Patches to pop up. I'm in no rush.

NOTE TO THOSE WHO ARE NEW: This Jacket takes Patience. Lots and lots of Patients.
Hey thanks for all the great info LWinteringham, I too am really on the fence about cutting up this Cleopatra Tapestry. The Chi Chi Furnishings Velour is very close and I may not cut mine either and reprint mine as well to the correct specifications from Contrado. The Cleopatra is good but the leopard strip is too small. The tapestry is brand new never used and it's so dam nice I hate to cut it up. I did think of you when I got it and was looking for the paper you were talking about but it didn't come with it.

Last edited:
I am going to have to completely rethink my opinion of this man.
Yeah outside of his celebrity juice show he’s a real talented artist! He made all lost boys jackets and he even sculpts with clay and makes things that look great, his channel Keith lemon doings shows all his art being made. The lost boy jacket is not movie accurate but definitely well made.

Yeah I saw that, it sucks its blue. They're basing the price on a correct one that sold on ebay two weeks earlier, I bid on it but it got higher than I wanted to pay. I'm sure someone here bought it.
I messaged the seller with the blue one and explained that to him and he still thinks he'll get his price LOL.View attachment 1474290
Yeah I hate it when people do this, i understand they are highly sought after but those kind of prices are straight up Ludicrous, especially as it’s not even the right colours. Plus if I paid that I don’t think I could cut it up either

BE81062D-AC8D-4961-BCC7-38275DABB173.png
F2AB232A-0D22-411A-8E1E-95719B1FF48B.png
88DD3DDA-DD02-4FDA-9B2C-9B07490D1D3F.png
Talking about Keith lemon, he’s obsessed with lost boys and has just had this escooter chopper hybrid made! I ride a chopper myself but recently have been thinking about getting a Honda XR and turning it into the marko bike as best as I can.

snake woman.jpg

This is the version that I have. Red background, however, you can see that the border is incorrect. Thankfully I have scraps from another tapestry that are the correct and hopefully I have enough of it. I paid $100 for this one. I might try to use a replica of this however because I love it and I don't want to destroy it.

These pics are an update I got from Brandon and the Jacket he made that started this thread... He's put a LOT of research in and after he told me about the Chain Stitching, you just can't un-see it in close ups of the Original Jackets. If you zoom in on any pics you have of the Originals (the prop store pics are the best which I've attached... This is an Original Jacket. Zoom in on Pic 4 & Pic 6) - I'm 110% certain both are defiantly Chain Stitched. It's case closed for me ;)

I'm always happy to help btw but you're all wayyy further on than me with actually putting yours together. I've been collecting bits and gathering knowledge for 7/nearly 8 years now and I'm in no rush whatsoever to make mine until I know and have everything to do it 100% correct :)

I believe you (pennywise) and myself are only two of a few lucky ones to have a Cleo and a Snake Lady? They're out there (I even spoke to the son of the Ha-Va-Ti company and even he couldn't help telling me what the two lady taps were called! I'd love to one day find the paper each tap came with)

I've also spoke to Susan Becker who made the Jackets and she said roughly 6 Jackets were made in total. I know the whereabouts of a few but no owner has ever wanted to help have replicas made (which I understand) one even blocked me when I asked for pics of his.

I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about what I've uncovered/collected/dead ends/pics etc but in all honesty... Over the past year or so you've all dug up wayyy more info than those of us who have been researching this for like I say 7/8years for me.

If I think of any other useful info I'll happily share. My build literally just needs a few Original Patches (or super close replicas) and I can finally begin making it (I've enough bits to make two or three and an inverted Jacket too)

I don't think I'll be cutting into my Cleo or Snake Lady mind... I intend on taking super hi res pics and getting the best prints possible made from those.

I'm based in the UK too so it's been a costly process so far (that's why I dip in and out of the whole process) the daily search for Lady Taps was so gruelling that now I have them I kind of kick back and be patient for any Patches to pop up. I'm in no rush.

NOTE TO THOSE WHO ARE NEW: This Jacket takes Patience. Lots and lots of Patients.
It sounds like you and I are in the same boat! I'm in no hurry because I want it as exact as I can get it. I have bought a few things that I won't be able to use as they don't match up to the original. One including the ghost rider arm patch. I just bought a pack of squid lures on an excited whim that I wish I hadn't. They are close. Purple and orange but...I tried to take back the purchase and couldn't. Thankfully they weren't expensive. I have a few of these original jacket files saved from when it went up on ebay. I just about sold my soul trying to nab it, but the bids went WAY too high of course.

So I mentioned a few posts back that the lady on the front has a different face from the other border tapestries, it may not be a big deal but seems they must have made changes probably 70s/80s or something, that is the correct version has the updated stuff even colour graded better. Although the blue border one has faded it for sure is different.

20210711_185540.jpg

20210711_185630.jpg

20210711_185619.jpg

The irony, searching for the tapestries (front and back ladies) for about 3 years almost daily searches, seen 3 of each pop-up in that time. Got mine about 4 months apart towards Oct 2020. In the past 3 weeks about 4 have popped up in different colours / borders. I think people are seeing how one sold and the price 300 US and selling theirs or something but least its good for us collecting them.

Given how rare these tapestries are, I was refraining from cutting them up. I'll likely be cutting up the correct version and hanging the other since the scene has some cool stuff I didn't see before like the lizard.

20210711_185727.jpg

I should have spares (border) after I've taken 2 that I need for my jackets, I'll post on here if anyone wants some but I probably won't be cutting it right away. Also some other offcuts from other tapestries.

Is anyone else making other Lost Boys jackets like Dwaynes or Pauls?

Can you send me a good picture of your tapestry? As good as the one you have taken but with the other half showing?
I’ve started the jacket too, I have one tapestry the matador, I want to get the others printed off on to fabric, as a temporary stand in, untill I get the real tapestries, and as I could be waiting years, I would like to have a rough mock up, I can then change the pieces out with real ones when they are available, is that possible? You’d be doing me a solid.
Hey! I pmd you! Sorry for the late reply but I thought I would share this in case anyone else wanted the pictures as well. Hope this helps! The only thing cut off is the tassels on the side of the tapestry.

Attachments

• 1F2F140F-4BCB-44E6-84B4-90ADE2238F43.jpeg
    1F2F140F-4BCB-44E6-84B4-90ADE2238F43.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 95
  • 0144A255-36A6-4E56-851A-393800134E0E.jpeg
    0144A255-36A6-4E56-851A-393800134E0E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 88
  • FF4BA459-C214-46C2-84EA-5933C6612895.jpeg
    FF4BA459-C214-46C2-84EA-5933C6612895.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
Here's my progress, I just have it pinned not sewn yet. Going to move them up a lil to lessen the gap and trim the bottom edge. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• received_571484210883337.jpeg
    received_571484210883337.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 95
  • received_565289311511642.jpeg
    received_565289311511642.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 113
Thats
So I mentioned a few posts back that the lady on the front has a different face from the other border tapestries, it may not be a big deal but seems they must have made changes probably 70s/80s or something, that is the correct version has the updated stuff even colour graded better. Although the blue border one has faded it for sure is different.

View attachment 1475300
View attachment 1475301
View attachment 1475302

The irony, searching for the tapestries (front and back ladies) for about 3 years almost daily searches, seen 3 of each pop-up in that time. Got mine about 4 months apart towards Oct 2020. In the past 3 weeks about 4 have popped up in different colours / borders. I think people are seeing how one sold and the price 300 US and selling theirs or something but least its good for us collecting them.

Given how rare these tapestries are, I was refraining from cutting them up. I'll likely be cutting up the correct version and hanging the other since the scene has some cool stuff I didn't see before like the lizard.

View attachment 1475303

I should have spares (border) after I've taken 2 that I need for my jackets, I'll post on here if anyone wants some but I probably won't be cutting it right away. Also some other offcuts from other tapestries.

Is anyone else making other Lost Boys jackets like Dwaynes or Pauls?
That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

Here's my progress, I just have it pinned not sewn yet. Going to move them up a lil to lessen the gap and trim the bottom edge. Any suggestions?
Is there a reason for the big gap in the middle I'm not understanding? If it's because of the size of your jacket is big I would add the piece you cut off the bottom of the leopard and peacock back on and shift it up. Pieces of the tapestries normally cut off you may have to leave on since the movie jacket us only a medium. Also you might want you consider printing out your ladies from Contrado bigger to take up the extra space.

Last edited:
It sounds like you and I are in the same boat! I'm in no hurry because I want it as exact as I can get it. I have bought a few things that I won't be able to use as they don't match up to the original. One including the ghost rider arm patch. I just bought a pack of squid lures on an excited whim that I wish I hadn't. They are close. Purple and orange but...I tried to take back the purchase and couldn't. Thankfully they weren't expensive. I have a few of these original jacket files saved from when it went up on ebay. I just about sold my soul trying to nab it, but the bids went WAY too high of course.
What did it sell for!!!!!!! I never knew...

Looks like you've done the same as me. As I'm a bigger guy I had to get a XLarge jacket and more tapestry is required but also Markos jacket was a medium and also cut short (I think it was 2-4 inches off the bottom. Page 28 of this thread pennywise helped to confirm for me. This would normally leave a big section either in between the 2 front tapestries or a bigger spot at the top. This is one of the reasons I'm working on jacket No.2 - One true to Markos / No.1 for me to wear on special occasions haha

There has been new pictures posted of the "ladies" complete with measurements, just crop them to what you need. Measure the space on your jacket that needs to be filled and order whatever size you need from Contrado. It should be fairly straight forward, just take your time because the Contrado ordering process can be a little confusing sometimes.

So I've been working on a side project for the Warriors patch. I did two separate ones. One from SweetlySynnD and the other from sonyatf on eBay. We have talked about her shop in the past so I wanted people to have options.
The patch on the right is SweetlySynnD's Warriors patch with the marrowed edge stitch removed and then sewn with a machine to black denim. The patch is $38 with shipping, $20 to sew it to the denim, and about $10 for the black denim from Walmart. Total $68
The patch on the left is from sonyatf on eBay she will use the same black denim from Walmart, or you can send her some. She ships it un-cut so you can do the fraying on your own how you like it $30 total, shipping included. Yes that is correct, almost $40 less than SweetlySynnD.
I personally like SweetlySynnD's stitch work a little better, but I think sonyatf did a really great job on this and her prices and services are hard to beat. Just a quick shout out for Sonya.
20210712_181518~2.jpg

So I've been working on a side project for the Warriors patch. I did two separate ones. One from SweetlySynnD and the other from sonyatf on eBay. We have talked about her shop in the past so I wanted people to have options.
The patch on the right is SweetlySynnD's Warriors patch with the marrowed edge stitch removed and then sewn with a machine to black denim. The patch is $38 with shipping, $20 to sew it to the denim, and about $10 for the black denim from Walmart. Total $68
The patch on the left is from sonyatf on eBay she will use the same black denim from Walmart, or you can send her some. She ships it un-cut so you can do the fraying on your own how you like it $30 total, shipping included. Yes that is correct, almost $40 less than SweetlySynnD.
I personally like SweetlySynnD's stitch work a little better, but I think sonyatf did a really great job on this and her prices and services are hard to beat. Just a quick shout out for Sonya.View attachment 1475651
So I have one from Sonya, but I'm not sure what you mean by the denim...

Also, there were two screen used jackets sold. One was a hero model and the other had a hole in it from when Marko gets staked. I had at the time well over $3,000 in savings and they both went above and beyond that in price. The actual selling price I can't remember, but it was me and another friend bidding. She went higher but you know how ebay is, they have those automatic bidders that always beat you when it's something like that and that is what happened to her. Otherwise she would have one. Very frustrating.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back