lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

Hey all!
I have the matador, the leopard and just won a bid on a peacock but with a blue sky instead of red i figure i'll just fabric dye it.
I need help on getting the 24 patches and the 2 women for the chest and back piece. any links or tips greatly appreciated.
also i know its not film acurate but i plan on making mine with a zipper closure.
oh and the squid lures what are the colors on the should and what length should i get?
Contrado is the company and the fabric is "chi-chi furnishings velour". Print at 20"×41". About $30
Test Cleo Print V5.jpg

Hey all!
I have the matador, the leopard and just won a bid on a peacock but with a blue sky instead of red i figure i'll just fabric dye it.
I need help on getting the 24 patches and the 2 women for the chest and back piece. any links or tips greatly appreciated.
also i know its not film acurate but i plan on making mine with a zipper closure.
oh and the squid lures what are the colors on the should and what length should i get?
SweetlySynnD on etsy $97 dollars shipped. Ordering is tricky with her PM me before ordering for correct ordering details so your order doesn't get screwed up.
icm_fullxfull.329960523_7v1bu5kyt1k4go8oc04c.jpg

I have these so far, I recently won the peacock but it has a blue sky instead of red, I figure I'll just fabric dye it.
Ordered the women and borders from contrado.
And talking with popcoutureculture about a set of patches.
What jackets did you all use for your base?

Attachments

• 20210419_194644.jpg
    20210419_194644.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 85
  • 20210419_194637.jpg
    20210419_194637.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 137
I have these so far, I recently won the peacock but it has a blue sky instead of red, I figure I'll just fabric dye it.
Ordered the women and borders from contrado.
And talking with popcoutureculture about a set of patches.
What jackets did you all use for your base?
I wouldn't try dying it, all you will do is make a mess and waste your money. Just use the blue one as a place holder until you find a red one. As for the jacket, the original was a medium black levis but any black denim jacket will do. Also your leopard is facing the wrong way but is still totally useable. The front wont be very noticeable, just the tail in the back will not look correct. Also you could use the red sky commonly found Taj Mahal peacock. Just an Idea. Heres a jacket someone made that is not movie accurate but still very cool none the less. I like the buttons he added.
il_794xN.2890381782_sgpe.jpg
CSAmcF-XAAA5X_l.jpg

Yeah, I think he is a wrestler and he made a couple of Marko jackets as like his intro and probably a collectable. He was selling one of his jackets that wasn't 100% Markos but it was like 80% of the original tapestries and patches, he was selling it in the Lost Boys FB groups to people who wanted a kind of head start. I actually messaged to see how much he was selling to try obtain the female lady tapestries for my jacket, but on one of the comments I seen someone mention the rear Cleopatra lady and he said that he found one at a store and called them up and they had more and he bought the lot (like 4) and he made his jackets and sold the other remainder tapestries to collectors making Markos jackets. This is going back almost 1 1/2 years so no longer obtainable.

Out of all the tapestries I bought, the 2x female tapestries (and ones previously sold), seemed to all been gathered by antique stores / vintage stores rather than individual sellers, I guess people find them and relist under

Yeah, I think he is a wrestler and he made a couple of Marko jackets as like his intro and probably a collectable. He was selling one of his jackets that wasn't 100% Markos but it was like 80% of the original tapestries and patches, he was selling it in the Lost Boys FB groups to people who wanted a kind of head start. I actually messaged to see how much he was selling to try obtain the female lady tapestries for my jacket, but on one of the comments I seen someone mention the rear Cleopatra lady and he said that he found one at a store and called them up and they had more and he bought the lot (like 4) and he made his jackets and sold the other remainder tapestries to collectors making Markos jackets. This is going back almost 1 1/2 years so no longer obtainable.

Out of all the tapestries I bought, the 2x female tapestries (and ones previously sold), seemed to all been gathered by antique stores / vintage stores rather than individual sellers, I guess people find them and relist under their stores.
Vinny is a friend of mine. He has made several Replicas and sold them over the years, but is pretty much out of the game now. He was formerly a Member of Matt Taven's group "The Kingdom" and the three of them wore his Replicas of some of the Lost Boys jackets (some one posted the video clip of them) after that he made a Jacket very much in the Style of Marko's but with much more added to it. I sent him my parts of the first Leopard I used when I made my first version, and he used them on his Jacket that he would wear to tge Ring in Ring of Honor Wrestling. He later sold that Jacket on Facebook and has left The Kingdom to formerly his own Stable.

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread lately as I used to use the Tapatalk App to navigate this board, but after a recent update I've been unable to log in on the App and have to use my Chrome Browser on my phone, and it's not as easy as it was so it reaches the limits of my Attention Span very quickly, lol

Haha that's cool. I guess people making this jacket are all a tight knitted community.

Found something quite interesting. I had a Lost Boys video with 'Lay your hands on me' by Bon Jovi but it was removed (it wasn't my video I just liked it and was on my YT likes), but I've just searched the official video and check out his jacket...

0430a46c41b5a2a86cc81fb5f7b0569a.jpg
9d73e4b1f804ede539e7c6624e76a57e (1).jpg
ae7ecd9fd2b3b854b2d2a18040f9cc2c.jpg

2d911daed452f2a9de71c262e03a1983.jpg

I'm gonna say that he was heavily influenced by Markos jacket or someone who made Markos jacket made this one too since Bon Jovi released the song 1 year after LB's. Some of the same patches if not, I've seen these patches before mixed as job lots with Markos patches (13 skull, Repent etc). Seems like they purchased and these are the reminder ones.

Also the style of how this jacket is put together. Although Markos is a Levi's, I do believe that it might of been cut shorter than normal. If you check the Cheetah Tapestry on the jacket it stops at the feet and ears, and some of the reminder is at the top just above the lady. Then the lady and the other part of the grass but its not really a big portion. Either he wore really small jacket and I'm just bigger taking more portions of the tapestries but also check out this.

4332156.jpg

Capture+_2021-02-28-10-30-46_2.png

original-lost-boys-jacket-rare_1_f4fac4d03ebbdcc6319cca4ca8e85bcc (1).jpg

If you look at the rear of the jacket the Levi is frayed on both images (right of the yellow mark). I think most of us who created the jacket just went over it (covered) with the tapestries. Here is a Levi how it's normally.

asdasd.JPG

In conclusion I think Markos jacket at a few inches or so removed from the base.

Haha that's cool. I guess people making this jacket are all a tight knitted community.

Found something quite interesting. I had a Lost Boys video with 'Lay your hands on me' by Bon Jovi but it was removed (it wasn't my video I just liked it and was on my YT likes), but I've just searched the official video and check out his jacket...

View attachment 1451820View attachment 1451819View attachment 1451818
View attachment 1451823

I'm gonna say that he was heavily influenced by Markos jacket or someone who made Markos jacket made this one too since Bon Jovi released the song 1 year after LB's. Some of the same patches if not, I've seen these patches before mixed as job lots with Markos patches (13 skull, Repent etc). Seems like they purchased and these are the reminder ones.

Also the style of how this jacket is put together. Although Markos is a Levi's, I do believe that it might of been cut shorter than normal. If you check the Cheetah Tapestry on the jacket it stops at the feet and ears, and some of the reminder is at the top just above the lady. Then the lady and the other part of the grass but its not really a big portion. Either he wore really small jacket and I'm just bigger taking more portions of the tapestries but also check out this.

View attachment 1451822
View attachment 1451829
View attachment 1451828

If you look at the rear of the jacket the Levi is frayed on both images (right of the yellow mark). I think most of us who created the jacket just went over it (covered) with the tapestries. Here is a Levi how it's normally.

View attachment 1451830

In conclusion I think Markos jacket at a few inches or so removed from the base.
His jacket is a size 40 which is a medium. The cuffs and bottom of the jacket were cut off right below the seam.
Capture+_2021-04-29-19-04-48~2.png

$8.95 plus shipping 3-4 weeks from SweetlySynnD on etsy. The digitizing fee is already paid 3"×4". I'm not entirely happy with the patch. One, I think the tail is too big. Two, the wings are not connected to the head. And three, the banner is tapered, not square. The wings are kind of squashed down too, maybe if the tail is a little smaller she can fix that also. I'm looking into having these changes made and will post a follow-up later.
Capture+_2021-05-07-04-21-29~2.png
2021-03-20.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the skull and cross bones patch on the lower right sleeve from PopCoutureCrafts is too small. I believe the correct one is here at Macoy Masonic store 4"×5-1/2" for $8. I'm going to order one and see. I'll post a follow up later.
Capture+_2021-05-06-18-26-55.png

Something else I recently discovered was what that piece of material is on Markos collar.View attachment 1451874View attachment 1451875
Or it could be one of these.... It does seem to have a very little bit of white between the two black areas if I'm seeing it correctly. It has to be one if them, but which one is the question. Any input would be welcome. Im going to do some measuring with the skull patch that goes over it.
Capture+_2021-05-12-11-16-43~2.png
Capture+_2021-05-12-11-25-59~2.png

Last edited:
Or it could be one of these.... It does seem to have a very little bit of white between the two black areas if I'm seeing it correctly. It has to be one if them, but which one is the question. Any input would be welcome. Im going to do some measuring with the skull patch that goes over it.View attachment 1457173View attachment 1457200
To me it looks more like it's from the picture on the left as I'm looking at the screen. But it is hard to tell.

Looks like they shredded or frayed the edges and it exposed more white fabric?
The white I'm referring to is between the two black lines on the red, not the edges. I agree that is fraying and also the the white felt from the skull patch. I haven't had a change to do the physical research yet because I've been busy with normal life stuff, but as soon as I do I'll post my findings.
Capture+_2021-05-14-19-48-20~2.png

The squid lures are evading me. I can't seem to find them anywhere. ARGH!
Almost Alive Lures sells a 13" solid orange and blue. I'm going to cut them in half and crazy glue them together. Instead of trying to glue it all at once, just glue a little bit at a time, crazy glue dries fast and should bond the rubber well. As a matter of fact it looks like one of the movie jackets they actually did that because I noticed it had TWO black dots for the eye leading me to believe they did just that. Probably because they didn't have enough blue and orange lures.
Capture+_2021-05-16-14-38-57~2.png

Almost Alive Lures sells a 13" solid orange and blue. I'm going to cut them in half and crazy glue them together. Instead of trying to glue it all at once, just glue a little bit at a time, crazy glue dries fast and should bond the rubber well. As a matter of fact it looks like one of the movie jackets they actually did that because I noticed it had TWO black dots for the eye leading me to believe they did just that. Probably because they didn't have enough blue and orange lures.View attachment 1458469
I've noticed on a couple of the other jackets he wore as well that the lures are not identical. Thanks for the info!

I've noticed on a couple of the other jackets he wore as well that the lures are not identical. Thanks for the info!
Actually I'm pretty sure Alex Winter only wore one specific jacket for the promo shots and movie. All the others were stunt and back-up jackets that were never actually worn by him. Even in this picture of the vampire staking scene he's wearing his own jacket. You had the motorcycle, the bridge, and the killing scenes that would have required a stunt back-up. I think there was probably only four jackets total. The stunt and hero that went to auction, The Great White Hype that was gutted and ruined, and the movie/ promo jacket.
tumblr_pcrm98iqxP1st97oco1_1280~2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back