lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

pennywise - I've seen those titles before but I doubt the slip of paper that the tapestries came with had long titles... They'd have been simple like "Cave Lady" or "Cleo" - I've even spoke to the son of the HA-VA-Ti company and he couldn't even remember the names! I've spoke to Ramallah Trading Company (RT) also and they couldn't remember either! I did a lot of digging but then when I sourced both of my tapestries I gave up researching (such a weight was lifted)

Here's what the slip would look like...View attachment 1436839
Nobody has identified these before on the RPF, I identified both. Maybe if people have this type of information they could share it with other people instead of keeping to themselves. I also posted a high res pic of the Cleo and told people about Contrado to have it printed. I offered vendor sources for patches and paid the digitizing fees so others wouldn't have to. I posted the movie jackets size 40. I have also helped quite a few members here to locate their leopard and peacock. The problem is I feel people dont want to share info because 1.) too lazy 2.) they dont want anyone to have what they have, they want to be one of the only ones. There has been a few members here that have been super helpful, and some that have totally blown me off when I asked a question. Its not just the Lost Boys Marko jacket, they do the same BS with the Star Wars, Dredd, ect., ect. here on the RPF. Its a lousy mind set.

I've typed all sorts of names on Etsy and ebay for this one. It's called "semiramis"?
It was called: Rare MCM ca1970s Semiramis Revived Driving 5 BIG CATS Tapestry Wall

I actually found another tapestry in Turkey but it has been sold, however, this is an original with the side cotton spools or so. The ones on Markos jacket are the reproduction ones that are much cleaner artwork.

tap.JPG

It was called: Rare MCM ca1970s Semiramis Revived Driving 5 BIG CATS Tapestry Wall

I actually found another tapestry in Turkey but it has been sold, however, this is an original with the side cotton spools or so. The ones on Markos jacket are the reproduction ones that are much cleaner artwork.

View attachment 1437223
You mean that's what your search brought up not the name on the bit of paper that came with it originally? I've never heard of or seen anyone who has the paper slip they came with.

Here's a good picture of this patch. I have yet to find a vintage one the correct size and pattern, this one is too big but it's the correct design. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and pay the digitizing fee and get it reproduced very soon. I'll post when I do so, so others can get it if they want.
s-l400~2.jpg

You mean that's what your search brought up not the name on the bit of paper that came with it originally? I've never heard of or seen anyone who has the paper slip they came with.
Sorry, it was just the name of the listing not the actual tapestry commercial. I don't think anyone would have that information given how rare they are. I did hear that one guy (I think Vinny?) mentioned on a Facebook group that he found a store selling the rear Cleopatra lady tapestry and scored like 4 of them at once, potentially they had the paper insert / name.

I got 2x of the front chariot lady tapestry and they differ slightly, 1 the face is different and also more colourful. I'll take pictures when I get the chance

Here's the old patch and a newer one. The correct old patch is 3 inches across and about 4 inches tall.

Attachments

• 2021-03-20.jpg
    2021-03-20.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
  • 2021-03-20 (1).jpg
    2021-03-20 (1).jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 100
Sorry, it was just the name of the listing not the actual tapestry commercial. I don't think anyone would have that information given how rare they are. I did hear that one guy (I think Vinny?) mentioned on a Facebook group that he found a store selling the rear Cleopatra lady tapestry and scored like 4 of them at once, potentially they had the paper insert / name.

I got 2x of the front chariot lady tapestry and they differ slightly, 1 the face is different and also more colourful. I'll take pictures when I get the chance
My gawd FOUR! I wonder what he did with them....

Four eh? Where can I find this "Vinny"? ;)

Yeah, I think he is a wrestler and he made a couple of Marko jackets as like his intro and probably a collectable. He was selling one of his jackets that wasn't 100% Markos but it was like 80% of the original tapestries and patches, he was selling it in the Lost Boys FB groups to people who wanted a kind of head start. I actually messaged to see how much he was selling to try obtain the female lady tapestries for my jacket, but on one of the comments I seen someone mention the rear Cleopatra lady and he said that he found one at a store and called them up and they had more and he bought the lot (like 4) and he made his jackets and sold the other remainder tapestries to collectors making Markos jackets. This is going back almost 1 1/2 years so no longer obtainable.

Out of all the tapestries I bought, the 2x female tapestries (and ones previously sold), seemed to all been gathered by antique stores / vintage stores rather than individual sellers, I guess people find them and relist under their stores.

Yeah, I think he is a wrestler and he made a couple of Marko jackets as like his intro and probably a collectable. He was selling one of his jackets that wasn't 100% Markos but it was like 80% of the original tapestries and patches, he was selling it in the Lost Boys FB groups to people who wanted a kind of head start. I actually messaged to see how much he was selling to try obtain the female lady tapestries for my jacket, but on one of the comments I seen someone mention the rear Cleopatra lady and he said that he found one at a store and called them up and they had more and he bought the lot (like 4) and he made his jackets and sold the other remainder tapestries to collectors making Markos jackets. This is going back almost 1 1/2 years so no longer obtainable.

Out of all the tapestries I bought, the 2x female tapestries (and ones previously sold), seemed to all been gathered by antique stores / vintage stores rather than individual sellers, I guess people find them and relist under their stores.
Interesting. I always thought he was a tattoo artist because of the name. Just think how many of these are sitting in someones basement in a box collecting dust...

Vinny and his tag teammates in "The Kingdom" were all wearing his other jackets he made. I think it was Dwayne and Paul's jackets. I saw it on Tv, but I can't find a picture of it.

Attachments

• Vinny_Marseglia_A.png
    Vinny_Marseglia_A.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
So as I said I'm making another jacket and fixing some things I felt could be improved on. I placed an order with PopCoutureCrafts on etsy for a set of their patches. I'm making this post because they have made some improvements worth mentioning. They corrected the "Join the Professionals" patch, they fixed the "Repent skull" to the correct 3", and they made the "Viking" and "1903" on white felt base cloth (needs to be trimmed). Really the only improvement that could be made to this set would be fixing the "Live to Ride Skull" patch. Anyways I'm very happy with the improvements. $120 shipped approximately 3-4 weeks from payment to doorstep.
20210327_160456.jpg

Last edited:
5 mm round cup metallic sequins.
12" squid skirt green/yellow,
orange/ blue.
Vintage black Levis jacket size 40 (medium/ large) with the pockets, cuffs, waist cut off.
Contrado- "Ladies" chichi furnishings velour. Patches canvas sewn with an overlock stitch.
Eagle, skull & cross bones, winged wheel (Ebay).
Large patch lot (PopCoutureCrafts Etsy).
Flamming skulls, warriors, sunglasses skull (SweetlySynnD Etsy).
View attachment 1414804View attachment 1414805View attachment 1414807View attachment 1414808View attachment 1414812View attachment 1414810View attachment 1414809View attachment 1414813
Hey there! I'm in the process of recreating this and I was wondering where you got the Warriors Patch and the big one above it, and also the skull on the black background that sits on his sleeve? Thank you!

Hey all!
I have the matador, the leopard and just won a bid on a peacock but with a blue sky instead of red i figure i'll just fabric dye it.
I need help on getting the 24 patches and the 2 women for the chest and back piece. any links or tips greatly appreciated.
also i know its not film acurate but i plan on making mine with a zipper closure.
oh and the squid lures what are the colors on the should and what length should i get?

Hey all!
I have the matador, the leopard and just won a bid on a peacock but with a blue sky instead of red i figure i'll just fabric dye it.
I need help on getting the 24 patches and the 2 women for the chest and back piece. any links or tips greatly appreciated.
also i know its not film acurate but i plan on making mine with a zipper closure.
oh and the squid lures what are the colors on the should and what length should i get?
PopCoutureCrafts on etsy $120 shipped 3-4 weeks send them the picture with your order. All info is at the top of THIS page.
20210327_160456.jpg

The squid skirts are roughly 12.5" one is green and yellow, the other is blue and orange. Blue and orange does not exist anymore so you will have to improvise.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back