lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

So I thought I might post a list here of all of the patches. Pennywise's list of tapestries, preferred vendors, and reproduction patches on page 41 was tremendously helpful so I thought maybe having a post aimed specifically at all the vintage patches would be a fun and quick way for people to find info on the originals.

I'm sort of curious whether people have seen some of the originals of some of these because I know there's several that I haven't. I'm going to be doing a series of videos once my jacket starts construction so if anyone has any info to share on any of the lesser known patches here, feel free to DM me and I'll update the list. I'll put a little rating next to each based on rarity (in my own experience, if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me as I've only recently started collecting the parts for this jacket). I'll post photos of each patch below the bullet points. Most are just pulled from this thread. If someone is bothered if I used their photo just let me know and I'll delete it no questions asked. Ratings will be posted as:

UR***= Ultra Rare. Virtually nobody has one and there are hardly any photos out there, if any.
R= Rare. Hard to find, but do come up every blue moon. A few members own them and pictures are available of the originals.
U= Uncommon. You can find these with a little patience and persistence, they pop up from time to time.
C= Common. These are basically always around at one time or another, and are easy to find online for sale.

And now, on to the list!
  • Skull & Crossbones w/ Knife Patch (R)— Does anyone have any info about this particular patch? I'd venture a guess to say it's some sort of military patch, but have yet to come across anything. I've seen photos of originals posted in the thread so they must be out there.
Screenshot_20200817-190801.jpg

• Lucky 13 Skull & Crossbones Patch (C) — This patch seems to have been offered multiple places for sale, one of those being on a page of patches available for order in the Johnson Smith Catalog.
lucky13.jpg
johnson smith catalog.jpg

• Flaming Skull Patch #1 (C)— This one seems to be readily available. In my own experience I've found the one with the smaller yellow glow in the eyes a lot more than the larger yellow stitching variations, but both seem to be out there for the most part.
198B05C0-BAFF-41F6-9DA2-B3E69420D95B.jpeg

• Join the Professionals Patch (U)— While I don't personally own this patch yet, it seems to me that it comes up from time to time, so I listed it as uncommon. Originally made by Splash Patches and is referencing The Professionals rock/punk band. Has a few color variations in white, blue, and black. And possibly red if I'm not mistaken?
s-l16004.jpg

• Eagle Motorcycle Patch (UR***) — A vintage generic eagle patch with a shield/emblem that simply says "Motorcycle." Below is a photo of the original patch. Among a sea of very similar eagle patches, this one is difficult to track down.
  • 437926671_1777831019371337_8899777007953117638_n.jpg

• Repent Patch (U) — I've only seen one of the real ones of these come up so far, but they may be around more than I'm thinking so I listed them as uncommon. I'm not really sure what the story is with this patch, maybe a generic biker patch?
icm_fullxfull.276870365_bxjliomv6nswc0g8k0ks.jpg

• No.13 Round Patch (R) — This patch has also alluded me thus far. I've only seen a couple on the board, and pictures are scarce. For something so simple I'm surprised it's not more readily available. I've seen a few other numbers listed with the same design, but never the "13". I'm guessing just a generic number patch for bikers or military?
428387180_400353939250813_7661438861746216847_n.jpg

• Sunglass Skull Patch (R) — Smiling skull patch wearing sunglasses. I've only seen 2 of these patches, one of which I own, and both have a red background as opposed to the original black.
skull patch.jpeg

• Screw U Patch (R) — I've seen a few variations of these available, including one with a red ring around the edge and a black "U" rather than the other way around. Some of them were listed as "Vietnam" patches. Seems to be highly rare too.
428504527_3276601235977787_5815906978393614585_n.jpg

• Wheel w/ Wings #1 Patch (C) — US and Canada police/state trooper motorcycle unit patch. Some additional details from member WeftJamesWeft: "There's a wonderful interview with an ex motorcycle officer which explains the wheel represents the bike and the wings represent how, in the early days of cars and motorcycles they used to chase down the speeding car then jump from their bikes onto the car in order to stop it. "You earned your wings" either by catching the offender or dying." This one is pretty easy to find online.
wheel1.jpg

• Wheel w/ Wings #2 Patch (C) — Originally British military issue. Possibly motorcycle riders linked to the military railway WW1 and WW2 era. Thanks to member WeftJamesWeft for the info!
wheel2.jpg

• Viking Patch (UR***) — I'd really love to know the story behind this patch. It's pretty unique looking. I've seen a black background variation and also read of another member who owns the black version. I've never seen any pictures of an original nor know anyone that owns one other than the owners of the screen-used jacket. Is it Loki? A nameless viking? Since I can't find a photo of the real patch by itself I've included a picture of the reproduction patch that's available.
icm_fullxfull.276870371_rnhvgkrvnpwog4gwos8w.jpg

• Outlaw Patch (UR***) — This is another patch that's surprisingly rare. It seems like it would be easier to locate than a lot of the ones on this list yet the only vintage ones I've seen are on the screen-used jackets. Since I can't find a photo of the real patch of this one either I've included a picture of the reproduction patch that's available. One thing to note is the "W" on the reproductions don't match the originals. The same goes for the "A" and I'm sure other letters as well.

Updated w/photo of an original Outlaw patch.
outlaw.jpg

outlaw.jpg

• Back Off Patch (UR***) — This one, along with the OUTLAW & I DON'T GET MAD... patches all seem to be hard to come by, yet feature a similar style. Never seen a real one of these outside of the screen-used jackets. If anyone has pictures of the originals feel free to DM me them to add below. (Photo below is a reproduction)
back off.jpg

• I Don’t Get Mad I Get Even Patch (UR***) — A member here owns one of these, so they're out there. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen a picture today but here we are lol. (Reproduction image below)
icm_fullxfull.6343306473_bo9d3s7o7jwcgoccgoog.jpg

• Large Masonic Skull & Crossbones Patch (C) — This one is fairly common and readily available. I believe it's the Masonic Skull and Crossbones.
crossbones.jpg

• Small Masonic Skull & Crossbones Patch (R) — Oddly enough, I've never seen the mini version of the Masonic Skull and Crossbones. Maybe someone here owns one? (Photo below is a reproduction)
UPDATE 04/06/23— I found one of the original mini skull patches today. Not sure why but they're infinitely harder to find than their larger counterpart. Pictured below is the original alongside a reproduction from PopCouture and a color variant. This one has been downgraded to rare for now.

small skull.jpg
1712458555797.png
crossbones.jpg

• Flaming Skull #2 Patch (UR***) — I believe a few members here have found this patch, but don't quote me on that. Found by former members to also appear in other Warner Bros. features. A vintage Harley Davidson patch I believe. I'm not positive but I think the below pic is an original patch? Feel free to correct me on that.
UPDATE 04/15/24 original patch located and photo posted on the thread.
437773665_740431811450277_832023793464840076_n.jpg

And a photo of the replica:

flaming skull replica.jpg

• Ride to Live/ Live to Ride Patch Skull w/ Wings (R) — This is a vintage Harley Davidson patch as well. From what I understand there's more than one size out there. I've seen some variations on this patch available but none of the original unfortunately.
2021-03-20.jpg

• Live to Ride/ Ride to Live Small Orange Patch (U) — Since I've been searching I've come across 2 of them. Definitely not easy to find, but not impossible either. All the ones I've seen have been part of a lot. A vintage Harley Davidson patch.
live to ride 1.jpg

• 1903 Patch (U) — I've seen a handful of these now, usually more on the expensive side. Another vintage Harley Davidson patch. There's also another version that's very similar but slightly larger and less accurate.
1903.jpg

• Large Anarchy Patch (UR***) — To my knowledge these haven't been found aside from an uncut sheet I found on eBay with the description, "Original large sheet of unused uncut punk patches from 1982 from the original poseur shop on Melrose in Hollywood...these are deadstock from 1982 and were never used." I feel like I used to see these all the time growing up but maybe it was just the symbol itself rather than the patch.
anarchy.jpeg

• Large Skull Patch (UR***) — See the above description. I've seen a couple in this thread with a slightly less accurate/detailed skull, although the accompanying Anarchy one seems to match.
skull.jpeg

• Ghost Rider Patch (UR***) — I heard the original patches were made for the 1971 film Werewolves on Wheels. Basically nonexistent now. Originally chain-stitched. (Photo is a reproduction)
20230415_235503.png

• Warriors Patch (UR***) — The warbird patch originating from the 1979 film The Warriors, worn on the vests of the gang members in the film. The original is slightly smaller than the replicas from the movie available online. Also nonexistent today. (Photo is a reproduction)
s-l1600.png

• The "A" Patch (C) — The only patch I know of not featured in the film itself and noticeably absent from all the jackets aside from one, the red "A" patch is a shoulder sleeve insignia of the US 9th army from 1944 to 1945. This one is readily available online. Thanks to member WeftJamesWeft for providing the details!
s-l16001.jpg

And thus ends my post on patches. Hopefully other members can shed some light on some of the patches on here. If you have any photos of the originals feel free to DM them to me so I can add them on here.

Attachments

• icm_fullxfull.6343306473_bo9d3s7o7jwcgoccgoog 2.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.6343306473_bo9d3s7o7jwcgoccgoog 2.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 10341540_10154230929435037_8116710699073709318_n_zpsa1e6a99d~2.jpg
    10341540_10154230929435037_8116710699073709318_n_zpsa1e6a99d~2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 195
  • icm_fullxfull.634306473_bo9d3s7o7jwcgoccgoog.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.634306473_bo9d3s7o7jwcgoccgoog.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 195
  • live to ride 1.jpg
    live to ride 1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 2020-08-17 2.jpg
    2020-08-17 2.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 17
  • eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 217
  • s-l16003.jpg
    s-l16003.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 193
  • small skull.jpg
    small skull.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Great post. Just to add to it a little.

The two winged wheel patches.

The one from the front of the jacket is originally british military issue. Possibly motorcycle riders linked to the military railway ww1 and ww2 era.

The other is definitely some sort of US and canada police/state trooper motorcycle unit patch. Theres a wonderful interview with an ex motorcycle officer which explains the wheel represents the bike and the wings represent how, in the early days of cars and motorcycles they used to chase down the speeding car then jump from their bikes onto the car in order to stop it. "You earned your wings" either by catching the offender or dying.

Youd have to complete a tough 80 hour training course in order to even be allowed to ride.

The Intapol website (aimed at uniformed/ emergency services) has a version for sale for 3 dollars only avaliable in the US or canada though. Wont ship outside of these places.

The "troublesome A"...I've heard all sorts of rumours as to what it is but i've found no proof in fact quite the contrary.

After doing more research the A is a shoulder sleeve insignia of the US 9th army from 1944 to 1945.

Does anyone know why its deemed as contentious??

Last edited:
We’ve got battlestations over here lol. Still undecided if I want to wait for more vintage patches to come up or use replicas. I’m going to sell all my extras and Contrado prints with the extra 40 vintage Levi I have once this project is wrapping up. A DIY Marko starter kit lol.

IMG_0723.jpeg

Last edited:
If anyone has any extra vintage patches (that I don't already own) and wants to swap for a collar piece in the future shoot me a DM.

Thanks for the info! I’ll update the post tonight. I completely forgot about that A patch, I have to add that one on there!
The A patch was not in the movie that I ever saw, and to my knowledge only seen on the hero back-up. It is of my belief all the jackets originally had the A patch but for whatever reason they decided to take it off. Thus supporting my theory that the hero back-up was never actually used in the movie and why it still had the A patch when it was originally sold at a Warner Brothers wardrobe lot sale. The second owner removed it and then eventually sold the jacket on the Prop Store to Sean Clark. I'm not sure if the A patch is even note worthy other then why is was briefly spotted on a jacket that was never used. Something else interesting about the hero back-up is the "original" location of the number 13 skull and crossbones. Alex Winter's was torn off during the carosel scuffle scene and sewn back on in a different place.
original-lost-boys-jacket-rare_1_bc27c784fd53a30224624015d1e65177.jpg
914635.jpg

Last edited:
And no that's not Alex wearing the hero back-up. We know this because his jacket was the only jacket that had the blue and yellow number 13 patch OVER the other patches, the other jackets all had it under.
alex-winter-lost-boys-movie-1987-photo-GC.jpg
img_5340.jpg
bd2e6d086d10802bd895365536fc1f5a.jpg

Something else interesting I recently noticed is it appears in a behind the scenes photo of Alex preparing for his death scenes he's wearing "his" coat and not the stunt. This could be because an actual stuntman was used when he fell to the ground and the stunt man was wearing it. However it ALSO appears that Alex is wearing the stunt jacket and not his own when they kill the punks at the beach bonfire. Note the number 13 patch is UNDER the other patches unlike his own...
tumblr_25d33471db02e7619842da56d764088d_9be17bcc_1280.png
1894a0819ddbdc233a7d50e6f67bac29.jpg

Is it possible that sean clarks jacket is the jacket worn in both the beach scene and by Alex in the hanging cave scene? They seem to match up in pictures I have and i remember sean clarks video suggesting the same.
Screenshot_20240330-093931~2.jpg

This appears to be Clarks jacket. At first I thought it was Alexs Hero jacket but then I learned they shot the cave scenes on a stage back at Warner Bros. AFTER the location filming, so the 13 skull patch being where it is and the position of the 13 patch UNDER the others in this image means Alex is NOT wearing his Hero jacket here despite this image suggesting he prepped for these scenes in his hero
tumblr_25d33471db02e7619842da56d764088d_9be17bcc_1280 (1).png

Clarks jacket matches up perfectly with the two scenes which would, if confirmed mean, the never worn "A" Hero backup couldnt be the sean clark video jacket.

Is it possible that sean clarks jacket is the jacket worn in both the beach scene and by Alex in the hanging cave scene? They seem to match up in pictures I have and i remember sean clarks video suggesting the same. View attachment 1805048
This appears to be Clarks jacket. At first I thought it was Alexs Hero jacket but then I learned they shot the cave scenes on a stage back at Warner Bros. AFTER the location filming, so the 13 skull patch being where it is and the position of the 13 patch UNDER the others in this image means Alex is NOT wearing his Hero jacket here despite this image suggesting he prepped for these scenes in his hero View attachment 1805049

Clarks jacket matches up perfectly with the two scenes which would, if confirmed mean, the never worn "A" Hero backup couldnt be the sean clark video jacket.
The Sean Clark jacket is the A patch jacket.
Sean Clark wasn't even aware of that when he purchased the jacket. As far as him screen matching his jacket, if you spent $40,000 on a jacket wouldn't you want to believe it was screen used too. Sean Clark literally knew nothing about the jacket when we bought it and that was part of the reason why he was upset with the Prop Store because they wouldn't allow him to ask the seller any questions directly. Sorry I respectfully disagree and am still of the belief that his jacket was never used due to the fact it had the A patch on it from Warner Brothers. And also the fact that it looks unused. The weathering on it is all artificial. I remember when it first sold to the owner Sean got it from and he took the A patch off.

Last edited:
And as for now you see it now you don't...
The patch was accidentally torn off on the carosel scuffle. It's literally on there before they fight, and then gone after the fight.
The stunt jacket was covered in blood from Marko being killed, that's also why they probably used it for the scene where they killed the beach punks because they were covered in blood, so that would make sense.

The patch was accidentally torn off on the carosel scuffle. It's literally on there before they fight, and then gone after the fight.
The stunt jacket was covered in blood from Marko being killed, that's also why they probably used it for the scene where they killed the beach punks because they were covered in blood, so that would make sense.
I think theres been a misunderstanding here. Im saying the patch is also missing after the beach fight. As the picture attached shows.

The bloody stunt jacket (which i believe is the one used in The Great White Hype) was worn First in the beach scene and then again by the stuntman when they filmed the death scene. Alex winter himself has stated the beach scene was one of the first scenes they did and the death scenes were filmed after location filming finished back at Warner Bros. If you watch the beach scene its not very bloody after that but in great white hype its covered.
Screenshot_20240330-090741.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240330-100131.png
    Screenshot_20240330-100131.png
    953.6 KB · Views: 13
I think theres been a misunderstanding here. Im saying the patch is also missing after the beach fight. As the picture attached shows.

The bloody stunt jacket (which i believe is the one used in The Great White Hype) was worn First in the beach scene and then again by the stuntman when they filmed the death scene. Alex winter himself has stated the beach scene was one of the first scenes they did and the death scenes were filmed after location filming finished back at Warner Bros. If you watch the beach scene its not very bloody after that but in great white hype its covered. View attachment 1805174
As far as Sean's being the jacket Alex is wearing sleeping, I'm going to eat my own words. I am now open to the possibility that it is his jacket after studying the picture. Which further makes that illusive "A" patch a bigger mystery. Sean's jacket was the one with the A patch, that is a fact. But why was it there?, who knows.
Screenshot_20240330_181607_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
The Sean Clark jacket is the A patch jacket.
Sean Clark wasn't even aware of that when he purchased the jacket. As far as him screen matching his jacket, if you spent $40,000 on a jacket wouldn't you want to believe it was screen used too. Sean Clark literally knew nothing about the jacket when we bought it and that was part of the reason why he was upset with the Prop Store because they wouldn't allow him to ask the seller any questions directly. Sorry I respectfully disagree and am still of the belief that his jacket was never used due to the fact it had the A patch on it from Warner Brothers. And also the fact that it looks unused. The weathering on it is all artificial. I remember when it first sold to the owner Sean got it from and he took the A patch off.
You may be right there Pennywise you'd know more than me to be fair.

I took sean clark for his word and thats probably biased my research.

What jacket do you think Alex is wearing here. We know it's not the A jacket, it's definitely not his hero. Possibly the stunt death/beach jacket?

Between 4 and 6 were made.

Alex took his hero jacket and boots after filming and they fell apart in his attic. (According to Alex)

Seans A jacket was never used.

Ones been torn apart for the great white hype.

That means possibly up to 3 are unnacounted for.

As far as Sean's being the jacket Alex is wearing sleeping, I'm going to eat my own words. I am now open to the possibility that it is his jacket after studying the picture. Which further makes that illusive "A" patch a bigger mystery. Sean's jacket was the one with the A patch, that is a fact. By why was it there, who knows.
View attachment 1805175View attachment 1805177
There's the possibility that the stunt jacket destroyed for the great white hype could've been an exact replica of the A jacket just without the A? Its a bit of a mystery as to why hes seen in his hero jacket wearing a stake but in the movie hes not got the hero jacket on before or during being staked.

I can feel another rewatch coming on here.

You may be right there Pennywise you'd know more than me to be fair.

I took sean clark for his word and thats probably biased my research.

What jacket do you think Alex is wearing here. We know it's not the A jacket, it's definitely not his hero. Possibly the stunt death/beach jacket?

View attachment 1805176

Between 4 and 6 were made.

Alex took his hero jacket and boots after filming and they fell apart in his attic. (According to Alex)

Seans A jacket was never used.

Ones been torn apart for the great white hype.

That means possibly up to 3 are unnacounted for.
I'm no expert, I just have my opinions like everyone else. I go off the information that has been posted over the years and studying pictures closely but I'm sure there's plenty of things I'm wrong about.

There's the possibility that the stunt jacket destroyed for the great white hype could've been an exact replica of the A jacket just without the A? Its a bit of a mystery as to why hes seen in his hero jacket wearing a stake but in the movie hes not got the hero jacket on before or during being staked.

I can feel another rewatch coming on here.
Right! I think it's made more confusing because it's not filmed in sequence. There was a recent interview with Sean Clark and Alex Winter and Alex said his scenes were finished fairly quickly but was allowed to "hang out" on the set a watch the filming.
Who knows.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back