Lost Auction - Did anyone here get anything?

Re: Lost Auction - catalog is out

I've never been part of an auction before, but there are some things on there I wouldn't mind putting a bid on - if I could figure out a way to justify the cost.

I'd love to know if anyone else is planning to get anything.

I'm going to make an attempt, but am not going to go to high on my bidding. I'm hoping just to snag a small memento:thumbsup

There are a lot of issues with this auction according to the prop blog.

Joe

Last edited:

I'd probably pay that much for Desmond's Dharma jump suit. Don't think I can make it out there, though.

That's disappointing, Trooper421. I can understand if they don't have everything that was screen used and were willing to sell the back up props, but they should be sure to make that clear.

I wasn't planning on spending that kind of money on it anyway, but if I did, it would stink to have something that wasn't what it was advertised for.

Personally, I'd pay for something that wasn't screen used, but was on the set - so long as I didn't get in a huge bidding war over it. So I think they could still make some money, maybe even more, by being honest.

Think about it - if they had FEWER screen used stuff, but they actually were screen used, those items would go higher in price.

Since there are probably 2-3 prop back ups they could sell more of them by admitting it right off.

As it is, this puts everything they are selling into question and people are less likely to want to bid on something and get snookered.

:thumbsdown Shame.

Hmm..... I'll have to think about this long and hard. Too bad they don't list sizes. Bonham's did a fantastic job of that when they did their Who auction last year.

Is the auction open for viewing the props onsite? I work about 4 blocks from the Santa Monica airport and could swing by to take pics, if so.

I have no clue... I don't know how these things work.

But if you could get some shots of Jacob's costumes, sandals and props, that would be so sweet! :love:love:love I'm making my husband a Jacob costume for Halloween.

Re: Lost Auction - link to twitter with going prices in OP

I put up a link to the twitter in the original post where you can see how much this stuff is going for. $3500 for Charlie's pilot episode costume. :eek

Re: Lost Auction - link to twitter with going prices in OP

I can't seem to figure out how to find the end prices on the items. Anyone keeping track of them?

There are a lot of issues with this auction according to the prop blog.

Joe
we at movieobjects asked Joe Maddalena to answer those attacks. He just said that every piece of the catalog was production made or screen-used. no fake, but he didn't admit any mistake (that are obvious sometimes)...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back