Lost Auction - Did anyone here get anything?

Does anyone here who won an item need to use a third party shipper? I do and I'm curious who people are going with. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Depends how big it is, ive bought plenty of stuff in the past that need a shipping company. If you ask your handler at PoH he/she should be able to recomend it for you. Keep in mind though youll be paying them to pick it up, package, and ship it. The last time I did it, shipping cost me $400 and had to come in a crate. If you cant find anyone, Ill dig up who i used in the past.

Depends how big it is, ive bought plenty of stuff in the past that need a shipping company. If you ask your handler at PoH he/she should be able to recomend it for you. Keep in mind though youll be paying them to pick it up, package, and ship it. The last time I did it, shipping cost me $400 and had to come in a crate. If you cant find anyone, Ill dig up who i used in the past.

Thanks very much for your answer. PIH did indeed recommend a couple of companies but I'm a first timer and was curious what others experiences have been. It will be big but I don't think my items would require anything terribly large:

faradayequipment.jpg

faradayrockets.jpg

post-32-128338440723.jpg

Ahh, nice! I gave that lot a shot but it eventually went out of my reach. The size (and shipping cost) kind of scared me off also. Still, it ended up at a good price considering it demonstrates an important plot point in the show - the funky time effects of the island. And one of the few props posted in this thread too!

Thanks. I thought the same thing as the time travel/distortion was one of my favorite elements of the show. I really wanted something from Locke or Jack but finally went all in for this one prop. Still don't have confirmation on getting it shipped yet, though!

I was the successful bidder on 2 items. :) Kates handcuffs (that she is bound with on the plane and the same ones that Walt finds in the jungle). I also got the blindfold that Charlie had on when he was hung from the tree by Ethan. Planning on getting some kind of manequin head to put that one on and display cases and stands for both.

I’m really disappointed with the background info that I’ve been given about my prop by Profiles in History post sale.

I was looking to get screenshots of Kate’s Handcuffs being used in the pilot episode.

I know that they were used on flight 815 on Kate but wanted confirmation that the same prop was indeed also the same one found by Walt in the jungle at the beginning of part 2 of the pilot.

PIF, and in turn ABC, cannot confirm this leaving me somewhat peeved about their lack of professionalism on the history of the prop.

Any suggestions on how else or if I can find out guys???

Last edited by a moderator:
Im afraid I think that at this point there is probably nothing you can do.

Even the propmaster isnt returning messages etc. so I think this chapter is closed.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back