Looper Blunderbuss - Pics of Painted Slushcast Kit on pg. 18

I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Rian Johnson's first two flicks ("Brick" and "The Brothers Bloom," for those who haven't heard of him. His new movie "Looper" is a time-travel flick with Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing a young Bruce Willis.

Ain't It Cool just posted the first pics of Joe in Bruce make-up, and while I'm super excited to see stills from the flick, I'm even MORE excited seeing those awesome guns that Joe's wielding. Anyone have ANY idea what gun the futuristic revolver and the odd-looking shotgun are based on? I wanna get a head-start (despite the fact that I won't be able to do any sort of real work until it's out on Blu Ray and DVD).

Wacky Revolver:
JoeLooper1.jpg

Shotgun
JoeLooper2.jpg

Also, I didn't want to start a separate thread for this...but I TOTALLY want a replica of the jacket he's wearing in the first pic as well. I. Can't. Wait.

-Jonaas

Last edited:
"Looper" Blunderbuss Shotgun WIP

HI-RES SHOTS!

joseph-gordon-levitt-looper-movie-image.jpg

looper-joseph-gordon-levitt-image.jpg

Upon closer inspection, that "shotgun" he's holding in the second shot is more of a billy club of some sort. But does anyone have any ideas about the revolver base?

-Jonaas

Last edited:
Re: Rian Johnson's "Looper"...I LOVE these props!

The revolver in the top pic looks like it's based on a Mateba.

The revolver in the top pic is very likely a Mateba model.

Not too sure on the revolver in the second picture. Seems to be a large caliber whatever it is. The other thing he's holding looks to be a custom job but, the main ribbed body appears to be a quad rail AR15 hand guard.

Maybe the Mateba Model 6 Unica with 5" Barrel - .357 Magnum

800px-Pistol_Italian_Mateba_Unica_in_.44_Rem._Mag._with_muzzle_break.jpg

I think that's the one! I'd never even HEARD of Mateba! Now, I'm going to try and track down a live Unica for myself!

Probably best known (around here...) as the sidearm of choice for Togusa in the Ghost in the Shell movies & TV series, and Wash's pistol in Serenity.

The modified Serenity gun was also used by Gerard Butler in Gamer.

They don't make Mateba's anymore, haven't for years. They are very expensive, and can be hard to find. Not impossible. Good luck.

In the other pic, I think the gun in his right hand is a Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 7.5" barrel, and black grips. The left hand, no way to be sure what that is under the quad rail. The grips looks like bone.

Another film with a mateba: Give 'em Hell Malone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9MJXSePl_A

They don't make Mateba's anymore, haven't for years. They are very expensive, and can be hard to find. Not impossible. Good luck.

Aw, man...what a bummer. I'll do my best, but money is DEFINITELY an object and if it's as expensive as I'm imagining it is, I'll have to let it go or dive into another scratchbuild.

As far as the Blackhawk, thanks for the find, but right now I've got a real hard-on for the Mateba so I'm focusing my search on that. There's gotta be a resin cast out there somewhere.

The quad rail appears to be an Olympic Arms free-floating RIS (rail interface system), but it looks to have removable rails, so maybe not that exact brand. The vent holes match up, though.

RIS_JBU_M16_lg.jpg

I thought it was a club, but evidently it has a trigger and goes boom.

So it's the rifle size listed above.

You mean caliber-wise? Not necessarily. It performs like a shotgun, but unless it's a space—I mean looper—gun, it would have to be a single shot. (Maybe it is. We'll see.)

Or physical size? Yes. :)

Ah. I didn't see the other choices. Looks pretty simple (if pricey): RIS, wood stock, trigger and guard, tape, and those mystery bits on each end.

Who's first?

That jacket is too cool for me not to make.
And that Looper's Gun is too awesome not to cobble.

Thank God I know the script is amazing. Worthwhile investment, gents.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back