Looking for buttons / switches of specific size?


Well-Known Member
Greetings All !

I'm building a Dr. Who K-9. And I'm on a deadline, so some things will have to be rushed.

K-9's control pad has 12 buttons that are 1 inch by .75 inches (25mm x 19mm) .... and then two buttons that are 1.5" by 1.5" square (38mm) .

Now, I could theoretically hunt down either actual working switches of that dimension... or just buy the colored switch covers and maybe shove LED's underneath them.
Any advice on where to find either switches or covers of those dimensions?

Been checking eBay and the rectangular switches I'm finding are just a bit shy of those dimensions. And I'm not even finding any covers / lenses at all. Not sure if I'm using the right keywords to try to find them.


-= Dave =-


Well-Known Member
I think I may have found my answer. Two different series of transparent lens caps for buttons. The EAO 01 series has no white lenses currently in-stock, so I pulled up the EAO 31 series, which does. Looks like I can get the smaller buttons for about $25 + shipping. Guess I'll hunt their site some more for the larger ones.

8 perf

Sr Member
Have you looked at Mouser or Digikey? I think they are owned by the same parent company so selection may be duplicated.


Sr Member
Try a company called Newark. I have bought switch lenses from them before and they carry the standard colors.
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.