Long Running WIP

One thing I have found i really suck at - - teeth. Any help would be appreciated.
[/quote]
what about the teeth?!looks good what you did there!

Here's a couple of shots capturing tonights efforts. As I said before I have no concept art, primarily because I suck at drawing. So - I REALLY can't say where I'm going with this. Hopefully the mixture of P1, P2, AVP, and Elder traits in there , I don't upset the predator purest on here.

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Looking really good Dave...your detail in the crown is starting to show and I like the style very much.........a little different then whats been around the lair,not bad.

Here's a couple of shots capturing tonights efforts. As I said before I have no concept art, primarily because I suck at drawing. So - I REALLY can't say where I'm going with this. Hopefully the mixture of P1, P2, AVP, and Elder traits in there , I don't upset the predator purest on here.

Good progress, it's shaping up nicely.

A couple of update pictures from tonights efforts. Most work on the mouth. I never heard any feedback on the skin lines.... anyone?? THe question is how deep do you make the creases to ensure they show up on a poured mask??

Also, I threw on some resin mandible teeth from another mask Lazrith is working on, so I'm still looking for someone that has the large teeth.

Last question - I did throw in some clay for the smaller teeth, but I'm curious is it better to mold those into the mask itself?? or insert those as resin fills as well?? did that make sense?

anyway here's a couple of shots of progress.

For some comic relief - here's the comparison of the "filled" duct tape dummies for Lazrith and I.

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

when i did my sculpt, i had no problems with the ultracal picking up any and all details. you just want to make sure you put on the first layer with care, as all you details will be in this.

i don't know about sculpting the teeth. it seems that everyone else here makes all the teeth in resin to be added later.

later
xd

ps..... such a nice clean work space. kudos.

Been staring at this thing for two days. Finnaly started to ad a bit of detail.

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

By the way.... Yea - A clean workplace is a happy workplace

IMG_2254.jpg

It's getting close ... I think. I've pretty much focused on the one side, working to get it the way I "think" it should be. Again, open for suggestions.

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

As I posted earlier. To keep the overall space needs down for pictures, I have started to delete the early stage posts. SO - if some of the comments seem out of sequence, it's probably because the orginal post is gone.

:) man this popcorn is the ****.........OH YEAH DAVE....YOU HAVE BEEN HOLDING OUT ON US............Really really good job for a first timer. Im digging this thread!

i was gonna suggest that you age the crest more by giving it some more detail. but i can see in some of the pics there are a bunch of fine lines. Great work man. looks fantastic.

THanks - I'm a bit nervous to actually mold it..... I need to sit and look at it for a few more days before I jump into that venture. The idea of the mold not turning out - and knowing if it doesn't I am pretty much back at the starting line is nerve wracking. I see the guys on here do it all the time - but still........

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back