Long Running WIP

Lookin foward to seeing this guy painted
Hope you don't mind, here's a painted head of Daves Elder sculpt he made so far, not yet finished with it.
P6210775.jpg

Wow, sorry i missed this thread, really steller work, nicely done, its a great feeling to make something and have it turn out the way you wanted

I went to the mountains on vacation this past week. took a little clay, and the armature I made from my mask. I wanted to have a bio that goes specifically with the mask. SO i got the armature blocked out with clay. Here's the first pics.

Picture001-1.jpg.gif

Picture002.jpg.gif

Also - I am working a cooling system into my suit. I had to figure how to get (2) - (8) packs of AA batteries worked into the suit. So I took an eight battery holder, wrapped it with plastic wrap, and started adding clay. Here's the bottom portion. I'll make the mold and pour, then sculpt out the lid of the box. Two of these will clip to the belt as part of the suit.

Picture003-1.jpg.gif

I'm not planning to have the bio done by comiccon - but hte cooling system if vital...... I'd hate to see pictures on the lair of the elder - BuddhaPred sprawled out on the convention floor from heat exaustion.

E-O

i dont know i didnt keep up with this topic but it is all looking insane. the gold/silver is awsome and your masks is really cool too. with that talent, i cant wait to see the bio sculpted. it should have glyphs carved in the crown and battle damage like alien claws over the eye or something to show hes really a tough elder!

TWO WEEKS TO CON09 !!!!!! Time to start fitting your suits and pulling together the intricate little pieces you've been working for so long. As this thread has been going for some time now, the next few days will start to wind down and put closure behind the "Long Running WIP". THis has been a blast, I hope you enjoy the final steps of pulling this suit together. A Huge thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me along the way.

Enjoy.

IMG_4104.jpg.gif

IMG_4106.jpg.gif

IMG_4105.jpg.gif

and yes those are MY eyes, and not contacts. I couldn't have asked the mask to fit any better.

more pictures to come as the suit if finalized this weekend.
again, thanks for following this progress the last few months.

Elder-One

Elder-One,

That paintup on the skin is superb, the fit on the mask is just amazing, the dreads are just the right color...... ohmygosh I can't wait to see the complete suit o_O

...rock the Con!

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back