Lon Chaney Mummy from Monsterpalooza - bust and statue

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

I recently added pics to http://www.TomSpinaDesigns.com (on our Custom Sculpture Busts and Statues page )
of a Lon Chaney Mummy sculpt I created to be featured as part of a life-sized mummy in the museum at Monsterpalooza. For the show, I sculpted and finished the head and Kelly Delcambre created the body and base.

Our goal was to create a faithful interpretation of Chaney in Pierce's makeup from The Mummy's Tomb and to be sure that Lon showed through in the final sculpt.

We've now created a high-quality bust version, featuring my sculpt and Kelly's paint and finish work. It's also got a custom glass eye and antiqued wood base and riser.

Please email me at TomSpina@mac.com for more info if the bust or statue interests you.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pics :)

best,
Tom

The Lifesized Lon Chaney Kharis the Living Mummy from the Museum at Monsterpalooza:
Mummy-Fullsize.jpg

A pair of updated photos of that statue (with greatly improved hand!):

Mummy-Fullsize-Statue.jpg
And a closer look at the head made for the statue:

Mummy-Bust1.jpg
A bust version, featuring my sculpt and Kelly Delcambre's finish work

Mummy-Bust2.jpgMummy-Bust3.jpgMummy-Bust5.jpgMummy-Bust6.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks much guys!

Sarge, we definitely considered doing the Aurora style base... we were totally trying to capture that vibe with the pose (while keeping true to some of the old film stills).

best,
Tom

Amazing Tom!!!! I'm always impressed by the projects that you and Kelly create.

Thanks Tony!! I'll be sure to pass that along to Kelly as well!

BTW, for those interested, we've added a gallery of pics from the show to our site: http://www.tomspinadesigns.com/monsterpalooza2009.html

From what I'm hearing, there will likely be another Monsterpalooza next year. Nearly all the people I talked with there said it was the best show they'd been to in years and I have to agree! Keep your eyes peeled for it and don't miss it!

best,
Tom

Hi All,
I think the Tom Spina Chaney Mummy is the best Mummy head/bust out there. I finally wanted to find one...I know a lot late...lol. At the time they came out I was not in a position to get one. I contacted Tom's website and they said that mold is way back in the warehouse and its condition is unknown so unfortunately they are not interested in taking the project on, which I do understand. So I now ask the group, does any member have a blank of this piece or possibly a finished piece that they may consider selling? Please PM me if interested.

And again Tom amazing work!!!!

Thanks
Ed

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back