Enik from LAND OF THE LOST! Restoration and Custom Mannequin Display

LOVE IT! I saw this on the Hollywood Treasures and it's great to hear that you took such good care of it in the restoration. A couple of questions if you don't mind, where did you get the prismatic paper for the miniature Magetti necklace and where did you get the disco cloth for the tunic? I'm seriously considering working on a bust of Enik but wouldn't want him naked without his gear.

Love when this gets bumped... I forget about it then I'm pleasantly reminded! Pure awesomeness.

I wish there were more prop projects dedicated to this or any of the Krofft shows.

There seems to be a lack of resources/reference for someone like me without any connections.

I refuse to acknowledge any Wampa project as complete before it has been photographed against a hideous orange shag carpet. ;)

Anyway, it's so great to see this restored, and restored well. Enik (or "Enoch" as it was spelled in his first episode, although that would change) is one of my faves. Reminds me it's time I spun up the LOTL DVDs again. :)

Thanks guys :)

LOVE IT! I saw this on the Hollywood Treasures and it's great to hear that you took such good care of it in the restoration. A couple of questions if you don't mind, where did you get the prismatic paper for the miniature Magetti necklace and where did you get the disco cloth for the tunic? I'm seriously considering working on a bust of Enik but wouldn't want him naked without his gear.

The cloth was a find by a friend in an LA fabric shop. Not much to tell about it other than there are very small orange sequins throughout.

I don't have a link for the prismatic paper anymore (found it online... maybe a scrapbooking site or some such?) Regardless, days after we wrapped the project, I found the exact same stuff in the form of a party bag at a $1 store!

Tom

When I saw this episode of Hollywood Treasures (Season One - Epsiode 118 - "The One That Got Away"), I was glued, riveted, hypnotized, etc. to my TV just like every Saturday morning when watching LAND OF THE LOST.

There it was...the ORIGINAL Enik costume fully restored by the amazing and extremely talent team at Tom Spina Designs! (OMG!!!!!!)

I could not believe how totally awesome the restoration was on the seriously deteriorated original costume. At the same time, I love all of the restoration pics that show the origins (seeing the wet-suit) of the costume. I am so thankful that this prop has survived 40 years and has been finally preserved for all time.

Absolutely FANTASTIC workmanship Tom and team!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back