Loki season 2

It actually hasn't been conclusively established one way or the other yet. the next hearing is October 25th, this Wednesday.
It doesn't really matter though since he's almost certainly been judged in the court of public opinion and as such things go, whether he's truly guilty or not people are going to consider him guilty and his career will likely suffer as a result.

It doesn't really matter though since he's almost certainly been judged in the court of public opinion and as such things go, whether he's truly guilty or not people are going to consider him guilty and his career will likely suffer as a result.

He lost a couple previously announced roles in the intimidate aftermath, and he'll need a new talent agency, but the strike was well timed for him. If he is found not guilty his career will recover with with a relatively small disruption.

But… What will The Mouse conclude about him?
Like most studios, they probably won't touch him with a 10' pole for at least the next 5 - 10 years, longer if he's found guilty. Studios tend to avoid controversial actors who've done or have been accused of doing bad things, or even just wrong think.

I don't know if this is a potential spoiler or just speculation or if it's already been revealed, but I just noticed part of Sylvie's costume that seems to confirm that she is
Enchantress, or at least a version of her. The "oooO" design on her sleeve is evocative of the design on the legs of the comic character's classic costume:
1000004462.jpg

1000004492.jpg

I don't know if this is a potential spoiler or just speculation or if it's already been revealed, but I just noticed part of Sylvie's costume that seems to confirm that she is
Enchantress, or at least a version of her. The "oooO" design on her sleeve is evocative of the design on the legs of the comic character's classic costume:
View attachment 1756565
View attachment 1756566
I don't think she is supposed to be her but according to the the writers/producers they based a lot of her character on her.

I don't think she is supposed to be her but according to the the writers/producers they based a lot of her character on her.
I just did a quick Google, it seems there's a lot more to confirm her character. Link in spoiler:

So there's another Enchantress character in the comics, other than the original Amora the Enchantress of Asgard: Sylvie Lushton of Broxton, Oklahoma (which is where Loki's Sylvie is working at McDonald's). While that Enchantess is not Asgardian (and not a Loki variant), I'd say the writers (and costume designer) want us to think of Loki's Sylvie as at least a version of the Enchantress, if not the original.

Part of me thinks that the multiverse idea has kind of made the introduction of new characters less exciting. Like, we got multiverse versions of characters in Doctor Strange 2, only to see them die. Seems like it's too easy to introduce characters and say they're from other universes and just dump them whenever they want. So if someone is cast as the new MCU Wolverine, he could easily be killed off or replaced somehow, recast with another actor. So should we care about new characters? IDK.

Episode 5, another great one. I've really enjoyed series 2 and next week will be bittersweet given it will be the end but also really excited to see where the show goes and how everything gets wrapped up.
Plus next Friday is The Marvels opening day, got my IMAX tickets booked.
With the Loki finale and The Marvels it is going to be a great day.
Excelsior!

With all the retro technology and time travel, this show seems to me like just another episode of The Umbrella Academy with a little Doom Patrol thrown in. I enjoy watching it every week, but nothing about it really intrigues me.

Was it ever explained why Loki randomly started time slipping after killing HWR? Or was it just setup to be a convenient ability for him to go back in time in the finale lol

Was it ever explained why Loki randomly started time slipping after killing HWR? Or was it just setup to be a convenient ability for him to go back in time in the finale lol
I mean... does it NEED to be explained? I don't really feel like it does. Personally, I just assumed that it was because he went back to the TVA right after being exposed to the energies of HWR's little lair when **** went down while Sylvie went to another timeline which is why she DIDN'T start timeslipping.

Loki has been outside of time all along hence his ability to time slip, it's the ouroboros, the chicken and the egg kind of situation which has been a theme throughout this second series.
He survived the temporal loom exploding because it had happened to him before because O.B. and Mobius used the tether device to pull Loki out of time which then lead to him time slipping when the loom exploded whereas everyone else was reset to the lives they had back on the timeline prior to being taken by He Who Remains to work for TVA.

As an aside, I'm very curious to see how Ravona is doing in the Void after being pruned by Brad under Sylvie's enchantment.

The direction this series has been really innovative and interesting. I loved what Kate Hereon did for series 1, laying the groundwork and establishing this very realised world of the TVA. The direction on series 2 has elevated things to another level, the camera motion during long shots, I think Benson and Motorhead have really nailed. Not to say the other directors this series haven't but I really appreciate what the duo have done for the look and style of series 2. The pacing and style is great and has suited the more urgent nature of the ticking clock aspect of the story.

Last edited:
The direction this series has been really innovative and interesting. I loved what Kate Hereon did for series 1, laying the groundwork and establishing this very realised world of the TVA. The direction on series 2 has elevated things to another level, the camera motion during long shots, I think Benson and Motorhead have really nailed. Not to say the other directors this series haven't but I really appreciate what the duo have done for the look and style of series 2. The pacing and style is great and has suited the more urgent nature of the ticking clock aspect of the story.
The thing that I like the most about this series (show) is the pacing, unlike just about every other Marvel and Star Wars shows, the writers on this show really seem to know how to write for a 6 episode season. They really seem to get that they only have 6 episodes to tell their story and don't try to cram 8 or 10 episodes worth of story into just 6 episodes and end up with a rushed season or series finale like so many other shows on Disney +.

I think, and have thought all the way through Marvel doing it, that the timeline and multiverse stories just weaken our caring about all the characters...It makes it too easy to swap new actors in if needed, and too easy to obfuscate the "laws" around life and death that make all the stories "meaningful".....None of that really matters if there's a billion and one multiverses to focus on and care about.......We can handle one, two maybe (Across the Spiderverse and No Way Home prove that), but unless we've taken the time to get invested in the characters FROM those other timelines (make them ours...) we just don't care....

Marvel has thrown so many possible timelines out, that it makes it very hard to know why we should care about any of the new characters we're given, which of course, means those stories are a lot less meaningful or interesting to us as fans, to watch....

Marvel does it in the books too, but at least there, they DO come back to the original timeline to focus us more frequently.....The Multiverse IS fun, and it DOES open up much more storytelling options, but we need TIME to care about those timelines too, and Marvel hasn't given us that at all....That, plus the non-linear nature of it all makes it very hard to remain focused on characters we care about (as we did with the first Avengers movie)......It feels like they've spread the butter too thinly over the bread this time......

Doesn't mean it's over, but it does mean they have to focus us back on a group we DO know and care about, if they're to get back to something close to Endgame greatness....We'll see I guess!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back